Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Guide Things To Be Careful About On Your Journey Through Wynncraft

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by euouae, Feb 23, 2018.

?

Have you been PMIed?

Poll closed Mar 26, 2018.
  1. No, Never!

20 vote(s)
    30.3%
  2. No, what does PMI mean?

18 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. Someone tried, but it didn't work.

16 vote(s)
    24.2%
  4. Yes, once.

4 vote(s)
    6.1%
  5. Yes, twice.

4 vote(s)
    6.1%
  6. Yes, thrice?

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  7. I just got PMIed a millisecond before I looked at this thread.

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. euouae

euouae euouae VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    We've seen lots of people go through misfortunes during their Wynncraft journey that could have been easily prevented. This guide is a list of things you should be cautious about. Any more you have? Be sure to tell me!

1. Dropping Items
    Problem
    Most of us have all been through this scenario. Standing over lava, a hopper, etc., and accidently dropping something of value. It happens. But it can be easily prevented.
    Solutions
    #1: Change your drop key to something you'll never hit, like the right bracket key, or p. You can do this by going into Minecraft settings > controls, then drop key, then hit the button you want to change into the drop key. You can also set the drop key to ESCAPE, which Minecraft renders as 'OK, there is key that drops the item'.
    #2: Use a mod or modpack that has item locks. Item locks are fanmade devices that prevent you dropping items.

2. Killed When AFK
    Problem
    A story that isn't really a story: someone goes AFK, and someone leads a horde of monsters into the character, killing them. When the AFK person comes back, all of their belongings are gone! But keep sweating: this does happen.
    Solutions
    #1: Do /class when AFK to avoid PMIs (Player Made Invasions).
    #2: A less safe option, but still safe, AFK in a really high zone where no mob can get you.

3. Outside Distractions
    Problem
    You get a phone call. You look at the phone number, and it's your mom! The problem is, you are three-fourths the way through beating Qira!
    Solutions
    #1: If you have to do it immediately, just get the phone. No game is worth missing an important phone call. Even if the phone call isn't important, still take it. Games are just games. If you die, that's fine (I mean in the game).
    #2: If you have time, go into a corner and hope you don't die ingame. Otherwise, quickly /class, then take the phone/text/whatever it is.
    #3: If you are with a group, let your friends take the kills if you already have over 15% damage given to the boss you are damaging.

4. Duels and Harmful Objects
    Problem
    Haven't seen this one in a while, but when dueling near lava, cacti, or the void, you GOTTA be careful. I've been killed six times in a duel due to lava and the void (not cacti, but that could be a possibility).
    Solutions
    #1: Move somewhere else safe, like the interior of a closed house.
    #2: Stop the duel by alerting the dueler in chat, or just /kill.

5. Scams
    Problem
    Scams are a big problem, in Wynncraft, and the real economy. Some are easy to spot, some are hard. Like, "Have this Gale's Force for 2 stacks of LE!" is an obvious one. But what if there are some that are hard?
    Solutions
    #1: Stay active in the market. This will help because most scammers scam new people to the market. This will make you less of a target, and you will notice scams more.
    #2: Get a price check. This helps if you have no idea how to determine prices.
    #3: Get screenshots of EVERYTHING. Later, reporting is an option.
    #4: Don't negotiate using /r. Negotiate on forums, so people can detect scammers for you (if you don't notice right away).

6. Determining Prices
    Problem
    In the last topic, we discussed people scamming you. However, you can be a scammer without even knowing. How can you be sure that your price is reliable and not a scam?
    Solution
    #1: Learn about prices more. Study the economy.
    #2: Get a trusty price checker.

Please give me more, this probably isn't enough to make a whole guide.

Changelog
    2/23: 11:22 AM PST: Added 'scams' and 'price determination'. Suggested by @Nuggets, @mrkiller_X and @Cylixz .
    2/23: 11:33 AM PST: @Khaps details.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  2. Entaurix

Entaurix This Space Available HERO

Minecraft:
    Great post and yes, I have almost chucked stacks of LE in a hopper several times so glad I got a mod to lock things now.

Also, possibly not something to add but I have seen a lot of people being called scammers and such lately, maybe add something about getting a price check or something to avoid being scammed.

LuckyLukas and euouae like this.
  3. yellowscreen

yellowscreen Certified Lurker

Minecraft:
    Scams.
    People selling something to you for a lot more than it is actually worth.
    Solutions:
    Be active in the market.
    Doing this will decrease your chances of being targetted, as they mostly target people new to the market, and you will notice scams easier.
    Get screenshots of EVERYTHING. Later, reporting is an option.

Shitposting.
    Posting something irrelevant to the conversation. Everyone dislikes having to scroll past 50 posts to find the next relevant comment.
    Solutions: Well, you could be relevant to the conversation, but let’s be honest, what gets more likes?
    A funny hot beverage spill joke or a serious essay about why housing is actually possible in wynncraft, would benefit it, and why the community automaticly labels house suggestions worthless?

euouae likes this.
  4. mrkiller_X

mrkiller_X Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    5. don`t get scammed
    problem
    you got a valuable item but you don`t know the price of it but after selling it , it turns out to be worth a lot more than what you sold it for , or someone sold you an item for more than it needs .
    solutions
    #1: try to learn about prices more .
    #2: ask a trustful price checker or price check the item in discord or price check thread .

euouae likes this.
  5. euouae

euouae euouae VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Update: Added Scams to the list of things to be cautious about.

6. 3:

3: farlands pumpkin farlands pumpkin HERO

Minecraft:
    Agreed

Sick_Sickle, NicBOMB and ??? like this.
  7. euouae

euouae euouae VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    please don't lol

8. Khaps

Khaps Ex-moderator and leader of the Mythic Emporium HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    But then rip qira that I ended at 3/4
    why not just go in a corner and take the phone, and still, it shouldn't be too hard to end qira
    If you managed to get to 3/4 solo you are good enough to survive a few seconds on a phone call
    If you are at 3/4 in a group, your group can just kill it while you take the phone
    To end a duel you can also /kill

Otherwise that seems cool

euouae likes this.
  9. Spinel

Spinel Pronounced Spin-nell, not Spine-el VIP+

Minecraft:
    To prevent getting scammed, I would NEVER negotiate prices through /r ingame because if you negotiate on forums, someone will likely tell you if you’re getting scammed or not before the item is sold.

10. orange0404

orange0404 corkus is actually here HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    'study the economy'
    'the economy is broken, aka nonexistant'

11. DrakeM1

DrakeM1 101 Archer / Made RPRT / Mayor of Tree Island HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hey! I think this is a well-made guide and I wanted to offer my two cents / comments on some things.
    Modpack is the better option if your computer can handle it, but if not / you want to play vanilla and really are paranoid about this sort of thing, change your drop key to ESCAPE which Minecraft interprets as NONE. That way no key can drop items.
    The problem with /classing is that most people AFK to regen Soul Points, which as far as I know don't regenerate while in the class menu. If a player is in a city and doesn't want to die,
    well...
    Can agree, this sucks. Fire and lava would be much easier to deal with if they affected your in-game health, but they actually only affect your "hearts," like fire does in normal MC. If you walk into fire, /class for a bit and the fire will eventually stop. If you're in lava, try to get out before /classing, but you'll definitely lose some health. Cacti aren't really a big deal, since they don't do DamageOverTime, in my opinion. If you end up in the void with no water to swim up, just /kill (unless you're one of those flying mages).
    These are all good and I highly recommend that last one.
    There's a price check thread but it isn't always actively updated. I myself would say use the #trade-market on the Wynncraft discord. You'll usually get a faster response than if you posted on the Price Check thread.

Really well-done thread! Hope my comments can help!
    DrakeM1

Nukewarmachine and euouae like this.
  12. euouae

euouae euouae VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Very sorry everybody, went on a three-day trip and I was unable to update the thread. I'll be looking at the comments!

Entaurix likes this.
  13. Nukewarmachine

Nukewarmachine emerald tier above LE when VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What happens if you are at 1/2 solo for the Orange Cybel (what I mean is that the Orange Cybel has 600k health excluding phases 2 and 4 and you are attacking phase 5, which has 300k health) then you get an important phone call while there are more than 30 Remote Controlled Cybels chasing you?

euouae likes this.
  14. Khaps

Khaps Ex-moderator and leader of the Mythic Emporium HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You die

15. Entaurix

Entaurix This Space Available HERO

Minecraft:
    Ignore the phone call, gaming comes first, even if it's the hospital trying to call to say your wife is in labour.

(Did not happen to me)

16. Stycore

Stycore some random golem CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    lol

17. euouae

euouae euouae VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    then just die

Nukewarmachine likes this.
  18. XxDiCaprioxX