Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Generic Fantasy - [5/7]

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by hmtn, Aug 30, 2017.

?

Is the combat system something you want?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmtn

hmtn Archivist of the Realm VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Sifting through the streets, you can see that this cult is not just hiding in the town, it's practically the town. The only non-cultists you can see are the fisherman by the docks and the various adventurers roaming around. Everyone's acting like they cannot see each other though, all for their own reasons. It's been a long day. When you first left that house it was... noon? The sun's setting. You eventually make it to the main tavern in town, situated a bit north of the riverside. Entering, you see a large assortment of adventurers telling stories, cultists getting drunk, and commoners getting drunk while telling stories.

The sun is setting, and from your position, you think that way is actually east. Huh. It takes a while for you to enter the town, sprawling north of a winding river. You see those weird guys marching up to a giant manor built on a hill, sitting on the eastern end of the town. Eh. They can be killjoys. You haven't had alcohol in like 2 hours and it's beginning to be seriously annoying.

It's a while later that you find yourself wandering the streets. You've finally found the tavern, as a sign is hanging on the edge of the street. Many people in this town are wearing black cloaks made much differently than you saw in the tower. Those evil wizards had some color, trim, style. These guys just look like shady figures.. Strange celebration? Eh, it doesn't matter.

You blast open the door of the tavern. It's a very brightly lit place, with a high ceiling and higher spirits. A few people seem like they just got here, like this mouse-person with a rapier and a man in a red cape. A bard in the corner snores after a long day. There are two people in bandages sitting at a table, talking amongst some adventurers. Most importantly, there's bartenders. A brother and sister, they look like, serving drinks.

The sun drops ever downwards, and by the time you two reach the manor, it is nearly below the horizon. The manor itself is situated on a large hill, with the town to its left and the river to its back. Its shape is a large central building with four wings radiating out. It's one of these wings, massive by itself, that you're entering. There's a bell on the front gate.

Running down the street, you decide to test out the ring. Your shoes clear 5 ft. it still hurts on the way down. Quite a bit. Ouch. It doesn't hurt too much, though, and a couple minutes later you find yourself entering a tavern. Looks like you lost them. Your legs still hurt a but, however.

A few people are just sitting down. There's a couple old guys by the bar, including one in this weird blue coat. At the tables you notice... is that the mouse-man?

Vesuia: The room I was just in had nothing. I was coming back early to say that, and it looks like you found some more interesting things.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  2. Tezzeret

Tezzeret You dare bring light to my lair? You must DIE! VIP

Minecraft:
    "..."
    Is the inn a separate place from the tavern?

3. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Eradius: "Give me your strongest alchol, bottle of tequilla, shot of vodka and some information about this town and all these cultists."

4. Hexorcism

Hexorcism warrior class enjoyer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I ring the bell on the front gate.

5. BlueSlimerino

BlueSlimerino Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    First off I'll assess the situation I go sit down by the bartender and get a drink not to look out of place. Around how many people are in the tavern and how many of them are cultists?

6. Florfy5

Florfy5 a person

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Lazarus: "I guess so. I didn't get to check my section because Kyovit snuck up on me, so I guess I'll do that."

7. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Nope. Inns and Taverns are usually interchangeable these days.

[-4 GC: Fog Coast Beer]
    [-3 GC: Elven-Made Vodka]

Bartender: "We don't have any Tequila, as it's rather exotic and incredibly expensive. "
    Well. Looks like you're down to two drinks.

"So do you have any idea where all these cultists are coming from?

The young man's face hardens for a moment, but returns to its jovial state so fast you can barely tell it happened. If it wasn't for your rather good vision, you likely wouldn't have noticed at all.

Bartender: "I don't really know. They just randomly appeared in town about a year ago, and have been setting something up. Weird thing is that it's pretty obvious that they were going for this rusty key item, but it got reburied when a mine next valley over collapsed not that long ago. Some big fight, I hear. No one knows why they haven't packed up their bags and left. Hell, I don't know, and I'm a bartender. I hear everything. Enjoy your drinks"

oh god the beer tastes great

You need to just find out where this stuff is made and just hole up there for the rest of your life.

[-2 GC: Cheap Beer]
    The bartender is talking to this old guy next to you about some key. Wonder what that's about. Eh, it's probably not too important. It's about a minute later that they're finally done, and you order a drink. Just some cheap beer, you don't really have too much in assets right now. Looking around the tavern, there's around 30 people. You'd say roughly half are adventurers, 10 cultists, and the rest just average commoners. Two men who look rather beat-up under their gear are leaving the tavern at this point, saying they need to get on a road to adventure or something. Either way, this beer tastes... well.. it's not terrible, but it certainly isn't good, either.

You search the abandoned room:
    Loot:
    [21] Gold Coins
    Spellbook: Light
    Spell causes objects to be brightly lit within 10 feet of caster, and dimly lit for the next 10, fading into darkness.
    Half-Eaten Biscuit
    Pen
    Inkwell
    [4] Blank Parchment
    Sealed Letter

8. Florfy5

Florfy5 a person

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'll take the gold and spell, and I'll open the sealed letter

9. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    Who could I ask about renting a room?

10. Eirika & Ephraim

Eirika & Ephraim Gone Fishing

... are the rulers of the city okay with 75% of people being cult followers?

I'm sorry. DnD logic is lost on me.

11. Hexorcism

Minecraft:

12. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I ctrl-x'd my draft to say that I am in the middle of writing.
    With how hard it is for ideas to exit my skull, these things usually take 20-30 minutes.
    It's coming.

Also, my clipboard is terrible and now i have to rewrite the whole thing.
    and yes i am shaking with rage

13. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Since this is a brisk, streamlined re-write of the previous replies (see above), I'm actually completing this at a speed comparable more to human capability than, say, that of a garden snail.

The gate swing open. Inside the front courtyard lies a young curly haired man with large spectacles.
    "Are you here for an audience with the Lord? He's not very busy at the moment, so if the matter is urgent I might be able to persuade him to see you."

It rips a bit, but you undo the seal and read the letter.
    You examine the contents of the letter. It's rather short.

For Durokan, Archmage of Gateway Tower:
    Since I have revived the initial half of payment, I have dispatched the requested number of forces for your plan, whatever it is. I've sent this courier out around a half-week before them. Either way, they have explicit orders to obey you until you have completed your latest scheme. These aren't my elite forces, however, I don't trust you enough. Elite or not, however, don't get my men killed. I expect to see the latter half of the payment within 18 months.
    Regards, Faye Knaim, Head of the Imperial Department of Proceedings

Most likely the bartender, as he runs the place.

1) Well Leon [Nem] and Robert [Giga] are about to go see the regional lord and try to answer that exact question.
    2) There are probably a lot of tavern regulars scared and shut in their houses, and Dez [Slime] already uncovered the fact that this is where their boss is.
    3) As the uniqueness of the setting decreases, the odds of it being compared to a D&D setting approaches 1. However, yes, I have played D&D, and it is that weird and illogical.

14. Hexorcism

Minecraft:
    Leon: (whispering, as to hide the booming voice) "The matter is urgent. The city is in danger and the Lord's aid is required."

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  15. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Assistant: "That seems like quite the problem. I'll inform the lord immediately."

You and Robert wait a few minutes as he enters the building and comes out again.
    Assistant: "Good news! He has enough free time to see you."
    You're led down a long main hall before you arrive at a throne room disproportionately large compared to the rest of the structure.
    Assistant: "I present to you, The Lord of the Riverthrone and surrounding valleys, Protector of Men, ruler of Eood and Kyre: Amron Domintread"
    On the throne lies an old man, in his 60s at least, snoring in a chair. The assistant coughs loudly.
    The Lord abruptly wakes up.
    "-Eh? Umm.. Hello, travelers. What is it you came here seeking to tell me?"

16. Hexorcism

Minecraft:
    Leon: (speaking at normal tone and boom now) "Lord of the Riverthrone. It is of utmost urgency that you are informed of the cult invading your city at this moment. You must do something or this valley and all its inhabitants will be attending the mascarade of the damned. Have you no military, none to lead?"

17. BlueSlimerino

BlueSlimerino Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Ok I have two ideas and they depend on if the boss is in the tavern

A. I finish the drink and if the boss is in the tavern I go up to him with a concerned look and say
    Dez:"Boss I don't know if you've been informed but to of our men have been killed"

B. I finish the drink and having no place to stay I ask how much will a room cost

18. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    I go up to the bartender.
    "Hello, there. How much would a room cost?"

19. Florfy5

Florfy5 a person

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Lazarus: "So those robed figures were hired by the archmage..? Hmm... Gateway tower... We should proceed once I'm a little stronger. This could be bad."

20. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I cast charm on the bartender.
    Eradius: "Tell me what you really know."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.