Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Im Team Applications + Item Rebalance Changelog

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Selvut283, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DragonEngineer

DragonEngineer Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Thanks for the suggestions

Also any good replacement for Morph Stardust for fire tank build as well?

2. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    No

3. highbread

highbread highbread HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    whats the logic behind brainwash nerf?
    if it sounds like im complaining, im not. i just want to see what your guys thoughts were about it, as mine may have been a little biased.

4. mistyfront

mistyfront incapable of playing the piano

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    basically it was being used for the opposite of its intended use
    no idea what the intended use is tho

5. highbread

highbread highbread HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    0 intel burst damage apparently

NicBOMB and mistyfront like this.
  6. AurumKitsune

AurumKitsune Queen of Phoenixes VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    When most builds are using the same items then yes that is a case that something has to be done because the meta is too overcentralized. but there have been many items that weren't overcentralized that got nerfed. And another thing is the way items are changed sometimes is just bad, when you are nerfing or buffing something you are supposed to keep the same feel of the item not change it completely *cough* lunar spine *cough* at that point you aren't nerfing or buffing it you are just making a new item. And yes there have been buffs to items and the nerfs do get pointed out more in fact if you actually read my post, you'd find that I said that this is due to loss aversion (again this means something you lose hurts 2x more than something gained). And lastly, I never requested items to be buffed to a certain level I just brought up problems with some things you are doing with the items.

CountBurn likes this.
  7. Heyword

Heyword I dont want to die twice ;-; HERO

Minecraft:
    How about we cannot use double hive armor nor double hive accessories.
    But we can use 1 hive armor and 1 hive accessory? I think that would affect fewer builds, limits hive abuse problems while receiving fewer hate comments/disagreements.

Woraxe, Trash and Khaps like this.
  8. Khaps

Khaps Ex-moderator and leader of the Mythic Emporium HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'd definitevely prefer that lol

9. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    Even in this case we would have to nerf all of the hive items. They are designed 1 per class. Allowing more breaks their purpose

NicBOMB, BuffAirSpear and Selvut283 like this.
  10. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That's just as bad, as the accessories are notches above others just as the armours are.

NicBOMB, BuffAirSpear and Pokextreme like this.
  11. BuffAirSpear

BuffAirSpear Avos Air Assassin HERO

Minecraft:
    exactly this guys ^^ and just to bring it back into your mind... remember the armour pieces after gavel release? Bpa for example only has 1mr. It later on got buffed however because people can only use one piece at the same time. Back then i was probably like... one of the only ppl who actually preferred going for armour than the weapons. Most people even considered it silly to think about using armour or accessories because the weapons were that much stronger. Idk how much we would have to nerf the armour to allow several of them to be used at the same time but it would probably be something like that. On that note: that would also punish people who actually use it like it was designed to be used so its not going to happen either way. Give it up guys. Multi hive is history now there is no point in making senseless arguments about it. The best thing you can do now is think clearly about your builds go and fix them and then give us proper feedback about the state of balance in the game (oh and btw i am not saying that you shouldnt give feedback about the state of hive items after this. If you feel like there is a genuine issue with one of the hive items then please do give feedback on that ^^ however it ll have to be more than just "boo this is bad now fuck you guys" ;) if you provide proper reason and have good arguments of course we ll read that and think about it. ).

NicBOMB, T-Flex and Stag2001 like this.
  12. Major_Lue

Major_Lue Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    That's just as bad due to both the armours and accessories being so much better than other items of their types. If there is hate comments or disagreement with this change, then so be it. I apologize that this could not be done sooner, but I will not apologize that it is being done. Hive items are too strong to allow multiple of each division to be used at once.

A lot of people would prefer that because it makes builds way stronger than they should be. Fact is, that won't be happening. This will be patched out because of the sheer strength of the items individually. Together, they trivialize the game.

Remember the rainbow tank meta where you'd just utilitze multiple hive pieces to become borderline immune to elemental damage while having great health and damage? Yeah, that was so strong because it utilized utilizes a multitude of hive items, specifically master which are obviously the strongest due to the requirement of beating qira, which was never intended.

It was ethereal but with minor edits. This is the reason for it's change. For it to be unique. Legendaries shouldn't be just the previous legendary but with a stat increase. No item should be.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  13. Plymouth

Plymouth Why do you read this CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    well fuck apoc melee builds

14. Heyword

Heyword I dont want to die twice ;-; HERO

Minecraft:
    I think you guys should think a way to encourage more players to use rainbow weapons.The current problems for rainbow weapons are that they are bad against rainbow tank/bosses.
    Builds that are rainbow tank are usually suitable for rainbow weapons.However, people tend to use single element weapon over rainbow just cuz it is way better to pierce through others/boss defense.

A player said: Mobs have weakness too though, so it can balance out. Also, you can use multiple weapons to counteract defences. But yeah, for Qira it's kinda annoying having to use bob's or whatever.
    This is one of the advantage of using rainbow damage weapon( doesnt need to switch weapon cuz it deals each elemental damage)
    However, this is also one of the disadvantages
    Cuz you only deal like very little damage for each element.
    People would rather switch to another single element weapon for better damage/penetration which is more efficient than using a rainbow weapon.

I hope you understand what im saying, I am really bad at expressing ideas :/

PatrickIsAdopted and T-Flex like this.
  15. Trash

Trash Add earth dagger VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    where do you buy charcoal? On wynndata it says it has set stats, so I'm assuming its from a merchant, but I can't find it...

16. DragonEngineer

DragonEngineer Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Craftmas Island

17. Trash

Trash Add earth dagger VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    thanks

18. T-Flex

T-Flex At the gym HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I find this kind of feedback really unfair, because it doesn't show an actual picture of what we do.
    We have been nerfing a lot, but we have also been buffing a lot, adding IDs and trying to come up with ways to change certain mechanics
    so they are more appealing and usable to the playerbase. We have been balancing. What so many people either don't understand or simply chose to ignore is the fact that core game bugs and imbalances will affected the whole game and make our lives harder and game experience less enjoyable.
    You cannot fire a cannon out of a canoe. If you want a good, fair game, you will need to ensure a stable background you can build upon.

You were never meant to use more than 1 hive item per division, it was stated multiple times, but just like with item refunds and Amadel grinding, you guys took everything to the extreme, totally ignored the ethnicity of the game, got used to overpowered ways of playing the game and forced us to do step in. It you played the game the way it was intended this wouldn't affect you, would it!?

Your fighting game argument is overly simplified, reduction ad absurdum in a nutshell. We didn't limit the game to 1 playstyle and gear option per class nor are we trying to perfectly balance everything. If anything, builds will get at least a tad more diverse now because you are forced to look outside of the hive. You are talking about reducing options, and yet, I feel like we did exactly the opposite, and by looking at other replies, the others do to.

How was the game more fun before we started balancing and fixing stuff?
    Imbalanced mythics?
    Amadel grinding?
    Hive item overuse?

How was any of those situations fun? It's only fun to people that chose to abuse said aspects of the game while people who respected the intended way got shafted. At this point you are just trying to justify your game abusing.

I know where this argument came from, and quite frankly, I wish it never did, because just like the game, it's getting abused. No context is used, it's just being thrown around with no understanding, no mentioned limitations and then supported with an argument that shouldn't hold place in an RPG game.

Looking at the last few posts, majority of the people that feel this is unfair are exactly those who abused the unintended system. You chose to ignore the idea of the game, ignored the feelings of other player, ignored our warnings and cared only about you and your selfish needs, and now you are playing the victim card because we put a stop to your abusing. You are aware that nerfing hurts, and instead of looking at things objectively and trying to see the bigger picture, you argument your stance based on subjective feelings that were built on abusing the broken mechanics.

For everyone that provided us with feedback, thank you, for both positive and negative one. Regardless of what certain individuals might think, we do take player experience and opinions into account. I don't like certain changes neither, but seeing at things objectively, I'm glad we are fixing what was long overdue. I wish things were done right since the start, but up until recently, we didn't have the means to do so, so in that regard, I apologize to anyone for inconvenience we may have caused.

Cheers.

19. Tntdestroyd

Tntdestroyd Brutally honest VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    How bout cancer though, you guys have got to make that at least usable, it does 0 damage other than poison, so ... why is attack speed on it again?

20. ???

??? ??? GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Cancer is very much usable for one reason
    raw damage and %damage dont stack
    this is why things like cancer-taurus can still exist and thrive, because cancer's -% will not affect the raw damage taurus gives
    attack speed is on it because reasons? I guess it's because if you're dealing the raw damage you may as well be doing it as fast as possible

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.