Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Generic Fantasy - [5/7]

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by hmtn, Aug 30, 2017.

?

Is the combat system something you want?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tezzeret

Tezzeret You dare bring light to my lair? You must DIE! VIP

Minecraft:
    I try to use the medical supplies to help with my wounds.

2. hmtn

hmtn Archivist of the Realm VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well, the fire's still a ways away, though the grass is drying up. It is rather warm for fall. Maybe it's just the day. Eh, whatever.

I'll see what I can do.

The bloody scarf off in a corner, you soon have decently bandaged up everywhere that you got hurt (so, everywhere). The ships out the window appear to be closing off, and the docks have gotten violent. Blood paints the street a vivid shade of red.

Since that wasn't an actual reply, required @Reti
    You spontaneously materialize lying down in a field, eyes closed. It would almost be serene, if it wasn't rather ruined by deafening sounds of screaming and destruction. Opening your eyes, you see a gruff-looking man looming over you with a knife.

"Eh? What 'ave we got 'ere? Money an' supplies, apparently. Now lie still, it'll only be a moment."

3. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    I stay alert, but rest a little and wait for my wounds to heal enough to go back out to the streets. Also, while I rest, I start to read the History of Eood Valley book.

4. Reti

Reti Marquis of the Foxes, King of Memes VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "I'm afraid not, scoundrel."

I srping to my feet, drawing my shortsword as I go

5. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The combat system is officially a thing, folks. It can be found HERE, and if you want to view it in the future it will be found as the first option in worldbuilding. As I will begin using the system in this post, you should probably read it first.

You open the book. It wastes no time getting into the "history" part. It looks like the first bit is a summary of basic history, with later chapters going deeper into places, people, and general detail.

Eood Valley, while the human kingdoms were yet separate and far to the north, had been a mutual border between two Elven and Dwarvish kingdoms. It was used as a trading post and general cultural exchange area. Due to the Windy River providing easy access to both the sea to the east and the far west reaches of the world, it was also an area of commerce for traveling merchant bands as well. All of these various factors made Eood Valley the center of commerce in quite a few hundred miles. However, due to the corruption of what is now known as the Bloodwood, along with the withdrawal of the dwarves, both events in the last few centuries, Kyre Valley has taken over as a major trade center.
    After the abandonment of the valley by the elves and dwarves, the newly unified and expanding Empire of humans attempted to take over large swaths of land in The Wall as preparation for a takeover of the various small nations of the Fog Coast. The various dwarven kingdoms, usually warring, unified in their defense against the Empire, however, leading it to give up within 20 years. The various advance fortresses and regions remained, however, and formed into a loose collection of towns and cities under the Lord of the Riverthrone, a position created along with the town some 150 years ago.
    Since then, Eood and Kyre Valley, the two principal reigons, along with a few other small ones extending out all the way to Forge have become part of the Riverthrone's domain. The Empire is as stable as it ever gets, and the tragic ascension of Gaia 20 years ago mostly affected the world south of The Wall, keeping the area safe.
    [+1 Vitality]

He did not expect you to be able to fight, so you have advantage.

Opponent:
    Burly Man
    Vitality: 7[7]
    Weapon: Knife [+0]

Options:
    Attack: [Basic Attack]
    Prepare: [Strong Attack]
    Move

...Until you get slapped awake. You're currently secured to a sitting position in a wagon, apparently. There's a woman in a green bandanna crossly staring at you from the bench on the other side. Next to her snores an old man that looks rather familiar. The lady begins speaking in an extremely thick accent that you do not recognize at all.

Bandanna Lady: "Ach. Were ya gunna sleep like that forever? We're headin somwhere, and I'll be taken by Sweshaad before I don't figure out whatchya know. So? What is it? Why do ya meddle in our work?"

6. Reti

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I slash out with the shortsword, using the basic attack

7. BlueSlimerino

BlueSlimerino Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Dez:"I was captured by the cult, and almost sacrificed, I got my payback at the ones behind it. So where are we going?"
    Do I have my equipment with me?

8. Tezzeret

Minecraft:

I keep reading. Also, a few things about the combat system confuse me. Would I be able to switch out skills for T2 skills upon resting? Also, my sword is a magic weapon (not sure what tier), so would I be able to switch to T3 skills also?

9. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You deal 3 damage. He does not block.

The Burly Man uses the basic attack with his knife for 2 damage.

Opponent:

Burly Man
    Vitality: 7[4]

You:
    Vitality: 10 [8]
    Weapon: Shortsword [+1]

Options:
    Attack: Basic Attack [+2]
    Defend: Parry [-1 to Dmg]
    Prepare: Strong Attack [2 Rounds]
    Move

Bandanna Lady: "A cult? Eh? Ah. Ahahahahahaha! Ya must mean this crew 'ere. I'll still never get why the boss thought that we were needin' cover stories like that.... I hope ye know that yer little stunt back in the warehouse wrecked the town. Bunch a' members still loose in the flames. Yer equipment's over there -"
    -She points to a bag under a seat in the front of the wagon-
    "- but it won't do ye much good where we're goin', seeing as we're probably gunna kill ye."

I've updated the document to answer your first question. As for the second one, the sword's magical nature (along with Robert's air spear) give it a +2 to attack instead of a +1, although it is still a normal tier weapon. Better weapons will have a different text color.

This section contains more in-depth information on the history of the elves, dwarves, and early settlement in the region.
    Section 1A - Initial Elven Exploration
    Section 1B - Initial Dwarven Exploration
    Section 1C - Early Skirmishes
    Section 1D - Initial Colonization
    Section 1E - Growing Trade

10. Reti

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    More basic attacks ensue, slashing at the attacker's face

11. BlueSlimerino

Minecraft:
    Dez:"Oh...Well I'll hope that the town can be repaired. And if I'm going to be killed I guess it's my punishment for destroying the town, I hope you won't mind if I read one of my books"
    I start walking to where she said my stuff was and start reading the spellbook of invisibility also eating a potato once in a while.

Also are my scales back to normal?

Edit:on the combat skills im thinking Dez should have mockery being a bard and all, also can I come up with some bardic battle skills if you don't mind?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
  12. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Eh I'll sit here until either day happens or the fire approaches close enough.

13. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    Alright. So, just to make sure: Having killed 2 enemies on-camera (the cultist at the beginning and that desert guy with the scarf), Thorston could get T2 skills next time he rested?

Anyway, I look at section 1A.

14. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The man has spent the last two rounds prepping evasion. He uses it, and dodges your attack. You deal no damage.

The man uses basic attack, hitting for two damage (unless you choose to parry)

Opponent:

Burly Man

You:
    Vitality: 10 [6]

Options:
    Attack: Basic Attack [+2]
    Defend: Parry [-1 to Dmg]
    Prepare: Strong Attack [2 Rounds]
    Move

Sure. If you have a good skillset idea, PM it to me. Also, It's been 30-40 mins since you drank the potion, at best.

You get up from your seat, easily taking off the restraints.
    Bandanna Lady: "... How are ye movin'?"

After a couple minutes of sitting, a convoy of about 5 wagons blasts past you. While four of them continue on, the fifth one stops, with a man in a high-collared black coat leaping out. He stares at you and the area you're sitting in for several, tense, seconds, promptly taking out a longsword.

Man: "Who are you, and why are you here?"

Yes.
    As for the armor, good point. I've changed its value.

The elves first began colonizing the valley 950 years ago, roughly a century later than the dwarves. Emerging from the north, from the then-uncorrupted forest now only known as the bloodwood, the elves at once began aggressively acquiring territory from the dwarves. Large outposts at the edge of the forest, some still standing to this day, were constructed. The elven love for large, imposing structures were far, far better than the dwarven aboveground pursuits, dwarven exterior design being what it was. This prompted traveling merchants to trade with them more than the dwarves in the region, prompting the elves to demand more land for more 'trade posts' and the like. The constant dwarven denials prompted several major skirmishes, detailed in section 1C. Luckily, this did not escalate into an all-out war. The main factors for this was that the pride of both the elves and dwarves were massive, and, even though a war here would be small, it would eventually escalate into a national conflict, devastating massive amounts of land. Nevertheless, elven interest in the region quickly subsided when the nascent empire began threatening their northern and western borders, and vanished entirely with the corruption of the bloodwood.
    [+1 Vitality]

15. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    What's odd is still that Thorston, despite being the rogue, has the second-best armor of any character in the campaign.

I continue to section 1B.

16. Reti

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I prepare to use my strong attack on his head

17. BlueSlimerino

Minecraft:
    Dez(in a bit of a sinister tone):"Oh, I guess you would be suprised, not like it matters, well to you atlest. I'll take my stuff and be on my way.''
    I start walking to my bags

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  18. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't think anyone else is actually wearing armor, for starters.
    Over a millennium ago, expeditions from nascent dwarven kingdoms expanded out of and around the mountain range now simply known as The Wall. Eood valley, situated only a few days upriver from the sea, proved a vital spot for dwarven stone and metalworks to be traded around the world, spreading the names of several legendary craftsmen. Such known names as Tresos Warforged and Bastirk became so in this era. Massive forge cities were created both in, outside, and under the wall, although only two remain today: The city simply known as Forge, situated on the windy river, and the much larger underground dwarven citadel known as the Molten Core. These great cities mainly perished with the arrival of the elves, who's territorial aggression caused many of them to become abandoned and nearly caused a war. Eventually, the nascent empire attempting to take over The Wall and multiple domestic problems, the dwarves retreated from the region, their comparatively brittle ruins disappearing within a few decades.
    [+1 Vitality]

The burly man slashes wildly with a basic attack, dealing 2 damage.

Opponent:

Burly Man

You:
    Vitality: 10 [4]

Options:
    Attack: Basic Attack [+2/Does not Interrupt Prep]
    Defend: Parry [-1 to Dmg/Interrupts Prep]
    Move

Strong Attack will be ready in one round.

The lady grabs a small bag next to her, evidently a bag of holding of some sort, pulling out a large quarterstaff. She stands, blotting out the setting sun.

Fayuma: "Lemme make this clearer to ye then. I am Fayuma of the Guardian Caste, member of the Greater Imperial Mercenary forces. I have spent my entire life being trained to become a killing machine. Next to me, I have a currently pacified but very strong and extremely irritable Elemental Mage of the Gateway Tower. He has spent his entire life training himself to become a killing machine. If ye wanna make it out of this 'ere confrontation with the rest your life intact, ye'd best stand down!"

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
  19. BlueSlimerino

Minecraft:
    I sit back down
    Dez:"So what do you want from me?"

20. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    It's not even armor! It's just a shield. Still...

Also, am I back up to 9 Vitality yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.