Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Community Event Weapon Creation Contest Results! Congratulations To The Winners!

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by valvoid, Dec 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. valvoid

valvoid Build/CMD Hybrid HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hello everyone!

I am back with the winners of the contest I held around 1 week ago! If you have not yet seen it, here is the link: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/weapon-creation-contest-ends-december-2nd.209111/. The idea was that for my next command block map, I would create some of your suggestions for weapons! So, I asked the forums, and responses came flowing in. I was amazed by the level of effort and detail you guys put into your submissions, and I was impressed by all of your creative responses. Although all of your submissions were fantastic, I have chosen a few that really stood out to me. I judged the items on its name, unique abilities, and practicality in game-play. So, without further ado, here are the winners of the weeks competition!

PRIZES
    (Sorry I am broke)
    Please make a conversation with me here on the forums (@xMC_Master11x ), or on discord (MC_Master11#9041 - if you have trouble I am sorry I am no pro with discord, so I am not sure if this is how to properly msg me).

5th Place: 16 eb
    4th Place: 32 eb
    3rd Place: 1 le
    2nd Place: 3 le
    1st Place: 5 le

WINNERS

Honorable Mentions:

Although these participants will not receive a prize, I personally really liked their suggestions and am thinking about maybe incorporating some of them into my map! Unfortunately, these submissions were not originally going to get prizes, but since I had so many great entries I am going to give some emeralds to these players as well. Congratulations to the following submissions:

5th Place: @Pearhair with Cyclone
    Congrats Pear! I really liked your bow idea, and I think it will almost definitely be implemented into my map! I really liked the original lore and the creative passive abilities. I think a bow revolving around the idea of storms would fit very well gameplay wise, and I think Cyclone the the perfect name for it.

4th Place: @DiamondWarrior59 with Betrayal
    Nice job! I appreciated the massive amount of effort you put into the thread. I really enjoyed reading all of your ideas, and I thought Betrayal had extremely interesting game-play. I had another idea for a weapon called Gauntlet for my map, and I think it would really work well combined with some of your ideas.

The Podium:
    These are the top 3 submissions I received. Please note that all of these decisions are on personal opinion. These items will definitely be included in my map, although I may make some edits for game-play purposes. Thank you guys for these amazing suggestions! Congratulations to the following participants:

3rd Place: @bloww with Chasm
    I loved your simple, but powerful name for this weapon. I idea of having a void-based weapon really caught my attention and I think it will be awesome in-game. While some of your abilities might not be practical (I don't think I will be sending anybody to another dimension xD), I think it was a really cool idea.

2nd Place: @SPYR0HAWK with Dragonkryl
    (Yes this guy and the first place winner are different people)
    I was super excited to see this suggestion. Firstly, the name is awesome. I really like how the name both makes sense, because a shield is kind of a "shell," but also how it incorporated dragons in the lore (don't ask I like dragons). This submission was super unique because it was a shield, which I think is exactly what the map needed.

1st Place: @SPYROHAWK with Silverback
    (Yes this guy and the second place winner are different people)
    Amazing job dude! The amount of work put into this sword was outstanding, and I like the amount of detail it had. It was well thought through and well executed. However, I do not plan on including all of its abilities, because although they are very, very cool :D, I don't want this to become just an "all in one" weapon where a player will just immediately choose this sword. I want the player to have to make choices, and I think if this sword was in its full glory it would become an easy choice. Anyway, congratulations!

Thanks for reading!

2. J0nSn0w

J0nSn0w Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    holy shit i won, thanks so much

DiamondWarrior59 likes this.
  3. 3:

3: farlands pumpkin farlands pumpkin HERO

Minecraft:
    I call rigged

All of us know the "Not-a-Dildo 3000" would've won

4. orange0404

orange0404 corkus is actually here HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    NOT A DILDO

3: likes this.
  5. ShadowMage1

ShadowMage1 Seraph of Twilight CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    That name is weak. Markiplier's Not-a-Penis is better.

Bramblesthatcat and 3: like this.
  6. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    yeh
    and my almost perfect gun reference bow idea would have won too

7. war_master_9

war_master_9 Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    who are the honorable mentions?

8. DrBracewell

DrBracewell Famous Adventurer CT Manager QA Modeler GM CMD CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What abilities from silverback are you planning to create?

SPYROHAWK and valvoid like this.
  9. valvoid

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I want to keep it generally in its sword form, but give it some special abilities. Most likely I will be doing the powered and the tipped. I dont want it to be a very long range weapon, because that is what bows are for, and I am debating doing the shield as I do want to make shield items. maybe it will just be a 1 use shield thing for a quick block. Again, I want the player to have to make choices. However, I think the tipped will be really cool with an explosion of your aura, and the powered is a versatile and simple passive ability that can add some value to the weapon.

SPYROHAWK likes this.
  10. 3:

3: farlands pumpkin farlands pumpkin HERO

Minecraft:
    Farming equipment ain't weapons!

Also holy shit I love you for that reference

11. SPYROHAWK

SPYROHAWK Head Grand Theorist HERO

Minecraft:
    Oh my gosh! I didn't get the tag notif so I didn't even realize I won!

I've never won a forums event before, and since I'm broke af rn, this is great! (The prize is more LE than I even have XD).

Since the sword is very special to me, existing in my fantasies and being more and more refined over the years.

I know it's got too many abilities to be balanced, and that's acceptable. I mean, who makes an underpowered weapon as their main weapon when they daydream?

I am so amazed you all liked it so much!

If I may give my feedback, the explosion ability was the most recent addition to the sword and is still finicky in my imagination. The ranged slash comes from original iterations of the sword, so I've kind of dropped it most of the time. The ranged attack, shield, and powered-up version are the main attributes, since that basically covers all the bases for whatever enemy might be in whatever daydream.

Just wanted to drop that little bit of background on the abilities, if it means anything. But, as you said, havign a ranged attack and shield in the weapon might be TOO versitile.

orange0402 and valvoid like this.
  12. valvoid

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, I just dont want it to be so versatile that it is the only weapon anybody ever needs/wants. I just need to limit its versatility. However, I think the aura explosion could be awesome, and a unique attribute to the sword.

13. SPYROHAWK

Minecraft:
    Cool!

Also, the probobly no, but are you doing the whole color thing? If not, I know I said light blue or red, but may I suggest red instead of light blue? It goes better IMO

valvoid likes this.
  14. valvoid

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I personally think the light blue would look really cool, but I will try the red out see how it looks. I dont think I will change the color very much in game, might just stick to one or two colors.

SPYROHAWK likes this.
  15. e!

e! ⁣e HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Cool, I'm getting 3 times as much LE than I currently have in my bank.

valvoid and SPYROHAWK like this.
  16. SPYROHAWK

Minecraft:
    Obviously it’s up to you.

Like I said when I made it, I always imagined it taking on the color of whoever was using it. In my little fantasy world the cooperation that made it made all their creations do this, and the compony’s main color was light blue, as the default color was light blue. But, since my favorite color is red, in all my daydreams the sword always has red energy, not blue. So it feels kind of weird seeing it blue, but that’s only because I have this mental image in my head.

But, you might be right, blue might look better. Idk, you are the guy in charge XD.

valvoid likes this.
  17. valvoid

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'll send you pics of both if I get around to modeling it

SPYROHAWK likes this.
  18. e!

e! ⁣e HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wait, you're doing custom models for them too?

19. valvoid

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    maybe o-o not sure yet

20. e!

e! ⁣e HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well if you choose to, the general description of how my item looks is in its lore: a shield-like weapon made out of dragon's wing, and changes its front texture - in main hand it has endercrystal-like blades, and in offhand is covered with bedrock. If you choose not to, you can still make the shield have different banners depending on how you use it, I even left some examples for those.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.