Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Guide Guide To Shops In The Trade Market - 1/? Help Newcomers

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Khaps, Dec 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Khaps

Khaps Ex-moderator and leader of the Mythic Emporium HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hello there!
    So since a few time, i've helped numerous shops that were starting and told them what was good and what wasn't, and instead of everytime repeating me, I decided to create a thread where I will just put everything I think should be done in a shop to make it look good and customer friendly.

This is the first episode of a whole serie I plan to do to help newcomers have a good experience in the game, the next one is going to be about leveling.
    If you want to know what is done yet, check all the way down.

But first, what is the difference between a selling thread and a shop?
    In a shop, you are showing many items, and there's most likely a name to your thread rather than just "Selling This item, and this one, and this one...."
    It is better to make your shop colored rather than just a monoton white/black depending on the theme.
    Talking about theme : You must make sure that the colors are fitting for both white and dark theme! This is one of the worst thing that can happen, having to highlight to read is super annoying!

Now, let's get to how to build your shop, i'm going to go by order to what you should do in first to last.

The name :

- You must find an original and catchy name, I'd rather click on something like "⭐The Unknown Golem Shop ⭐" rather than "Khap's shop"

Make it Special :

- This isn't something you must do, but if you want your shop to become famous, make it special : a good example of this would be our regretted Romzy's Shop (didn't find the thread...? give me link) where he was roleplaying it all! He got such big success that you can ask anyone on the market something like 5/6 months ago, they'll all know about Romzy.
    - But it can also be something less than just this, let's self advertise : I created a group of mythic seller and managed to make it grow, and now, in less than a year, its the 5th most viewed shop in the market section!

Sections :
    Obviously, you shouldn't just put all the items randomly, that would be just hard for someone looking for a high level spear to look through all your items to find one.

Here's how I would say it would be a good idea to organize it :
    Helmet :

Chestplate :
    Low level
    Mid level
    High level

Leggings :
    Low level
    Mid level
    High level

Boots :

Low level
    Mid level
    High level

Spear :
    Low level
    Mid level
    High level

Dagger :
    Low level
    Mid level
    High level

Bow :
    Low level
    Mid level
    High level

Wand :
    Low level
    Mid level
    High level

However, just going Bold and Underline doesn't look good at all, so for the section I want you to put in originality, you may get inspired by other shops, however, try not just plagiarizing ;)

Color code :
    The color code is very important, as it breaks the monotony of white/black writing, so remember to always color your items
    What i'd say is the best to do with colors :
    - Make sure you can see it in both light and dark theme (so that you don't have to highlight if you are not in the meant theme)
    - Make sure the color isn't too flashy : Its just annoying to look at a shop and see really really flashy colors all around, i'd recommend a color code like such :
    Unique
    Rare
    Legendary
    Mythic

Use links :
    If you are new to the forums and want to start a shop as soon as possible, you won't be able to put in links before you get 10 posts, rather than posting useless messages everywhere making you get warning points, rather take look at other posts and make non-spammy post, for example try to buy items on other shops or comment suggestion or else ;)

Anyways, back to the link thigie this is something that will ease you and your potential customers, they will not have to ask everytime "can you tell me IDs on this item?"

Don't know on wich site to put the images? I usually use imgur.com because its super easy, loads fast for both creating and downloading the image afterwards, rather than gyazo wich takes ages.
    However you can do something even better for your customer : Specify the main IDs
    Basically, let's say you have this Rikter : https://imgur.com/a/sFk6I
    Here's how a noob would put it :
    Rikter : 38% melee damage, 28% Exploding
    With my recommendation, here's how it gets :
    Rikter : https://imgur.com/a/sFk6I 38% Melee dam, 28% Explo
    But you can make it even better
    [84] Rikter : https://imgur.com/a/sFk6I 38% Melee dam, 28% Explo

Rules :
    This isn't something that you cannot do without, but its always cool to have some, so take a look at the 2 most common ones :

-No refunds
    -No item trades

You may also specify your timezone and the place you can meet, even though detlas is the most common one.

Anyways, that's it for me, I may add more stuff later, but i've worked on this for quite some time now, if you ever need to explain to someone why there shop has some problems send them this link

Also, if you see thing I forgot, tell it to me, I most likely already know of it and plan to add it later, but you never know! :D

Some examples of good shop :
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/thread...-shop-★-32-legendaries-★-480-yahyas-★.107926/
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/thread...-➤➤-weapons-armours-and-accessories-★.119877/ : Superb shop
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/thread...-epic-adventures-are-made-✨-lvl-54-99.170217/
    There are some others that you may want to inspire from.

However, watch out to never necropost, even if its to say to someone their shop looks good!
    motoki's and Romzy's shops last messages are over a month old, so you can't post there ;)

Help Newcomers 1/? :
    - Guide To Shops In The Trade Market : https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/guide-to-shops-in-the-trade-market-1-help-newcomers.211304/
    - Tutorial For Leveling : https://forums.wynncraft.com/thread...ers-or-older-members-2-help-newcomers.213190/
    - Guide to Auctions In The Trade Market : https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/guide-to-auctions-in-the-trade-market-3-help-newcomers.214315/

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    oomy, H0Y, TheHipster and 18 others like this.
  2. RogP

RogP back VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    nice thread, something you can do is link good examples of shops.

Khaps likes this.
  3. Khaps

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Not a stupid idea, I planned of doing that but for some reason forgot, going to get some going

tbh, do you have a link to Romzy's shop? I couldn't find it
    Tell me he didn't delete it...

4. Khaps

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Added 2 examples of good shops

5. Wynnooblet

Wynnooblet Slayer of Useless Threads VIP+

Minecraft:
    Can you check out my shop? If you think it is good I'd appreciate if you'd put it in your good shops section. I worked hard on it and it needs popularity. Thanks!

https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/♛-pirates-black-market-♛-fresh-new-imported-booty.210993/

Khaps likes this.
  6. Khaps

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I took a look

Check
    Check
    Check, except, is it in order of level? i'm not too sure because I couldn't see the images
    Check except one part :
    a bit too dark to see in my theme clearly
    I prefer imgur, but gyazo is fine however I tried clicking some of your images (redirection and bloodlust didn't try others) and it didn't show me any image, just a blank page, might want to take a look at it
    Check

How improvement can be made :
    gyazo -> imgur (well imo, you do wat u want :p)
    A bit too much color, try changing it a bit
    Not enough legendaries and wanted items, that's why there's so low of a traffic in your shop, idk what level you are, but try getting higher to levels to find more wanted items
    The
    Part is too low, try putting it above, its something you want others to see

I think that's about it, its still a nice shop, but the main thing to change is the items :/

Anyways, good luck on your shop and have a good day!

7. Emilia

Emilia Sand Eater VIP+

Minecraft:
    Great thread.

Khaps likes this.
  8. Khaps

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thanks! i'm working on the leveling guide rn

Emilia likes this.
  9. Khaps

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Probably should bump it since if its even 1 post behind no one will see it :(

10. Khaps

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bumping this or no one will ever see it

11. Khaps

Guild:
    Minecraft:

12. Relja_J_3

Relja_J_3 Salty Sunflower

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Or just...
    I mean it's the simplest type of comment, you don't really have to do anything, and as long as it's on different threads it's not spam. It's not exactly elegant but I don't get why more people aren't doing it, you just go to some threads that aren't on the front page if possible (and also aren't like 3 years old), copy paste something like "bumpity bump" and there you go, 10 messages without spamming and getting banned on your first day.

I feel like I might be overlooking something and this might actually be the worst idea ever but eh.

ThomAnn100 likes this.
  13. Khaps

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Why not, but I feel like saying that will just make them go in the first page, first thread click it and put in Bumpity Bump in the next 10 threads :/

14. Relja_J_3

Relja_J_3 Salty Sunflower

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    AHHH that's what I overlooked, people are lazy and will do stupid things out of laziness :^D.

Khaps likes this.
  15. (Meric)

(Meric) No longer edgy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I had a guide on this then wikihow deleted it for being a "joke"
    there is no joke when it comes to making a dank wynncraft forum shop

Glad to see someone else is carrying on!
    CURSE WIKIHOW!

ThomAnn100 and Khaps like this.
  16. Khaps

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    dang that's sad :(

17. Khaps

Guild:
    Minecraft:

18. Salkasm