Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Minecraft Eula And P2w Server Confusion

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by A Human, Jun 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A Human

A Human Definitely not an alien. VIP+

Minecraft:
    So, as far as I know there is something in the minecraft EULA that bans servers from being too P2W (Pay-To-Win). I think that’s what banned Wynn from making ranks give in-game benefits, right? (I’m new to Wynn but read something about that)

So, what confuses me here is that a ton of small servers that have remotely p2w store purchases are forced to remove them, however large servers like Hypixel and CosmicPvP have tons of p2w store items and Mojang is just ignoring it.

Is there something I’m not understanding about the EULA?

2. Khaps

Khaps Ex-moderator and leader of the Mythic Emporium HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Can you tell me wich items are pay to win in Hypixel/CosmicPvP's store? (I only know Hypixel, so preferably give me an example using Hypixel)

3. orange0404

orange0404 corkus is actually here HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Boosters

4. flip

flip Chef HERO

Minecraft:
    But aren't the boosters like the bombs on Wynn, as in they're server or game wide boosts for all players.

Aya likes this.
  5. Khaps

Khaps Ex-moderator and leader of the Mythic Emporium HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yup
    And the tip is ok, since it gives a tip not only to the tipped, but to the tipper too.

Jbip likes this.
  6. A Human

Minecraft:
    I don’t actually know much about Hypixel’s store, just going off of what people told me.
    However, I played on CosmicPvP for 2 years, so I can explain the p2w items they have.
    They sell ranks, as does every server. However, those ranks cost up to $200 USD and they give massive in-game benefits. For example, top rank allows you to fly, heal yourself, fix your items, have the ability to open legendary loot chests, (anyone below rank 1 can’t open legendary loot chests) and a ton more. The list of perks it gives you on their store has about 20 things on it. You CAN be really good at the server without paying, but no matter how hard you try people who pay money will always be doing better than you. None of the items benefit anyone apart from the person who bought it and/of their faction. They have about 100 items on their store.

7. Salkasm

Salkasm [[Hyperlink Blocked]] Staff Member Mod Manager Moderator CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Actually, I thought of the same but not for the servers you mentioned. I have played on a server half a year ago, where you were able to buy items from on online store and use it on yourself, but also sell or trade it for in-game currency to different players. 1 player with a huge wallet was dominating the amount of currency one playr can have, to the extent where he hit the cap and started another account to store more money. I wont call out the server, but I saw many many things wrong with that. Apart from their twisted staff, the server was kinda fun though.

8. A Human

Minecraft:
    Unless they’ve changed it since I quit, you can do that on Cosmic as well.

9. Stag2001

Stag2001 360 mlg hipster cat CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Pretty sure this could be bypassed by making the ranks obtainable somehow without paying (like Mineplex's rank upgrades which are pretty much impossible to get, *cough*), but yeah Mojang seems to ignore some servers.

10. A Human

Minecraft:
    Oh so if they’re technically possible to get in-game they aren’t breaking the EULA? Well, that explains the merchant on Cosmicpvp that sells ranks for such large prices of in-game money that nobody has ever managed to afford one. And the drop rates of ranks from loot crates being lower than mythic drop rates here on wynn.

11. (Meric)

(Meric) No longer edgy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeahp!

In cosmic theres a NPC hidden at spawn selling ranks for like 10000000x the normal marketplace with the description of something like "Were greedy bastards but were gonna go bash Mojang in this description by saying Mojang forced us to make this piece of shit NPC that sells the ranks at fake prices"

12. A Human

Minecraft:
    It says something more along the lines of ‘we dont like the new eula and this is the only way we can keep selling insane overpowered ranks for $200 instead of making the server less p2w’

13. Linnyflower

Linnyflower ironman btw Item Team HICH Master CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Actually, Mojang can't do jack shit against your server other than blacklisting the IP.
    Server switches to a new IP.
    Mojang blacklists that one.
    Switch back.

14. (Meric)

(Meric) No longer edgy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's much harder for a server to function with a blacklisted IP

15. Linnyflower

Linnyflower ironman btw Item Team HICH Master CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft: