Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Community Event Themed Custom Item Challenge - Hiatus

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SilverMirror, Apr 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilverMirror

SilverMirror Retired IM HERO

Minecraft:
    Edit item feature is finally here! You can now create new custom items starting from another item in wynndata, meaning you can revamp and update your old item submissions much easier!

Also please let me know if you guys are interested in making this two challenges per week coz I hv loads of ideas

Nyam, xSuper_Jx, Trash and 7 others like this.
  2. Electrolysis

Electrolysis person VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes

3. At World's End

At World's End Infamous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    In other words... The IT have run out of ideas? Or are asking the community so they don't receive loads of hate when they nerf a new item?

Regardless... Sounds fun!

4. Dinner

Dinner Austic VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes

5. Stag2001

Stag2001 360 mlg hipster cat CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    do it

6. bloww

bloww Shoutbox Fancam Account HERO

Minecraft:
    or maybe its just for fun? you know, the reason why people play this game

Pokextreme likes this.
  7. Jacquie

Jacquie Archer is bad change my mind HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yes please! This is really fun so far and I'd love to make more themed items. It really makes me think and I love that.

8. At World's End

At World's End Infamous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    just looking for responses.

9. Plymouth

Plymouth Why do you read this CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Please do 2 a week, this is fun!

10. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    Week 1 Submission: Wind Prison
    Link: https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-229773522
    Example build: https://wynndata.tk/s/zjm3v6
    Name: Canyon's Tempest
    Lore: Forged from dust riding the mysterious southern winds of the Mesa, this spear fills the user with a manic, otherwordly fury.

This air/earth/thunder spear is intended to used in an offensive poison type build that utilises Wind Prison to trap enemies and keep a distance while the poison takes effect. Aside from that it basically forces a fast melee approach. The slow attack speed with the +tier means that Wind Prison can be used very frequently and makes the life steal more useful. Several other IDs are there to reduce the effectiveness of spells. Walk speed is there because there aren't enough spears with that as it is, and to help chase down knocked back enemies. The -health discourages tank builds and makes Wind Prison more useful, while the additional air damage encourages the use of Wind Prison over another powder ability. It compliments Cancer quite well.
    In terms of lore, I tried to link it to Dern. Given that the Mesa is right next to the 'Coming Soon' area, there would probably be some effects, and all of the places by the southern wall and most of those on the top of the Mesa are abandoned. Dust storms from Dern might be an interesting and mysterious reason why.

11. Stormarend

Stormarend The classes DO NOT correspond with the elements.

Minecraft:
    Unlike spell damage those scale with tier attack speed, so the life steal will activate just as frequently as with super fast attack speed and so will wind prison.

12. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    Quick question: does wind prison's damage boost affect raw spell or melee damage?

13. valvoid

valvoid Build/CMD Hybrid HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Week 1 Submission: Wind Prison
    Item: https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-384793790
    Name: Plasmaxima (I made it mythic but really tier is irrelevant)
    Lore: This bow seems incarcerated by its own power of the wind...
    (haha haha get it? yeah no ok kthxbai)

When creating this bow I wanted to create something interesting, something new to the game. I also wanted to add some risk to the bow, so I gave it -health regen and -1000 defense but also +life steal so that if you use this bow's intended purpose you should be fine. I also gave it some +agility and +walk speed, as most air weapons do, to help the player not get hit.
    Now onto the attacking portion of the bow: While on its own, this bow seems useless, despite its first impression (9999-9999 air damage), if you look below you will see the massive -air damage% nerfs. It is intended to be centered around melee. Because this -air damage% is practically impossible to counter, with a practically max air damage build it can do up to around 8k dps. This sounds like a lot for an air weapon, but you wont be reaching NEARLY that kind of dps with a reasonable build or with not maxed stats. The -1000 dexterity is simply there to keep the damage controlled and make sure nothing gets too crazy (with this kind of raw damage, you know). The -1000 strength is there because the damage buffs could take the damage out of control.
    Now for the wind prison part. This bow was built around taking advantage of the 180% air damage in wind prison. Wind prison basically is the greatest damage output for this bow, doing up to around ~20k with a max air damage build.
    Finally, for the intended use. I built this bow to be used to constantly converting some melee dps into massive wind prisons. The key is to continuously manipulate your life steal and dish out high damage wind prisons. While utilizing your walk speed and your agility, you should be hard to hit. However, with the -health regen and -defense, it is going to require some skill to pull this bow off. If you are going to take a hit, it is going to be a heavy blow as an archer with 0 defense. To win battles you need to know what you are doing with your walk speed and agility but also use your life steal and wind prisons to stay alive and defeat your enemies.

Hopefully I will be able to submit some more of these in the future :). I have put a ton of work into this submission (testing through builds, checking out different lineups, etc.). I have loads of ideas for unique armor pieces and weapons that I think would help enhance the wynncraft end game.
    Thanks so much for reading guys! I really love this contest and look forward to more challenges.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    SilverMirror and e! like this.
  14. e!

e! ⁣e HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It a nice concept, but....

https://wynndata.tk/s/6QH8Tm

ouch owie
    With a glass build you can get up to 240k bomb from Wind Prison boost. Without it it's about 45k bombs and 45k melee DPS

15. valvoid

valvoid Build/CMD Hybrid HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I need to add -spell thx for that :)
    forgot u can spell under wind prison

16. Khoa001

Khoa001 Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Week 1 submission: Wind Prison
    Item: https://wynndata.tk/ci/Custom-386236599
    Name: Adrenaline
    This knife isn't a great primary weapon for most builds largely due to the health bonus and negative health regen however when low on health pulling this knife out can be a savior being able to restore your health with its life steal to only a certain point due to the negative health bonus. This item really is for those agility based builds who live on the edge trying to dodge everything and having no real effective way of restoring their health. This dagger will allow assassins to hang on just barely at the priced of a reduced health pool. In pve it is balanced because it constantly needs a source to drain life from. In Pvp it can be used as a last resort when on low health as a final offensive to sneak to the enemy and shred their health with its high melee damage.

SilverMirror likes this.
  17. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    holy shit and that damage isn't broken at all
    not to mention to godly life steal
    https://wynndata.tk/s/p5rdCj
    8 thousand life steal
    is literally enough
    to do anything

18. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    Alternatively, Heroism+Hetusol+Hephaestus Greaves+Statue for some free COMPLETE IMMORTALITY.

19. Khoa001

Khoa001 Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I probably should make the requirements much higher so if players are using it they are using it when at least half their health is down.

20. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    or ya know, just not make it so overpowered

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.