Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Community Event Themed Custom Item Challenge - Hiatus

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SilverMirror, Apr 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plymouth

Plymouth Why do you read this CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Week 5
    Name: Aplistia
    Link: https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-649285570
    Lore: Created by great travellers at some point unknown this charm was engraved in a tomb to never be found but till some discoverers recently found it feel the greed of their desires instead of anything else
    Explanation: This Necklace focuses on Loot bonus and stealing in particular and those who wear it lose there mind causing lack of remembering things and such, (Btw the name comes from Greek word "Greed")

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  2. Eclipse

Eclipse Shifty Merchant VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Week 5:
    Name: Monolith
    https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-959298361
    Lore: Kor, a demigod of earth, once reduced an entire mountain to a hollow boulder for a certain warrior, as a token of gratitude for saving his life.

-ws, -hp, -almost all elemental damage for a melee earth build.

3. mouldy

mouldy heheheha

Minecraft:
    Week 5 Challenge:
    Name: Auxilium
    Texture: Rainbow III Wand
    Link: https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-706334171
    Lore: This stave was created not as a weapon to destroy civilisations and to cause war, but rather as a peaceful way to avoid hostile contact with others. Simply holding this stave gives a user almost superhuman speed and regeneration, both to the soul and the body. Attacking others with the staff, on the other hand, did virtually no damage at all. However, what the creators of the stave did not know, was that when one’s mind is too focused on healing oneself, they become vulnerable to attacks, amplifying the damage taken to a virtually unbearable point.
    Explanation: This wand is certainly not to be used as an offensive weapon. As it gives a boost to walkspeed, users can run from enemies and heal up away from them while holding the wand. Trying to hold this and gain invulnerability is also ineffective as the holders will take massive elemental damage from monsters. Also, I called it Auxilium because it literally means “Support” in Latin.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  4. Plymouth

Plymouth Why do you read this CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    fixing soon

5. LionII

LionII :D HERO

Minecraft:
    Why do you do it now, why did you say "why" on all of my products and WHY does your weapon HAVE NO ATTACK DAMAGE! AlSO IF IT IS SO THIN IT WOULD BE RAZOR SHARP MAKING YOUR ATTACK DAMAGE LARGER!

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  6. Madsi6

Madsi6 The Derpy Man Of Derpness CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Probably because they liked the idea, it fit the requirements and has a valid role in the game, so i don't see a reason to not post it. Plus giving critique like that is not the way to go, if you dislike an idea either suggest changes for the future so they can become a better custom item creator, or just simply don't respond. If it's a bad suggestion or not good enough, it won't get any points, and the creator of this challenge fully knows of that, so in the future please give feedback rather than just saying "why." as it won't help them to become better, which is the goal of the challenge :)

Arcturisus, Jacquie and SilverMirror like this.
  7. RemRin

RemRin Goddess of Air HERO

Minecraft:
    Week 5 Submission:
    https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-265183002
    Name: Swift
    Explenation: Extremely high walkspeed necklace, at a high costs of removing all defensive skill points to make it only suitable for running around, and not for any form of fighting at all. The -spell and melee% are there to further reinforce that idea of not fighting. This necklace is thus meant to be used for transportation means only.

Last edited: May 25, 2018
  8. LionII

LionII :D HERO

Minecraft:
    He did it to my stuff b4

9. Madsi6

Minecraft:
    Still doesn't give you the right to do it to them.
    And while no saying "why" to you was not something that in my eyes should happen, still it makes you just as good as him by saying it yourself, it's impressive how in 3 letters and a . you can go from being the better person to stoop to his level.
    Now i now this may sound harsh and i'm sorry if it did, it wasn't meant to be but it just came out that way, but i'm just trying to get you to understand that you should not always do what has been done to you, as this may make the public opinion of you (like me in this case, which was why i commented) worse. Now you don't always have to take the better approach, it's recommended but sometimes i may go down to their level too, which isn't what i should do, but it happens :)

Arcturisus likes this.
  10. e!

e! ⁣e HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    By infinitely thin I meant like on molecular level thin. At that level it would be like air that is kept in one spot, which would make the handle more dangerous than the "blade". The whole point of that "weapon" is to be nothing but a secondary, kinda like Wybel Paw. I gotta say, you can't do much with the theme of "Secondary item", so my idea for this week isn't the best or the most creative.

Sure, I guess I'll give criticism to your old suggestions instead of just saying "why". Your first submissions like "ROMPA" set and "Ailiar" were just random ID values mashed together into a single item, with some IDs being to incredibly overpowered, and others being useless. They also didn't fit the requirement (which are stated on page 1 of the thread). You also tried to make some crazy endgame legendaries and mythics, while yourself being only level 57. I suggest you take a look at the values of the average items you get at your level, and try to make items around your level with similar values (unless it says to make items only a certain level range in the requirements). That way you'll be closer to the stats curve and will have better chance to win.

Nah, I think @LionII was right to question my submission, cause at this point I do agree that it doesn't really make much sense. I'll probably edit my submission once I get a better idea.

Arcturisus likes this.
  11. Nyam

Nyam egg QA HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Okay I'm not forgetting again this week

Mage has Bonder
    Assassin has Ivory/Sapling
    Warrior has Dragon's Tongue
    Archer has... Nemract's Rage? Cornucopia? You're kinda stuck with either no HP regen or 1/4s with still lowish regen unless you have 135 skill points and a dozen or so stacks to spare

[​IMG]
    https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-835184933

Level is low enough to save higher-levelled item slots for stuff which actually does damage, but high enough to be able to be balanced without having poop regen
    No skill point req probably would've made this a bit too strong but I still tried to keep the req relatively low to make it easier to use as a secondary
    The -damage%s offset the low req and defensive nature while -poison keeps people from cheaply using that to deal good DPS with it
    Soul point regen and ele def%s are mainly for flavour, although the SP regen in particular also makes it slightly more useful as a secondary weapon
    I would've given it a few more IDs like agi, walk% and -earth/fire dam% but I felt like they would've cluttered it too much and that other IDs were more fitting

Jacquie likes this.
  12. Dinner

Dinner Austic VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Smh why does nobody use J U N E B E R R Y

You can use it with Gaea Hewn if you have it and it's perfect for GMA but everyone insists on using cornucopia for some reason

13. Electrolysis

Electrolysis person VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Item: https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-238018729

Name: Riftwalk

Explanation: It's a wand meant to be used for fast travelling or getting out of a sticky situation quickly. Mana regen allows teleport spamming, but the lack of damage in addition to the negatives, with no powder slots means that it cannot be used in combat at all. The huge negative water damage means that it cannot be used for heal spam, with the negative health further discouraging it for being used to regen mana, for healing, or for being used in combat in any way other than getting out quickly, as you effectively take a big load of damage by equipping it. The intelligence and agility req is to restrict it to spell builds with at least a bit of agility. That way, other builds that aren't meant to go so fast can't abuse this item.

14. e!

e! ⁣e HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Week 5
    https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-550587846
    [​IMG]
    Liquid Light
    "It was discovered that certain liquids can purify and trap energy from the Light Realm, creating rainbow essence capable of improving one's healing abilities. Mages have designed a magical gauntlet that can can store and utilize its healing capabilities. Although they didn't consider the combined weight of all the liquid contained in it"

A secondary bracelet for mages/dark wizards which gives some health, mana, and increases the Heal's power, for the cost of defenses, damage, and ws.

15. highbread

highbread highbread HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    something the game doesn't have
    but doesn't deserve

alright, lets see what happens here

week 6
    name: Daybreak
    https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-943768713
    lore: As the sun rises and the first light of a new day appears, one could imagine the speed at which that light travels. A crazed man was intrigued by this idea and attempted to create a helmet to allow one to travel at that speed. Failing miserably, it instead amplifies the speed of the users attacks at the cost of their own life.

wow
    let's go over this
    as we all now, attack speed is an extremely wild id. with most melee builds attempting to stack as many tiers as possible, an item like this would be a godsend.
    however, it isn't all good. due to the nature of attack tier, an item like this would have high demand, requiring a high price as well resulting in damage to the economy. additionally, because it is +3 tier, it would lower the need to use other tier items, rendering them useless and most likely, lower their usage. as a result, variety in builds would be far lower as well.

while the individual balance of the item isn't too far off (i think), it would definitely upset the balance of many other items, and many other things outside of items.

Last edited: May 27, 2018
    Stag2001 likes this.
  16. Madsi6

Minecraft:
    Week 6 submission.
    Item: https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-901266756
    Name: Giant Bat's Fangs
    Lore: In the depths of corkus a giant bat was found, and defeated with the help of some brave warriors from wynn. From it dropped
    a giant fang, which was used as the head of this spear, and given to one of the warriors.

Description: There's really no good poison spears, and the best life steal spear is a rare, so i thought i'd combine both and use it as a spear.
    Featuring high poison, good life steal and high explosion, it has a huge drawback of low melee/spell damage %, along with negative defense, walk speed and attack speed, but if you combine this with cancer, you can make a great poison build and make it always hit super fast, which really isn't able to be done well for warriors, especially with the current spears out there, and the other weapons that can (grimtrap and gaia in this case) are mythics, so they're very rare, but they don't have many drawbacks which is why they're mythic, and archers have stinger which yes can't be a fast poison weapon due to it's incredible -69 to -129 attack speed and being super slow, but it packs quite the punch to make up for it.
    We need a good poison spear, but it's quite broken combined with cancer, which makes up for it's - attack speed, and kind of breaks the standard warrior meta, but with assassin/mage able to run it, and archer semi-well with black arrow or stinger, stinger for damage, black arrow for just poison, warrior was/is bound to have something that fits this category.
    Here's a build to show what i mean: https://wynndata.tk/s/cDdpWf (Yes i know accessories aren't optimal, i just hate having - health regen, i'm weird, and yes i know without powder the elemental defense for water/air sucks, but it was merely to show how op you can make a poison build, without using powders on the weapon, which could be dual water for that sweet lowered defense on the enemies, plus an earth or thunder for damage)

LionII likes this.
  17. e!

e! ⁣e HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Where are the week 4 or 5 results? Did I miss them or?

Anyway, my week 6 submission....

[​IMG]
    Sickle
    "This weapon. The weapon the world needs, but doesn't deserve. The supposed bane of Gavel, failed attempt at ilimination of greed, sealed away by the authorities, never to be found. And yet..."

https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-941120908

There are items with lots of exploding. There are items that have a lot of thorns, reflection, mana steal, and other stats. But there is no item with really high stealing, so this is more of something that the game deserves, but doesn't really need. It's also a decent for attack speed melee, although not the best. Also has some health regen, that works only if you use some health regen% items. Also also, reference to communism, cuz why the fuck not.

18. e!

e! ⁣e HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    rip this challenge

19. Robbee

Robbee Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Week 6 submission.
    Item: https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-243092023
    Name: Immortality
    Lore: Can this helmet really provide what it promises to offer? Something about it seems wrong... Should you put it on? It may be a risk, but it could pay out...
    Build: https://wynndata.tk/s/VrN1z4
    Explanation: We don't have a mythic helmet, right? So here is one, featuring cancerous defensive stats and large identification gaps (besides the fact that it is the only mythic helmet) to ruin prices even more! Now you can fit three (not counting Discoverer) mythics into a single build! Who needs skill if you have the money?

Madsi6 likes this.
  20. e!

e! ⁣e HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.