Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Is Fortnite A Good Game?

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by XxDiCaprioxX, Mar 31, 2018.

Tags:
?

Is Fortnite good?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    13.7%
  2. It is okay

41 vote(s)
    33.1%
  3. No

66 vote(s)
    53.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThomAnn100

ThomAnn100 I have reached peak intelligence VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Besides the fact the way you play is totally different, the tone of the game if very different, the required skills are different and players' playstiles are different, yeah I guess they're both battle Royale game.

And to know if a game is good, you'll have to define good, I think something is good if I like it, so if lots of people like it and play it, it must be found good by lots of people right?
    So in my opinion it's a good game.

2. Wynnooblet

Wynnooblet Slayer of Useless Threads VIP+

Minecraft:
    I like it because the autists of the Minecraft community are moving there

Stycore and Mistrise Mystic like this.
  3. Suhayb_10

Suhayb_10 Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    PUBG, PUBG, PUBG. You could say that PUBG is a rip off of H1z1, and H1z1 is a rip off of Warface br, and that is a rip off of the battle royale genre, which is a rip off of the battle royale movie, which is a rip off minecraft hunger games, which is a rip off the movie hunger games, which is a rip off some other battle royale.

Fortnite however, it's okay, but I think is very overrated and gets boring fast.

Dr Zed, CoolVictor2002 and AlexisPlay like this.
  4. J mun

J mun Snoisty VIP+

Minecraft:
    ayy lmao

5. AlexisPlay

AlexisPlay I'm that one guy who is a guy. VIP+

Minecraft:
    That's funny to see that it is always the newcomers on the forum that are the smartest (Maybe they are not corrupted by that part of the Wynncraft community that I always hated).
    (For the "Fortnite = copy of PUGB" point of view, Idc about the other point of views.)

6. Riuzake

Riuzake 9 month waiting room VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Looking at the time period of its popularity and its original game mode, yes, Fortnite BR is a ripoff of PUBG, which revived the battle royale game style. No other game (at least no other game that isn't a game in another) offers the same kind of mass competition of 100 or so players that PUBG has. Fortnite, prior to its battle royale mode, had been inspired by Minecraft and L4D, which is technically a ripoff. I'm not accusing it of being a ripoff in the purest sense, but I'm saying that it's a game mode inspired by the current fad by offering a free, child-friendly, and simplified version. Fortnite's mobile version was developed independent of PUBG's timeline, but had been taken from Rules of Survival, a PUBG ripoff that I will define as a strict ripoff in the purest sense.

7. ThomAnn100

ThomAnn100 I have reached peak intelligence VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wait so if you take inspiration from another game you're already a ripoff? And about the br game modes, is a game already a ripoff if it's the same genre? From what I've seen both games take a totally different approach to gameplay.

8. Craic

Craic Yeet

Minecraft:
    This post gave me a headache. Think before you type kids.

ThomAnn100 likes this.
  9. Stormarend

Stormarend The classes DO NOT correspond with the elements.

Minecraft:
    You know what also gives me a headache?

Reminiscent_ likes this.
  10. Craic

Craic Yeet

Minecraft:
    What I said was a logical approach to how popularity works. What he said was a jumbled mess of calling Fortnite a rip-off and jumping to conclusions about development timelines. I guess if one sentence stating a fact gives you a headache maybe you need to go get some help.

ThomAnn100 likes this.
  11. Stormarend

Minecraft:
    Edgy.

12. Shots

Shots Yellow Rose Enthusiast Media HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Eh depends on your perspective of it. My craptop can't even run fortnite so can't tell you from a gameplay standpoint. I've watched people play fortnite and it looks fun (and so does PUBG). However, I do hate the people who practically milk Fortnite dry by literally dance during class lol. I also hate people who get triggered if you tell them Fortnite is bad.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  13. Riuzake

Riuzake 9 month waiting room VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What I'm saying is that Fortnite wasn't a ripoff in its original conception, it's just that it hopped on the trend of battle royale types of games that PUBG reintroduced. My point with mobile games did jump to conclusions, but Rules of Survival was recently sued by PUBG for copyright infringement. I didn't clarify all too well, but I'm sure there's far worse and far longer posts that cause headaches.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  14. Tezzeret

Tezzeret You dare bring light to my lair? You must DIE! VIP

Minecraft:
    As for the game itself? I don't really care one way or the other. It's not a genre of games I enjoy playing, but I have no problem with people who do enjoy it.

I do, however, have many problems with the Fortnite players at my school who are playing during class, constantly talking about it while I'm trying to listen to the teacher, doing that dance thing randomly for no reason, etc.

ExertKarma likes this.
  15. Stormarend

Minecraft:
    I die on the inside when my friends describe how they got a Fortnite win. As if I want to hear how you shot a couple of people in a video game.

ExertKarma likes this.
  16. ExertKarma

ExertKarma Waiting for mythics to drop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    YUP. (Not to mention it slows down the already HORRENDOUSLY SLOW school wifi when people play fortnite on it. USE VPN PEOPLE!)
    YUP.

I feel like fortnite is one of those games where it's like: "You're not a decent person if you don't play this game." And it's as if people who enjoy the game are pressuring people who don't care about it, nor like the game to play it. Like, "This is the game everyone is playing now, if you don't play it then you're missing out." And people basically shove it in your face to play it. To my knowledge, I believe there are people out there playing Fortnite who don't really like the game yet are still playing it cause its "ThE gAmE oF 2O18!" (Ik im using quotation marks a lot but shoosh).

I tried it once cause my friends always told me to play fortnite and i did try it. It didn't seem terrible, but I just didn't really want to get into that kind of game. I played 1 game, 1 kill and quit. (As I mentioned earlier on this thread). And then never opened epic games since.

Fortnite, I think, is just gonna be basically how minecraft went. It's that game everyone had to play at some point, but sooner or later it gets old and the community changes. I'm not saying minecraft itself is a dead game because here we are on a minecraft server forums page. But, fortnite will sooner or later get old. Maybe not necessarily a "10 yr olds game" (which is basically what people classify minecraft as, despite it being much more than dedotaded wam), but it won't be as hyped about in the future.

I've mentioned minecraft here, and now I wanted to point some things out that came to mind. The only main reason I'm still playing minecarft rn is because of wynn. And that's because it is so different than the actual game that it doesn't feel totally like minecraft. Now I'm not saying that I don't like vanilla minecraft. Out of all the hours and years I've spent playing this game, it was on that good ol' survival mode building up an empire. But now, it seems that everyone and anyone that encounters you playing this game just thinks you're some little kid who never evolved into other games *COUGH COUGH FORTNITE COUGH COUGH*
    ^^This^^ mindset completely pisses me off. Why do I have to be thought of this kind of "little kid" when I'm playing a game I actually enjoy, loved for so many years, one of my favourite games I've ever played. Why should I be wrong to say or think that? But sadly, the community changed (as every game does), and it became more controlled by a younger audience. Nothing is wrong with that, except that it discourages older people to continue with this game. As I was discouraged to continue with the main game that we probably all originally bought the game for.

Anyways, I've gotten too off topic here. Didn't mean to turn this into a rant on minecraft, (especially on the other games secion lol), but hey, I felt the need to put it out there and so I did. Well that's my comparison between fortnite and minecraft. Let me know what you guys think. :D

17. Badraan

Badraan hi reader VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Imagine a shitty Pubg and boom. It's a shitty game.

18. Omega254

Omega254 Newbie Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Nah its trash

19. SlyamPoetry

SlyamPoetry dedicated pikotaro fan!!!!! CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    people who know me know that I despise fortnite.
    Why? because they base off "skill" and "bad" and what not with how friccin fast you can spam Q and left click. You might as well do minecraft PVP if you were to do that.
    PUBG in my opinion is better because it is a much more strategy based game rather than spam your building stuff until you're at build limit
    PUBG takes more patience, but that's all the more better.
    -larger map
    -longer match time
    -you gotta work on that aim, because most of your engagements are at long range, rather than just "pumping someone" in a house like you do in fortnite
    -no bs rocket launchers, just plain guns.
    -you use ur damb surroundings lol
    -also vehicles.
    now fortnite also excels at other aspects, but these are my favorite aspects of a battle royale game, which makes pubg the superior one in my opinion.

Not trying to drive you away from fortnite, but if you do get into it, I do want to drive you away from commitment.
    if you commit too hard you'll become a mindless fortnite zombie

20. Khaps

Khaps Ex-moderator and leader of the Mythic Emporium HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Usually when someone does that in private discord servers, I send them a whole file of memes about fortnite and posting wins, I can send it to you via PM if you want

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.