Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info An Update On The 1.17 Update

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Grian, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stag2001

Stag2001 360 mlg hipster cat CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    They were joking. There's probably no official name for this update yet.

CookedPelvis likes this.
  2. ReneCZ

ReneCZ Rene Media CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I got that they were joking :D and I know that there Ain't one, I asked Grian (because of one of the laste three lines in this post) so that he can tell us the name :D

3. CookedPelvis

CookedPelvis Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    We usually won't spoil or leak anything about the update unless it's an intentional teaser. Dont expect real answers about it on this thread.

4. ReneCZ

ReneCZ Rene Media CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I did not, but there still was that 1% chance, when I'd ask, there will t
    Be an answer, instead of 0,00000000783% chance if I didn't ask (I dunno why I chose that number...)

CookedPelvis likes this.
  5. Tntdestroyd

Tntdestroyd Brutally honest VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Tbh, all the re-working of prior builds and adding new ones is great and all . . . but its not what should be focused on. There are some major issues that have been continuously neglected that needs to be taken care of first. The promise it will be fixed, followed by it being sugar coated with more reason's as to why its not being tended to has become extensive. Listen to what the people or your customers are saying. Fix guilds and the coding problems first to insure that quality is shown towards whats already there, THEN add more content. Its been years guys, get it out of the way already.

6. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    A "code refactor" update has been in the works for a while, the aim of the code refactor is to not only fix pretty much all of the major issues present in Wynn, it's aim is to also make a GM's job easier with allowing for more flexibility of content creation, something that is currently not possible due to the way the current code is written.Whether or not it'll be included with the update, we don't know. CT has been perfectly aware of the many issues in Wynncraft, but you can't just fix it right there and that, these things take time.

7. Tntdestroyd

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That again would be in simpler terms, "We know its messed up but its A LOT thats messed up, so were going to just make some more stuff to keep the people entertained and will get to that later",
    I understand if the reply's are to say, "were not just pushing it aside were working on it" but its not the #1 priority. Its been neglected for to long, some people only play wynn for the things that are broken in it, with hopes they are keeping there word and will be fixing the issue soon, but its been years now.

8. colin350

colin350 The Best Admin (duh) HERO CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Going onto what Cruuk said, remember that all CT members aren't code developers (with the exception of me of course :p). Developers are hired explicitly by Jumla (and salted/grian) to write the mechanics you namely see in-game. Our development team isn't something on the scale of Hypixel's or another major network.

In terms of why content keeps coming is to hold the community over while we, the developers, work on the code. The difference between now and when Gavel came out is that it has been made known publicly that refactor is occurring.

Final remarks: The content team cannot control the rate at which code is being written. The one thing they can control is "content" and making that available to everyone quickly is a priority of the content team.

9. Tntdestroyd

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I understand what your saying, but there still is the issue of why is it Jumla and the ones that relate to that team not focusing more directly on it. Content team I agree is doing great, you guys are awesome. This still doesn't change the amount of time these issues have been going on, with everyone preaching to please do it justice and fix what should of been long ago.

10. Ackro

Ackro The true Elite Quadbrid! HERO

Minecraft:
    The code should've been tended to a bit earlier, perhaps yes. But you have to remember that back then there was only Jumla, and now there's the addition of another refactor developer. Refactor is the absolute and only priority to Jumla and Apollo, which is why you won't see much of new mechanics to the game during the refactor work.

You are focusing on when it should've been done, but that's then; the two main devs are taking care of it now.

Content being released has nothing to do with the devs. Content is quests, updated map et.c. which is being made by the Content Team. This takes no time away from devs, because, again refactor is their one and only priority.

You have to understand this that we actually are not one entity. We are not just the Content Team. We are Coders + Content Team, which allows there to be two separate priority lists; one for the coders, one for the CT. So, don't think that we aren't aware and not working, but this is something easier seen if you get yourself behind the scenes, like joining the CT.

11. Tntdestroyd

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No I understand what your saying bout the content team, I get that. I just hope that the matter is being taken more into account than before, the problem has existed long enough and even has made people quit the game itself for it. We want to give Hax a fair fight :p

12. Ackro

Ackro The true Elite Quadbrid! HERO

Minecraft:
    Oh, yeah, you can definitely be sure that the matter is in the right hands right now.

colin350 likes this.
  13. colin350

colin350 The Best Admin (duh) HERO CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Final remarks:

Each member of the development team has a todo list. These todo lists are fairly long. Each member of the development team is only working on said todo list. Each developer has their own role. @Ackro made it clear that Apollo and Jumla are the only two developers assigned to the bulk of the in-game refactor at this time. Aside, I'm assigned to all things web-related refactor. I don't have the accessibility to work on in-game refactor based on my job description at this time.

You also have to remember that developers are hired. It's not volunteer work. It's a part-time job. Jumla is our leader. We can't just be like: 'hey people have been complaining about this, I'm gonna go fix this today'. We have assigned jobs by Jumla which we need to get done by a certain deadline. Each have their own priority.

But to answer a question that needs to be answered: "Why is refactor so important?"

Refactor means optimization of the current codebase. The current codebase isn't optimal and isn't user-friendly. This needs to happen, and it's a good thing that it is.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  14. Tntdestroyd

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    See though, I completely understand what your explaining to me. Tbh, I would have assumed it to be of something of that nature to begin with. What I was more pointing out is, its been years. These issues have been known about for years. That is not anybody saying hey go fix it and expecting it right then and there. They have been saying it for years. I'm sorry if I'm coming off as being rude or as if I don't know anything and just complaining, I a long with many others are nearly giving up on it all together. I just hope for the best and to see something within these next updates regarding that.

**BTW!, since I have some people regarding the website team, just wanted to throw out to you guys just in case, that on the wynncraft.com site, in help and on the Loot tab, if you look where it says Finding Loot Chest, The second sentence starts off with " The hardest it is to find . . ." I think it should be " The harder it is to find . . ." :P

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
    CookedPelvis and Ackro like this.
  15. iSilas

iSilas sucks at running EO CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yay more awesome Stuff for wynn :DD

CookedPelvis likes this.
  16. Giames

Giames Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Already 3 months passed...
    we're still waiting <2+1

17. DerVillager

DerVillager Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Did you really expect it to be different?

ThomAnn100 likes this.
  18. Giames

Giames Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I wouldn't say that but u're right :/
    RIP Hope
    Trunks 1/10/2017

19. DerVillager

DerVillager Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    You mean RIP Hopes 7/2015

20. That_Chudley