Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Generic Fantasy - [5/7]

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by hmtn, Aug 30, 2017.

?

Is the combat system something you want?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmtn

hmtn Archivist of the Realm VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Sorry about the wait, I was seeing if more than 2 people would respond. :o(

With you having no medical expertise, it's a painful and shoddy process, but you should be fine for now.

Probably should let a professional look at it, though.

You're suddenly inside the set of doors, and see a hunched figure in a cloak, wrinkled hands on a gnarled staff, darkness surrounding them. Whoever this is speaks with the voice of an old woman.

What do you mean shamelessly stolen why would you think that other than the fact that it was shamelessly stolen but that's not the point right now let's just get to the dialog

Mystery Cloak Figure: "That is rather interesting... Still, you should not attempt to delay the inevitable with your own old tales. I'm talking about that lesser servant you blanked and sent down. Nay, not just him, but you retroactively created a whole host of your little pet hobbies. Have you gone even more mad?"

As the old woman finishes speaking, the voice of a younger man, seemingly concealed in the darkness ahead, begins speaking. It sounds like he's trying to deliver it dramatically, but failing in every respect.

Young man: "Now, now, Grand Sage. Don't go around blaming-"
    Mystery Cloaked Figure/Grand Sage: "Blaming? I command the most powerful divination in existence, you fool. I never trusted you, Harstag, and just because - wait.."
    Young Man/Harstag: "What?"

The "Grand Sage" (the old woman) sweeps around, intently eying the darkness all around her.

Grand Sage: "Hmm... I could have sworn I sensed something. I can't feel it anymore, but it was there. While we're at it, get out of that darkness, will you?"
    Harstag: "No. Also, stop acting like you're older than me."
    Grand Sage: "Well I'm certainly more matu- wait. You're doing it again, aren't you!?!? Distracting me with some weird signal thing while you dodge my questions?!?"
    Harstag: "I admit nothing. Also, you came to my power base, which means 'Dismissal'."

The Grand Sage fumbles around for a bit, begenning to throw a string of extremely profane words before being teleported to who knows where.

The man in the darkness ahead begins slowly walking further away from the door. Will you follow him?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  2. BlueSlimerino

BlueSlimerino Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Tag them their alerts might have broke
    Of course I'll follow him but at a distance

3. Tezzeret

Tezzeret You dare bring light to my lair? You must DIE! VIP

Minecraft:
    I try to get out of the house.

4. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Sorry for not replying much. I thought there's nothing really for me to do right now. + I wanted to finish my character's backstory, but... I'm really lazy, so I don't know how that will turn out.

5. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You dash out of the house at a hurried pace, out into the street. Looking left, you can see that a good portion of the city is now on fire for some reason. It's still on the far end of the city, but quite alarming nonetheless.

The light's gone, and after what feels like a long time, you emerge in front of a massive, empty throne, with a figure that's probably the guy. You cannot see his face, but he's dressed in red plate, a cape of flames behind him. His attention seems to be focused on the throne for now, but he begins speaking.

Harstag: "You were lucky I shielded your presence, you know. Well, I let it down once for a distraction, but you being here worked out nonetheless. Your people's unpredictability is quite the feat.... I myself only realized you were coming minutes before you did, and I know a sizable chunk of everything. Why are you here?"

Alright then. Although I'd still recommend being done by the time Dez's dream sequence is. The time for action is now.

Although now would be a good time to add that the fire, like any, has began to spread to other buildings. This is not the best thing, for obvious reasons that include your death. Carts are slightly faster than te flames though, so you should hopefully be fine for now. Just sit back, relax, and retcon/flashback.

@Florfy5, again.

6. BlueSlimerino

Minecraft:
    I start thinking that this guy is probably important and it seems he helped me so I'll tell him what happed
    Dez:"I have no idea what this place even is, or in fact I don't even know who you are. The last thing I remember is fighting a cultists and then...Wait am I dead?

Note/Edit:Dez doesen't care about gods that much (All thoug he still wants to get a blessing) so he doesen't know the pantheon

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
  7. Florfy5

Florfy5 a person

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Lazarus: "So... May I inquire what your plans are?"

I look around the rafters. I will throw a knife if I see the assassin. If the warrior recovers and charges at me, I'll blind him again.

8. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    Thorston: "Damn it..."
    He looks around for people, especially those who look... pickpocketable.

9. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Harstag: "Hmm... if you were dead, you would be being sorted out in the afterlife right now. Plus, I do not know if you've looked down at yet, but there's nothing there. You're just a disembodied voice right now. You are most likely dreaming. Unless you are some seer of some sort, however, you shouldn't be able to do this without divine intervention. The problem of that is that knowledge of who did it is outside my purview. Gods cannot be seen if they do not want to be seen."

The assassin is nowhere to be seen and you fear that it's intentional. The warrior moves behind the guy in blue, who's visibly creating frost on the floor he stands on.

Ice Mage: "Simple. Somebody killed a bunch of our people, we kill them. Even if we do fail, a bulk of the group is moving back here anyway. You may as well surrender now."

Everyone is, predictably, getting away from the side of town where the fire is. Some are heading down to the river, others are getting in wagons and coaches, driving out as quickly as possible. You can see the tavern a few hundred meters to your left, with adventurers and cultists running out, mainly from each other. The body of the bartender is thrown out, and from her slumped posture, it looks like she's dead. It's not long before wizard duels end with that place on fire too. Mainly, just because you're sluggish and everyone else is actively panicking and constantly paranoid, nobody really looks... pickpocketable.

It's not that long before more fires start in the city, and a stampede of people start getting out of the town. Riverboats let go of anchor and head east, while others scramble west towards what looks like a mountain pass out of the valley. Some directly pass you, and you hear typical horror stories of fires and death. Speaking of fires, another one's started near the town center, a little ways east of the burnt mansion.

10. BlueSlimerino

Minecraft:
    I look down and see that I'm indeed just a voice and then say
    Dez:"Well good that I'm not dead. And I'm no seer just a traveling violinist, and to my knowledge I've never had divine intervention, WAIT YOU'RE A GOD?!"

11. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    I just go with everyone away from the fire, keeping watch on my money and rapier.

12. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Harstag: "Well, I'm still not the one who brought you up here, if that eases you a bit."

It's not long before the crowd thickens and starts randomly pushing you in a certain direction. After a few minutes of being submerged in this frenzied crowd, you see that you're moving towards the river, more specifically the docks down by it.

13. BlueSlimerino

Minecraft:
    Dez(In a mix of excitement and worry):"I really don't know if that eases me, you said you know everything. Can you tell me what is going on with my body right now?"

14. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    I follow the crowd.

15. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    @Florfy5 @Gigavern @BlueSlimerino @Death Knight @Guy Fieri
    I'm now 99% sure alerts on replies are completely broken, so I recommend hitting "watch thread". If you're currently on hiatus for one reason or another, you can do this when you come back.

Harstag: "It is being carried off by several members of a imperial mercenary guild, along with a few wizards and an interloper. Safe. Although, removing your soul from your body this much may have quite the effect on it... it's best to send you back sooner than later."

You're pushed to board one of the ships, a riverboat with large paddles, set to go upriver.

Last chance to turn around. You're small and nimble, and you could manage it.

OR

Cast off to lands unknown.

16. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm just waiting for daytime.
    I would stay here and just blow away the flames, but I figure that this fire is a good way to get some things growing around the crater. So I choose to puts lots of dead plants and trees around the area.

17. BlueSlimerino

Minecraft:
    Dez:"I have one last question and then you can send me back. Is there any way you can help me, because I'm pretty sure I'm going to be tortured for information, if not well I'll hope for the best"

18. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    I am watching the thread.

Anyway, I try to sneak through the crowd to an abandoned building that's not on fire.

19. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Harstag: "You're a charismatic storyteller, are you not? Speak. Bluff your way out. Dismissal."

Huh. This doesn't feel like teleportation. Just like you're moving really fast. You don't really have any points of reference though, but within a second a globe that's probably the world comes into view, and another second as you precisely slam into your sleeping body and lose consciousness. Twice, somehow. Dreamless sleep.

That was really exhausting, but you finally manage to find a building that's only mostly destroyed. Looks like it used to be a house? You can't tell, everything is charred and black.
    Some poor bastard appears to have left some actual medical supplies though, bandages and such. It's sad that the chances of them being dead in fire are so high.

20. BlueSlimerino

Minecraft:
    Looks like im waiting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.