Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Community Event Themed Custom Item Challenge - Hiatus

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SilverMirror, Apr 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artemis Lance

Artemis Lance Reporting Kirov

Prolapse
    Literally just collapse but with a funnier name

2. Wynn: The Anime

Wynn: The Anime Does not like anime VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Week 2: Mythic V2
    -----------------
    Name: Laura

Lore: The soul-locking weapon, finally enraged by the misuse, lashed out at it's wielder. However, moments before snatching the hero's life, a nebulous energy surrounded the pair. While the fallen hero still remains trapped in the weapon, a soft glow emits from the maul, as if it is at rest.

Items: Alkatraz / Pure

Item: https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-183110200

Builds:
    https://wynndata.tk/s/YBA5wg (Balanced)
    https://wynndata.tk/s/XgtVvo (Glass)

Explanation:
    This spear's usage is to widen he possibility of alkatraz's damage range as well as give it a nice spell damage boost due to the lack of reliable earth spell spears right now outside of harwol which is only mediocre for spell and no it's intention.

All the damages%
    : Wanted to keep the essentials of alkatraz by locking most other elements except for earth (accompanied by a slight nerf to stop the damage from getting out of hand) but put a slight buff to the -water dam to help out the newly acquired base water damage
    Skill points: Nerfing the str points was necessary both to balance the weapon to stop the damage from getting out of hand. The high sp requirement on the weapon helps the purpose of the weapon come to fruition and is required for the above average damage putput
    Spell damage / Mana steal: Taking aspects from pure to make this a real spell weapon. As well as cutting the spell damage in half the mana steal was buffed a bit to encourage a more aggressive playstyle to hit mobs with mana steal and annihilate them with bashes
    Walk Speed / Melee damage: Walk speed buffed to incorporate the "purification" of the weapon and adding -melee damage% to share pure properties and encourage a spell playstyle

3. Jacquie

Jacquie Archer is bad change my mind HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Week 2.1

Item: Click me

Name: Sunstroke

Lore: This heated blade has been long known to inflict distress upon its user's health. While it contains the power of the sun itself, it is also similar to it in temperature. Holding it for too long may give the wielder burns, cause fainting, or even death. Staying well hydrated appears to be the only way to deal with these ill-effects, if only temporarily.

Build: Click me

Explanation:

This... Was an interesting challenge to say the least. I'm not sure how well this item will come off as, but I guess we'll see. This also took a huge amount of tweaking and slight adjusting to get here. I smooshed Inferno and Thrundacrack together to make this. This weapon combines Inferno's high fire damage, with Thrunda's affinity and synergy with spell/water builds.

Now, obviously, this isn't meant to be held at all times, which can be seen by the IDs. It's meant more to be an offhand weapon. If you hold it for too long it makes you a bit vulnerable. It does damage equal in value to the negatives, for what I believe. The negative fire damage is there to help prevent +fire damage % abuse, but it isn't placed so high that it's impossible to get around. It gives a nice melee boost, and even without any huge melee items, the weapon gets pretty good melee dps.

Now for the other IDs. The negative MR and Intel is to help prevent super spell spam when this thing gets such strong spells. Of course mana steal can still get around this, but I didn't feel right putting negative mana steal on this thing as well. So I opted for negative ls instead, to add a bit of risk to attempting to refill your mana. The -ls also works with the lore of the item (burns), as do the negative health regens (getting close to fainting/dying from the heat). The negative health regen and lifesteal can be very difficult to counter, unless you're willing to give up a lot of your dps. Lastly, the negative tier is just to prevent the weapon from getting super-crazy levels of melee dps without any additional melee boosts.

I'm not sure how well I did this week, and I'm sure there are areas where I could have done better. But I am currently happy with this result and I hope you'll like it too!

4. Dracsid

Dracsid Warrior Addict & Secretly an Artist HERO

Minecraft:
    Week 2.1

Name: Blasphemy
    Lore : Though a wand of history, used by an ancient-mage who was said to be born from the volcano's of molten heights itself, was known through the land for his spells of meteor to be literal meteors.
    Link : https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-527908140
    Build : https://wynndata.tk/s/E4Tsqm
    Explanation: I created this weapon from Apocolypse/Pure, the goal is to have incredibly powerful spells of fire, and some earth, while making sure that one cannot simply spell spam with it. So the ultimate playstyle of this weapon would be to do burst spell-damage and then use the melee for lifesteal, therefore giving one survivability and good damage at the cost of being able to spell spam and even cast cheap spells. I really find the raw power and lifesteal of Apoc and the Spell Dmg % amazing together as a weapon.

5. Blizzardgale

Blizzardgale Famous Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Week 2.1
    Component mythics: Warp and Lament
    Component features: Walk Speed + Negative Mana Regeneration (Warp), Mana Steal (Lament)

Link: https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-570758334
    Build: https://wynndata.tk/s/GaIyos

Name: Arashi (Storm in Japanese)

Lore: Echoes of sailors who drowned at sea emanate from the howling storms of Arashi. Never relenting, these souls form a dagger made entirely out of turbulent tempests.

Explanation: Whew, this was quite a challenge to conceptualize and balance! I've always enjoyed utilizing weathered and spring as I find air and water elements to work together cohesively. The combination of agility and rapid evasion through movement spells serves as my favorite archetype to build within Wynncraft. Thus, I thought of bringing the two elements together for a dual element play-style.

A primary aspect of air builds involve walk speed, and Arashi holds the highest walk speed of any dagger. Such bonuses don't come for free however, and I took extensive care into balancing the item. The large health reduction and defense drop serve to emphasize the fragility of the build; one must actively strafe around enemies and dodge attacks. When adjusting these negatives, I viewed Stratiformis' -2857 health reduction for 99% max speed and Archangel's complete lack of punishment for 53% max speed. I ultimately gave a reduction of -2200 health and -30 defense for Arashi's 74% max speed. This reduction also serves to balance the fact that there are two potent identifications within the build -- mana steal and walk speed.

Moving onto the water element of the build, I attempted to create the "interesting" aspect of the mythic. Truthfully, mana steal is widely underused among the player base. Mana regeneration simply allows for greater tactical advantage in all scenarios and an abundance of items with the identification exist. Thus, I drew from Warp the aspect of speed and punishment of mana regeneration. I then added Lament's mana steal which effectively counters the loss of mana regeneration. This combination forces the user to adopt an unusual style with a water-air build: melee spell. In effect, they will need to maintain constant proximity to the enemy in order to chain spells at the exact moment when mana steal kicks in. Mana will continually decrease, requiring rapid decisions on subsequent spells and an element of timing before the next four seconds of -mr.

WIP
    -Downplayed importance of both traits of the mythic. A dual mythic should not fully hold both defining traits of each mythic, as that would become overpowered.

-Damage Balancing (Appropriate damage evident when compared to weathered and nirvana)

-Powders Customization (4 powders for individuals to hold greater customization in deciding what element their mythic should lean towards. Normal speed and mana steal also encourage powder specials due to a higher accuracy in hitting the enemy and incentive for melee)

Didn't get to finish explaining :/ But hopefully these quick notes will suffice.

Last edited: May 6, 2018
  6. NubPotato

NubPotato broke af HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Week 2 Submission: Mythics
    Item: https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-971130200
    Name: Onsen
    Lore: The hot rock on the end of this blade needs to be frequently submerged in water to heat it back up. The way the blade does this is odd phenomena, yet it is theorized to be a result of small reactions in the rock.
    Build: https://wynndata.tk/s/EvCIje
    Use: You can't do any damage, but you can quickly regen health and mana. It's similar to guardian and lament.

7. Robbee

Robbee Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Week 2.1 submission:
    Link: https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-594550934
    Name: Cocytus
    Lore: This dreadful weapon nourishes itself with the wailing of every life-form it comes into contact, be it its wielder or his foes. It inflicts a measureless torment and terror on its victims.
    Build: https://wynndata.tk/s/IaWF9r
    Component mythics: Nirvana (Spell damage, -Melee damage, -Health) + Grimtrap (Life Steal, Poison, -Mana Steal)

The IDs of this weapon are supposed to give the user different options to weigh up a melee against a spell playstyle, with both having their own advantages and disadvantages. While the hig spell damage% encourages a spell-build, it suffers from the negative health regen, which has to be countered by either positive health regen or a hybrid build, using the life steal to get health back while also poisoning the enemies. But by doing so, additional -mana steal gets added to the negative mana regen and the melee damage itself isn't that high. Or the player goes for a full melee weapon with attack speed stacking to ignore the negative mana, although he has to be careful with getting additional -melee damage% from items like Breezehands or Physalis, as it will have a larger impact because the melee damage% is already negative.
    The example build shows a hybrid approach which counters the negative mana and mana steal and uses -attack speed to get better stealing chances.

8. mistyfront

mistyfront incapable of playing the piano

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    week 3(?)
    https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-807448864
    "Defined"
    lore: no lore since its rare lul

purpose: i can see it being used in low/no-int spell builds a la brainwash (like a replacement for sodetas but with 2x the health).

explanation: it's meant to be a counterpart to Undefined.

lmk if its wack or not

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  9. highbread

highbread highbread HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    if you're wondering why i prefer to always make legendaries it's because they're more fun to make and i can write lore for them

Week 3 Submission:
    https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-326833318
    Name: Conglomeration
    Lore: Whoever made this seemed to had just thrown various materials and shaped them into whatever this is. However, the contrasting effects of the materials used seems to augment other various abilities. Taking the power of the user, it allows them to steal energy from other sources only for that energy to be collected inside this amalgam, repeating the cycle once more.

basically just a starter kit for a hybrid build

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  10. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Name: Subterfuge

Item: https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-468127918

Lore: This chestpiece was forged to turn the user into a sort of bait; unable to move or fight back while others are free to do anything they wish. However, should they choose to make this mistake, it punishes the wrongdoer 3 fold.

Explanation:
    Its a cactus chestplate,
    Its low element defense will make both the user and the enemies do more damage.
    The hp is high to keep someone alive despite the high amount of damage being taken.
    The poison is there for more damage.
    The soulpoint regen allows you to recover from dying faster.
    The - ws, spell damage, and melee damage, are to keep the user slow, and less able to fight back.

11. General Skien

General Skien is the best character in Wynncraft. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Week 3:

NAME: Plunder

LORE: Built from Rymek gold and steel, it marks the towns only noticeable creation. It gives the wearer the ability to steal everything from strength to silver.

NOTES:
    Will do these later..

INFO: This item is made similarly to Cancer, but instead of poisoning the enemy it takes everything they have. The huge mana steal gives an advantage in PvP which will cripple the enemy by taking their mana supply, and in both PvP and PvE it gives all the mana you need. The stealing helps to fit the theme of theft and also gives it something unique that isn’t often used in items. But finally the huge lifesteal helps cope with the near crippling health reduction that is on this item. It has no skill point requirements so it is easy to use, but it The minus strength and damages keeps some builds from using it (that would be too overpowered).

I will likely edit this as I’m working on a phone.

12. Dinner

Dinner Austic VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Week 2 Sub (sorry for hella late I forgot)

Name: Ichor

Component Mythics: Grandmother (-HPR/-WS) + Lament (Mana Steal/INT Boost)

Link: https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-360475067

Lore:
    The tip of this spear, driven directly into the heart of a once powerful mountain god, now gushes with its golden blood. Whilst held, the holder’s veins surge with the power of the mountains, threatening to crush them as they are filled with the god’s resolute power.

Notes: With the high -HPR and Mana Steal, this weapon should only be used in the midst of combat (-HPR can't proc if hit). Possibly the best spell DPS warrior weapon in the game due to the combination of warriors plethra of damaging abilities, combined with an INT boost and mana steal allows for unending chains of abilities as long as the user keeps basic attacking and quaking.

Both quake and curse are viable for this build; curse offers it's damage amp at the cost of lower damage, while quake offers AOE mana sustain and tidbits of additional damage.

With it's wanton power comes dangerous drawbacks; the weapon has no innate lifesteal sustain and slows the users walkspeed, encouraging continuous combat to refresh mana for charge, and to spellspam as hard as possible to prevent death by swarming.

Around the same damage as idol, if not a little higher.

13. e!

e! ⁣e HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-971056198
    [​IMG]
    Antimatter
    "This complexly designed mechanical plate radiates unknown force which dissipates any magical energy around the user. The runes and messages carved into it suggest that after achieving creation of this armor piece, the creator found a way to escape the natural world entirely."

Explanation:
    I tried to go a little further than "no elemental requirements" with this chestplate. It doesn't just have no requirements, but also encourages usage of items with no elemental requirements or of very little of single element. Its IDs are a massive bonus to dealing neutral damage, which completely ignores the enemy's elemental defenses. In return though, it's hard to have a lot of elemental defenses with no access to rainbow stuff. Since the chestplate isn't any particular element (unless you consider neutral an element), building with it requires you to think outside the regular building meta, and builds with it can end up having various items that wouldn't be used together normally. There is also a slight reference to Blade of Purity's playstyle and lore.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  14. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    Week Three! Here we go.
    Name- Agony
    Lore- The inside of this helmet is lined with spikes that inject pure magical energy into the wearer's bloodstream. Although it is extremely painful to wear, it augments attacks far more efficiently than any comfortable headpiece yet created.
    Item: https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-521144707
    With the lack of any requirements, I wanted to make a versatile item that could be used with any elemental build. It is designed to have extreme defensive downsides and extreme offensive upsides. The raw melee and spell, along with the very good mana steal and attack speed make this extremely good offensively for both spell and melee, but its negatives are some of the worst in the game with more negative defences than Warchief and a lot of negative health and life steal.

15. Madsi6

Madsi6 The Derpy Man Of Derpness CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Week 3 Submission:
    Item: https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-282151750
    Name: Sky Castle's Gem.
    Lore: During an expedition to the Sky Castle near ahmsord, a team of excavators managed to locate this helmet near the dead body of a young priest, with a note beside him reading "To the gods a helmet of the pure was created, but the devil's hands joined in"
    Description: This weeks challenge was pretty interesting, causing you to think balance, but at the same time you have to remember that anybody can wear the armor no matter what as long as they're a high enough level, which is why you have to balance it in whatever ways you can.
    The helmet is more aimed towards water/earth users, with a mix of mana regen, life steal and some xp bonus, but at the cost of some walk speed, attack speed and soul point regen, along with bad elemental defense towards thunder/air. But where the helmet really shines is it's medium to high thorns and reflection, allowing the user to deal passive damage to compensate for the low elemental defenses gained, and with only 2 powder slots you're always guarranteed to have negative elemental defense from the helmet alone, which may be disruptive towards more balanced builds, but also forcing the user to sacrifise an armor or accessory slot to try and compensate for the lost stats. The helmet's stats allows the helmet to work as more of a passive helmet compared to other pieces that may force the user to battle to get health or mana, but at the same time the life steal means the user can also choose to attack and inflict good water/earth damage while gaining some life back with the life steal. The piece is difficult to fit well into more standard builds for mages (who likes the mana regen) but not impossible to fit in anyway, archer/assassin can use it too, but with the walk speed they may need to compensate with something else, and for warrior who normally relies on huge damage there's other armor pieces out there that allows for more damage. But for all classes it can work and be benefitial depending on their play style, without needing to sacrifice skill points to be able to wear it.
    The rare rarity means that it's alot more common than legendary/mythic pieces, and may act as a great middle-tier before you're able to obtain the gear you may want, and also allows for good id's to be more common than say legendary items because there will be more of them due to their rarity compared to a legendary item.

Keep up the good work with these challenges, they're great.

16. Robbee

Robbee Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Week 3 submission:
    Link: https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-942844922
    Name: Black Hole
    Lore: After many unsuccessful attempts at combining all known elements in order to perceive the fundamental force holding the universe together, scientists unwantedly created a chestplate absorbing all aspects of nature into a single sheer power.
    Build: https://wynndata.tk/s/xEBRHP

I always wanted to see some items for full normal builds, so I made a chestplate that provides a huge damage boost while blocking all elemental damage, even from spells. The IDs should be self-explaining, -defs and -sp to provide an additional downside to balance out that "normal weapons" like the hive or wybel weapons don't require skill points and to prevent rainbow-slap, while the damage IDs allow a neutral playstyle. So although it has no requirements, the player should try to focus on a few elements which makes making builds more difficult.
    The example build provides a good offense with 11,5k unblockable uppercuts, but on the other hand it is quite fragile with only 9,4k health and no way to invest into defense. Also, you can't use secondary weapons to exploit weaknesses.
    If there would be other neutral items in the game this one could be quite overpowered and should be nerfed, but at the moment there are no such items.

17. Corn Flake

Corn Flake A singular HERO

Minecraft:
    Week 3 Submission:

Rage:

"A simple phrase to mock and belittle can turn into a giant inferno many times greater than the spark that started it all. Lost in its fiery wake, all meaning and safety melts away from inside the user's brain. Only the passage of time can erode this violent feeling into submission."

Link: https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-928035842 (V2: Changed defenses, removed powder special ability)

Build: https://wynndata.tk/s/zDBCcw (What Im using to fine tune and balance item off of)

Explanation: Originally designed to be a fire/earth chestplate (for another event), I tweaked the stats around a little to fit the lack of requirements being a requirement... Anyway the purpose is clear; to provide an explosive and fast style of play, centered more around melee than spells. Stats surround offensive firepower, but lacks in support ids.

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  18. DragonEngineer

DragonEngineer Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Week 3 submission:

Black Belt: https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-638134212

Lore: The Black Belt that was worn by ancient Ninjas will provide the wearer the benefit of enhanced melee combatant and agility when fighting attacks, but it is made of a fabric that is highly flammable.

Explanation: Black Belt are worn by Taekwondo people, the closest group of people to those who practices Taekwondo are Ninjas and Assassins, hence this belt is restricted to assassin class. Being good at Taekwondo means the person is probably very agile, strong and dexterous, as well as being good in martial arts, such as kicks and punches. Punches and kicks relat to melee and earth damages. Being good at martial arts also allow them to behave like monks, with the ability to bend air, hence the buffs to air damage. Wearing the Black Belt gives them the ability to be more agile and hence able to walk faster and dodge more attacks, as well as giving them the strengths and dexterity to fight in battles. As Taekwondo people train their martial arts, they gain experience to become a better person, hence there will be bonus XP for killing mobs and risking yourself to be near the mobs. However because Black Belt is made of cloth/fabric, it is flammable and hence the -fire defence. Also Taekwondo people usually fight in melee combats, they will not be as skilled when comes to handling spells, hence hampering the player's spell damage and water damage.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    Nyam likes this.
  19. Jacquie

Jacquie Archer is bad change my mind HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Week 3:

Name: Deep-Sea Aegis
    Item: Click me
    Lore: (None it's rare)

Build: Click me

Explanation:

If you spent half a second looking at this item, you'd probably notice it looks familiar, at least slightly. I took inspiration from Chestplate of Ineptitude and created a similar item but with a different twist. Instead of a melee boost chestplate, it is a spell boost chestplate with large melee debuffs. I've always wanted to see an item like this ingame just to see how people may use it. Now onto the stats.

The chestplate isn't supposed to have any sp requirements, so the only requirement on it is level. Level 93 seemed like a fair point, especially since this item is supposed to be CoI's opposite. The chestplate also has rather low hp, because in my mind, I imagine that if you're using a large amount of spells, you probably aren't getting in too close to the enemy and risking getting hit. Therefore, too much hp would make this item more powerful than it already is. I also gave it negative thunder defense since it's a water oriented chestplate as well. The melee debuffs are rather large, including the -tier, but since -tier doesn't effect the spell multiplier anymore this shouldn't be an issue. (Those were interesting times for builds... *cough* Alka *cough*) Lastly the chestplate differs from CoI in three extra ways. It gives a very small boost to the user's intelligence stat, as well as a tiny boost to their water damage. These are here to try and get players to aim for a water themed build, though that would likely be what they're using this item for anyhow. This is just more of an incentive to do so. Then, the powder slots. This item doesn't have any powder slots to its name. This is in an attempt to try and help force people to decide using the water powder special on armour, or fixing their elemental defenses on the rest of their armour pieces.

Lastly, let's look at the build I attached. I can't guarantee that this item would be as popular as CoI is, nor as widely used. But I can prove with this build that the item has good synergy with other spell items such as Whitecap Crown and Gaea Hewn Boots. Using Tidebinder in addition to the items I just listed as well as the item I came up with, your melee dps is a measly 980. Pretty pathetic for melee, right? But that's not the focus of this build. You can actually reach a decent amount of damage from spells. The thunder defense isn't great but it is at a point that it can be powdered away if the player so chooses.

And I believe that sums up the majority of my submission for this week, let me know what you think of it!

Looking forward to next week's challenge!

Trash and Bliss like this.
  20. LionII

LionII :D HERO

Minecraft:
    Something I felt like making
    Week 3 Submission:
    Link: https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-502649498
    Name:
    ROMPA
    Lore: During the age of the corruption, when the roots were growing, a mage, under the name of LionII broke a piece of the corruption and infused a unicorn's soul with it. LionII soon came to realize its power, so she hid it away inside of the corruption.
    Explanation: The Rompa is meant to utilize multiple spell damages and penetrating defenses slowly and taking damage, and having others to help. The Rompa is a support wand.

Last edited: May 9, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.