Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Is This Game Truly Worth Returning To?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by socko32, Jun 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. socko32

socko32 Huh. VIP+

Minecraft:
    I used to play a considerable amount of time ago but I left because I felt like the game stagnated for me. The quests felt like reskinned fetch kill quests to me and I had to solo them as a mage (not fun to do). It took far too long to find questing partners and between quests all you do is grind. Has anything changed, does this game have the spark back that captivated me so when I first joined? Or is it still similar.
    Thanks for your time, socko32, a person who regrets picking solo mage.

Realises, Dr Zed and Xykeal like this.
  2. Wynnooblet

Wynnooblet Slayer of Useless Threads VIP+

Minecraft:
    I'd definitely consider rejoining as well as starting a new class. Many of the older quests have been reworked with aspects such as cinematic visuals and captivating dialogue. The community is pretty much the same, very friendly and supportive. TONS of content has been added (this depends on how long you were gone for) such as Gavel, Corkus, discoveries, new items, quests, mechanics, and more! But overall... yes.

3. Lucky_Creeper

Lucky_Creeper faithful bovemist at your service

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So well i was typing something realised i miss read something so this is here now

4. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    How long ago did you last play? If it like 2 or so years ago I'd return since so much has changed, not to mention that quests are better and grinding is easier. I've taken year-long "breaks" before and I've definitely gotten some of that spark back.
    If you left pretty recently... I honestly would continue taking a break, at least until the next update comes out.

5. PikaLegend

PikaLegend Shocking VIP+

Minecraft:
    If you are looking to return, I recommend starting over, and prehaps picking a class that you would enjoy. Since the Gavel Update, so much have change that it is quite overwhelming, which I am assuming that you have not tried it out yet.

Although some of the old issues like grinding or not-so-interesting quests will always be a thing, there is a lot of cool content to explore. Many quests and areas got revamped and improved. The many gameplay quality-of-life updates also improved many aspects of the game.

CookedPelvis likes this.
  6. CountBurn

CountBurn Hackysack? HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    mage is the easiest class not the hardest

MOOOSH, mouldy, ThomAnn100 and 2 others like this.
  7. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Depends on when you left. Wynn is 10 times better than it was a year ago. Gavel has barely changed and we got Corkus so.... Also the dungeons are pretty neat.

CookedPelvis likes this.
  8. BethJerry

BethJerry BFG 9000 CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I would at least give Wynncraft another shot. There's still three other classes you haven't tried, as well as new content that I'm assuming you haven't seen yet (It's pretty neat stuff). And if you come back now and think that it's still boring, wait another year or two for a few updates to roll around and come back then. The updates may take awhile, but for what the CT is working with they are pretty substantial.

Now, if you do choose to come back, my #1 tip is to start a fresh new class. There's a lot of stuff that's been reworked, added, or removed, so taking another good stroll through the game might be refreshing.

Dr Zed and CookedPelvis like this.
  9. dreamer101

dreamer101 Luto Aquarum enjoyer HERO

Minecraft:
    Ya. I think that is a lot easier to level up now because of all of the new quests so you aren’t stuck grinding at a lower level. Even if you need a little bit more do then you can do the dungeons. BTW dungeons are like the best way for leveling. Especially at level 80+

10. e!

e! ⁣e HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It can be kinda boring until the update

11. Khaps

Khaps Ex-moderator and leader of the Mythic Emporium HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hey,

I am part of the moderation team, so my feedback may not be 100% objective, but I'll try my best.
    First of all, I would need a bit more information, such as "When did you quit Wynncraft". That could help me tell you what has changed, and if you should (or not) start another class.

If you left a while ago, a lot of mechanics have been added, making the game even more unique and enjoyable, you should also start a new class because otherwise, you may get lost at high level without any understanding of the game.
    If you do not like mage, there are still 3 other classes to choose from : Warrior, Archer and Assassin, they all have different playstyle :
    Warrior : tank
    Archer : distance
    Assassin : close damage (often considered the hardest class, maybe not your best pick if you're just coming back)

You are talking about questing partners, well, there really is only one quest where it is absolutely needed to have partners, all of the other quests can be completed alone (or almost, see bob's lost soul).

I see you are talking about grinding, it has been reduced, dungeons are a really fast way to level up, but most of the time, you need friends to do them, to avoid boredom and to help you kill bosses or go through the dungeon faster.

About that 'spark' you are talking about, well, its always personal, there will always be someone that has it, and someone that doesn't, if you haven't been online for a while, and you like MMORPGs, I do think that spark will be there, with so much to explore, and so much to do. :D

12. socko32

socko32 Huh. VIP+

Minecraft:
    To rephrase my original post, I left around a year ago but logged on about 5 months ago one evening to see if anything had changed. I know the quest you mean Khaps, (??? is the one, right?) and I know all of the quirks of the individual classes, but really? Play it again? Even with a different class, the whole game is going to be the same, and that's 30 hours of repeating the same quests.

13. Lucky_Creeper

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Umm idk if gavel came out in that time but im quite sure corkus came out after that. Which to be honest is probably home to one of my favorite quest lines. And theres also guilds which are absolutely amazing. Especially now theres loads of guild drama to jump into.

14. Khaps

Khaps Ex-moderator and leader of the Mythic Emporium HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hey,

First of all, make sure to quote me next time so that I get an alert, I almost didn't see you answered.

Choosing a different playstyle makes the game really different, making some quests harder, some easier, leveling up an entirely new class will help you see how much you have evolved, and potentially start that spark.

Then, there is exploring, wich is really interesting, especially with the new update, wich from what I can see, you haven't seen "DnD" ('Dungeons and Discoveries'). This update had for goal to make players want to explore more, and see how enormous and wonderful of a job the builders put into Wynncraft.

If you feel like you are going to get bored doing quests, try to get your friends involved into Wynncraft and do dungeons together, that should fix your problem and help you level up quickly.

15. socko32

socko32 Huh. VIP+

Minecraft:
    I've just logged in and was promptly greeted with a "discovered mid aldorei" notification, and I am also very happy about the new bank system. I might keep playing just to appeal to the kleptomaniac inside of me that must have everything in game, but asking my friends to join a new game and grind to the eighties is a bit harsh. However, I do like the changes I have been noticing since i've logged on. Thank you.

CookedPelvis likes this.
  16. Lucky_Creeper

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Glad to hear it

17. Jbip

Jbip yea QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So you left after Gavel came out? Do you remember the sprint bar?
    Either way, it's still recommended that you start a new class and come back to your current one later on

18. nicktree

nicktree wynncraft player HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    yes it is.

19. dbleo

dbleo Dream Crusher HERO

Minecraft:
    also, there's another update right around the corner, so that would be 3 updates if you left before Corkus came out.

20. Azepie

Azepie oof VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    a high-end graphic with sexiest quality ever vs mmorpg but its in minecraft
    yes, definitely worth coming back.

Dr Zed likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.