Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Community Event Themed Custom Item Challenge - Hiatus

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SilverMirror, Apr 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khoa001

Khoa001 Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Well, at least it is unique ¯\_(ツ)_/ also am I allowed to edit or do a resubmission?

RJJguyTheCarrot likes this.
  2. RJJguyTheCarrot

RJJguyTheCarrot Carrut

Week 1 submission: Wind Prison
    Item: https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-916896292
    Name: Curupira
    Lore: ur mum ma gay
    Actual Lore: From the infinite depths of the void, This fractal staff has been tortured yet embellished by wind, forever devastating it's aqueous features, being replaced by the sheer unforgiving power of the winds below.

I know it's a lunar spine, but it does work with wind prison. melee incentive with mana steal, -melee% because I really tried preventing the chance of people wanting to tier abuse this item with centipede, removing the point of the item completely, giving high air damage and a bit of -water% to discourage curse, but not too much -water% to kill heals -intel does make this a very painful item to use, but 15k meteors isnt something to mess around with. Wind prison helps gurantee the hits, seeing the sheer power of them and amplifies the damage. it also gives you a chance to recover and heal as this weapon is meant for more burst damage more than anything, jumping in and out is amazing. also it isnt poison, I wanted to be original. The initial reaction from seeing this item is "ew -int that's gay lol" but if you actually open yourself to new playstyles, this could delightfully surprise you.

>.< I was tired when I made this but now im too busy to mess with it, ima lose rip
    Negative Mana Steal
    force melee
    negative...
    mana steal...
    so people melee more...

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    SilverMirror likes this.
  3. SilverMirror

SilverMirror Retired IM HERO

Minecraft:
    To make good items also means bending the game at will, that means you have to familiarise yourself with the slightest details of game mechanics that others might miss. Knowing the answer to that is one of those details.
    basically you can edit as many times as you want before deadline

RJJguyTheCarrot and Khoa001 like this.
  4. mantidmania

mantidmania Skilled Adventurer

5. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    you can edit your item, and post updated link

6. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    Behold, my Abomination:
    Week 1 submission: Wind Prison
    Item: https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-843533878
    Name: Ramshackle
    Lore: this sling, made of a ram's horns, is in such a state of disrepair that it can no longer fire effectively. Despite this, powerful magic seems to leak from every fracture.

Playstyle: the basic premise of the bow is that bomb arrow and arrow storm are both drastically less effective due to the massive -earth, thunder, and fire damages, while the -intelligence makes curse less effective for consistent damage. As such, the best option for damage is to use Arrow Shield in conjunction with wind prison to deal extremely high burst damage. The + health, defense and agility are there to make sure you can fight close quarters, the mana steal is there so that you can regen mana while you recharge wind prison. The name and lore are there because pun, and it makes sense given how disingenuous the bow is
    3. -Mana steal is more likely to just encourage people to not use melee builds with item rather than going full melee

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
    LarzLapiz, SilverMirror and Plymouth like this.
  7. RJJguyTheCarrot

RJJguyTheCarrot Carrut

I see what you were going for, but the health just makes it way too unbalanced
    Its tier abuse makes it have better melee dps than Alkatraz and the -int just encourages people to tier abuse anyways

8. Plymouth

Plymouth Why do you read this CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    stop

9. RJJguyTheCarrot

RJJguyTheCarrot Carrut

Mantidmania must win

10. RJJguyTheCarrot

RJJguyTheCarrot Carrut

more people submit

11. Nyam

Nyam egg QA HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I tried

[​IMG]
    https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-230834966

"Though small in size, this blade draws in energy from its surroundings to distort space itself. By draining their life force, it amplifies the movements of every living thing it comes into contact with."

I decided to go for a voidish earth/air weapon
    I went for a dagger since there isn't really an endgame melee earth/air dagger
    I made it endgamish even though there were already a lot of legendary daggers around the level so hopefully players have more access to higher-tiered powders when they find it/are able to use it
    Nona exists but it's more spell/hybrid rather than pure melee
    Base damage is kinda low but a decent chunk of it is neutral and it has 3 powder slots so you can and kinda have to convert all or at least most of that to air damage to be able to use it and output actually decent DPS
    Neutral damage is a lot more varied than earth since earth is usually at least mostly consistent and it's kinda assumed that you're going to want to convert the neutral to air which is usually more varied
    The combination of negative health regen and life steal alongside lowish base damage made usable by melee% kinda force you to go melee with it
    I went with lower base damage rather than just going with -spell%/raw because I didn't really feel like it fit and I didn't want to overcrowd the IDs part too much
    Negative mana regen makes it annoying to use with spell builds, negative mana steal makes it inconvenient for hybrid builds
    The -health regen/life steal and -mana stats + the fact that you can't sprint if you use it too much all tie in with the whole being exhausting to touch and drains the energy of stuff thing
    The concept is kinda meant to be that you set up Wind Prison, cast it and then are able to chase after your victim to finish them off
    Wind Prison is usually a bit of a burden for melee since it usually ends up actually lowering your DPS since you have to chase down the thing you're trying to kill if they tanked it
    With a decent amount of +walk% that should be less of an issue + it lets you have more control over your opponent's movement so you can avoid getting cornered by a boss, trap something in a corner or launch someone you don't like into lava in the nether without sacrificing your DPS too much in the process
    The +walk% also fits in with the name + lore pretty well
    -HP is there to give it another downside since the combination of 39% melee and 52% air probably brought it over baseline and it just felt like it made sense on the item
    Thunder def%, -water dam% and -fire dam% are mainly flavour IDs but I guess the last two also discourage Curse/Courage a bit more just in case +52% air dam wasn't enough to motivate someone

SilverMirror likes this.
  12. Plymouth

Plymouth Why do you read this CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    this makes me think of people putting water on their gaia
    also your putting people off of melee even though It has melee

13. Stag2001

Stag2001 360 mlg hipster cat CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Behold, my mediocre item naming skill!

Name: Silence before the Storm
    Link: https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-101835656
    Here's a build I made for it: https://wynndata.tk/s/R4zHAN
    Here's a version of that build with edited values to show how much damage it would do with Wind Prison activated: https://wynndata.tk/s/2P7kI9

I went with a bow because I think an archer would profit most from the massive knockback Wind Prison provides, which is pretty much the only thing that makes it stand out. I went with -earth and -thunder damage to make sure players wouldn't go with quake or chain lightning. Since that would convert most of your neutral damage to earth or thunder, you'd receive a massive loss in damage. I added air damage to further push the player towards using Wind Prison. Mana steal is there as an added bonus to using melee (which charges wind prison). I added -tier to balance it out, since tier stacking something with this much damage would be pretty broken. Agility is there as a nice boost to your survivability, same for air and water defense.

EDIT: I haven't looked much at any of the other items posted here, I hope it's not too similar to others.

I hope this is somewhat balanced lol

SilverMirror likes this.
  14. xct

xct Perseverance CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    https://wynndata.tk/s/s1fbud <---- Build!
    https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-828113031 <---- Weapon!
    Weapon Name - Leviair
    Lore: Many have heard of the legend where Siegfried slew the dragon at Ahmsord, but in reality the dragon flew into the void to escape the hero's relentless attacks. A few moments later, a new island levitated from the void, shaped like a dragon's carcass. This weapon was the only proof that the dragon existed, and so it inherited it's name.
    (please don't use this lore it's terrible imo)
    Weapon explanation: I wanted to incorporate some true mlg noscope stuff, so the idea behind the weapon is to use Wind Prison to levitate close -up mobs, then snipe them with an attack so they get launched back and gets exploded (from the Exploding ID.) I felt that Az (the current bow mythic which isnt endgame) isn't good anymore due to constant nerfs, and I felt legit sad when I bought it and realised it were crap.
    So yeah, decided to make this because Archer/Hunter is lacking a "good" mythic earlier in the game.
    Build Explanation: Tried to go with a build at the lowest level this weapon can be used, so it's not very optimised. (I'm terrible at builds). However, the aim was to get as much sp into Agility so it can buff up your air damage and increase survivability. Other skill you want to level up is int because it's int.
    Name explanation:
    it's some cool thing.
    no actually "levi" is for levitation (wind prison) and "air" because it's air. need I say more?

SilverMirror likes this.
  15. victorpotato2

victorpotato2 Broke af HERO

Minecraft:
    https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-620471891
    Name: Blazesteam
    Lore: im bad at making lore
    Explanation: warrior in my opinion lacks a spear with super fast attack speed.
    Phoenix Wing is the only high level fire-air weapon and is very weak(firestorm bellows is too low lvl to be good). Thats why i wanted to add a good fire-air weapon.
    Example build: https://wynndata.tk/s/x4yq6p

SilverMirror likes this.
  16. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Last min entry for week 1.

Link: https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-257346936
    (This is a more balanced version of what I made originally
    This is not the one that was used when judging, however, I figured I would put it here anyway)
    Name: Sling

Lore: None

Explanation:

its a melee dagger, but you use the item in-between when the prison was cast to regen hp that you lost from life steal
    the walk speed allows you to get back up close to the enemy after
    sling them across the room, regen, run up and melee,
    lose hp, so you sling them to regen again
    repeat.

The - mana steal is to keep people from going into vanish to regen, instead of actually using wind prison.

The poison allows you to do damage while your regening,
    so you aren't left entirely out of combat.

The high attack speed is to give it low knockback,
    Therefore wind prison is the only way to get the mob away from you.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    SilverMirror likes this.
  17. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    do they have to be same class?

18. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    damnit my strategy

19. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ok, I got the very last post in last weeks, time to get the first one this week.

Silver told me to post this even though I did it for something else (Kinda feel guilty about it)

Name: Amass

Item: https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-164519030

Lore:

Over time energy builds within this weapon, heightening the physical state of the user. This is released all at once, causing an explosive amount of power, severely weakening the user... but bless the soul on the other end.

Explanation:

Its meant to be a risky player style, working well with knucklebones for example.
    basically, you run in, do tons of damage, and then run back out.
    regen, go back into the mist of combat
    playing peekaboo, risking your life every time you finish an attack

Since he made it to were in combining mythics (even though I'm not)
    Let's just say this has the hp regen of guardian, and the raw spell of idol.
    and everything else is from knuckle bones.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    Stag2001 and SilverMirror like this.
  20. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Not sure if I understood this week's but here:
    Name: Implode
    Lore: When held, the user feels a strange urge to destroy everything, at costs to themselves.
    Link: https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-147346081
    Reason: I mean I literally just combined the bases and damages of Collapse and Nullification

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.