Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Guild Feeding Rules Clarification (mods Read Plz)

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by WynnChairman, May 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AurumKitsune

AurumKitsune Queen of Phoenixes VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:

Icey_Diamond likes this.
  2. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Alliances happen in a cycle of boom and bust. Guilds just need to prep for the boom and try to actively cause the bust.

3. ThomAnn100

ThomAnn100 I have reached peak intelligence VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The difference is that right now a smaller guild has to fight against a ton of guilds who work together and if the top guilds actually fought each other they would be distracted and they wouldn't be with a shit ton of other guilds to take down this one territory.

4. Goden

Goden Everlasting Excellency HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    We're literally always distracted because we're pretty much always being attacled.

Also, the top guilds that do fight us hardly touch the big guilds on our side, they just attack the smaller ones too.

Hypocritical, hm?

Arcturisus and Icey_Diamond like this.
  5. Wynn: The Anime

Wynn: The Anime Does not like anime VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Guilds that are stronger and especially stronger guilds that work together will always win, that is just fact isn't it?

Even if a guild wanted to take on an alliance like the Federation or The Round Table, they would always lose due to them being outnumbered. Is this a problem? Of course it is not, The solution would be to team up with other guilds to take on an alliance as a team, and that is the beauty of guilds is that it promotes teamwork among players. You are SUPPOSED to team up with others if you want a stake in the map, no one person in history was able to rule a country, kingdom, or land by himself, for it was the help of his comrades that allowed many great rulers to seize victory.

It is not different here either.

6. ThomAnn100

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    How would that be hypocritical? They probably understand that fighting you is pointless if they're alone.
    I have no problem with people teaming up as long as those people aren't all of the top ten guilds who control all of the map. And please don't say"well just make your own mega alliance to take down the one that's there now" because that would be the exact concept I would be fighting against.

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  7. Wynn: The Anime

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If you are against mega-alliances, what is a possible alternative then? Are just the friends I've made in the Federation null because it would be "unfair" to team with them?

Too make it short, I do not see the problem with mega-alliances, if you can explain the cons of having mega-alliances than I would like to know and how anyone is preventing anybody from making one themselves and overthrowing the current power.

Queerito and Icey_Diamond like this.
  8. Tsunderes

Tsunderes A2 <3

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The top 10 guilds are a result of the alliance though...

Icey_Diamond likes this.
  9. ThomAnn100

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    A system I would like to have is not an ffa where people blindly try to kill each other, I would like a system where the strongest and most dedicated guild gets first place, not the person with the biggest alliances, I'm okay with alliances, just not the mega alliances.
    The problems with mega alliances is that newcomers do not stand a chance at getting territories. There's also the feeding thing which I don't want to spend much time on. Then there's the problem tht you always will win, unless we make a mega alliance ourselves(which I don't want to do since that's the exact concept I'm against) Fed will not be beaten.

10. Drew1011

Drew1011 Former Viceroy of the Foxes / Reviver of Kingdoms HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The guilds at the top are already there because of their strength and dedication.
    Do you think it’s easy to make mega alliances?
    Do you think it’s easy to keep them alive?
    Do you think it’s easy for them to prosper?
    I can assure you that it most certainly is not.
    I was the Co-Founder of the alliance before Federation, Coalition. I was the main one who put in the countless hours of time, energy, and dedication to grow the alliance in order for it to eventually own the map.
    I was the one micromanaging it for two months of map dominance in order to maintain its strength, only for the entire alliance to unexpectedly die in a single hour.
    I was the founder of Federation, the one who proposed and put in to action that the remnants of Coalition merge with another alliance in order to create Fed.
    I’ve been watching and helping it grow this entire time, and in the 3 and a half months it’s owned the map, there have been MULTIPLE times it’s almost come crashing down.
    No matter how it may seem to outsiders, this shit isn’t easy work. It’s barely even fun work. Back in March I got so stressed out because of the alliance that I almost quit guilds, something anyone who knows me will tell you is unthinkable because of how much I love this community.
    I can sit here and listen to all the other criticisms, but if you’re going to imply that the guilds on the top AREN’T on top because of hard work, strength, and dedication, then to me that just shows me that you have no clue what you are talking about.
    Practically anyone who has been in our position will tell you the same: this isn’t easy.

11. DragonEngineer

DragonEngineer Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Why not just
    unknown-63.png
    and we don't have this chaotic drama going on?

I honestly dislike how small guilds don't get a chance to capture territories and earn EXP/Emeralds when every single territory gets dominated by large guild or alliance.
    I think it is a poor game design choice.

This sounds like feeding to be honest.

TalkingKittyCat likes this.
  12. Wynn: The Anime

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Assuming a "mega-alliance" is an alliance where the top guilds are in an alliance together, wouldn't that satisfy the requirement for the "strongest and most dedicated guilds" getting on top of the leaderboard? As you may have noticed the guilds that are normally top 5: Fox, Fux, Imp, ERN, and SDU all are very hard working guilds that fight against the daily attacks that threaten either their territories or theirs. Not to discount other guilds both in Round Table or Fed, it shows that through past performance, current capability, and war presence. These guilds are obviously the "strongest and most dedicated guilds" Shouldn't they deserve their top 5 position for all the hard work they put in every day? Or is it unfair that the top 5 more hardworking dedicated guilds just so happen to be working together to dominate the map.

I agree with you that these guilds should dominate the map, and that the best guilds should dominate the map, but you also state that it is unfair to have a "mega-alliance" as it prevents newcomers from standing a chance in the first place. But you answered your own solution in your own sentence, the newcomer shouldn't be able to overcome the veterans, that is why they are at the top. The Federation today had to overthrow the entire leaderboard of what once was the Coalition. We should deserve every territory we attack and defend for the hard work we put in the claim and hold them.

And why delete guilds? Guilds are the closest thing we have of attaching the community together and a lot of my friends on here came from my current guild and past guild affiliations, the "chaotic drama" only comes up when either:
    a. There is a particular toxic player/guild and are harassing others or
    b. Vocal groups complain to staff for unnecessary change, many people have said this before but many up until recently, alliances were never a problem until people became dissatisfied of not being able crumble the current standing power hence the situation right now. In fact, for the past 7 months there was no trace of guild drama, despite an entire alliance war between Fed and Coalition, no one complained to anyone of the circumstances of either sides. It was never mentioned until now when people finally started complaining.

13. Tsunderes

Tsunderes A2 <3

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Guild wars are one of the very few things to do end game.

Icey_Diamond likes this.
  14. DragonEngineer

DragonEngineer Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Sorry I meant Guild Wars.

There could be other alternatives of Guild Wars, maybe Guild Raids or Guild vs Guild, something less seemingly abusive and less gray areas. I will find a time to make suggestions later.

Guild Raids are like Defending Guild will build their (virtual - not in map) territory (kinda like housing), and set up their mobs defences, Guilds can raid the territory. Successful raids will grant the raiding guild EXP and Emeralds. Successful defence will grant the defending guild EXP and Emeralds. The territory will not be lost either.

Guild vs Guild is more of multiple rounds of real-time player vs player.

ThomAnn100 likes this.
  15. Wynn: The Anime

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Both ideas seem like a cool idea, and realtime pvp, while may be hard to do realistically is something that I've talked about with other members before. But I think that there is something about having something you own be a part of the actual map is special in a sort of way to me at least. I like guild wars and like Tsunderes said, guild wars are one of the only things to do end game that will never end. So getting rid of them altogether is a bad idea fun-wise and I bet is a reason some people are still playing wynn today.

16. Tsunderes

Tsunderes A2 <3

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Guild vs Guild is your idea for pvp, but we're talking about pve right now.
    Your suggestion for guild raids is literally a less fun version of guild wars. Territories aren't involved so that takes out a lot of motivation/competition. If guilds are getting emeralds for a successful defense, then it would make it even harder for these "small guilds" who you hope will prosper. The competition to see who can claim and hold territories is what drives all guilds who war, regardless of their affiliation. Guild Wars were not designed so that some random level 40 could just walk in and solo a max 1k defense. Every guild started small, but they gained motivation from seeing how tough the enemy was, so they rose up to meet the challenge.

Icey_Diamond likes this.
  17. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't get why people make new guilds tbh

18. Avidify

Avidify 10 > 50 stacks of LE in 1 month || Pricechecker CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well first off, we do war from time to time but you seriously can’t claim we’re actively trying to gain large amounts of control of the map? So no, I assure you what I said is infact not nonsense.

Also, I’d love to hear your reasoning as to how Hax is “salty” over other guilds being in power given the fact that we completely stopped warring after the rules were set and we intentionally fell from power.

Us warring from time to time doesn’t mean we are competitively warring, if we were we’d do a little more than taking a few territories every few days. Trust me.

Also, I beleive Dark is coming back soon once he is done with college, so you’ll know when we’re actively trying to war again.

19. WynnChairman

WynnChairman Chairman of Wynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i feel like i explained well enough that Fed isnt doing anything wrong and ive seen several posts of people alluding to Fed feeding but not actually explaining how
    so i just wanna know what you exactly mean by what your saying

Icey_Diamond and Lego_DW like this.
  20. Goden

Goden Everlasting Excellency HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ^ this. I haven't seen any proof of concrete feeding by Fed from anyone that violates the current feeding rules. Until then, y'all have nothing on us and we haven't done a single thing wrong

Icey_Diamond, Reti and Drew1011 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.