Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Im Team Applications + Item Rebalance Changelog

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Selvut283, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazy_Colonel

Crazy_Colonel Totally Nutz HERO

Minecraft:
    Were going to remove attack speed spell glitch
    NOOOO mage will be unplayable!
    (mage still meta)

Were going to nerf cactus
    But people will stop playing the game because they cant level without putting work in!
    (people are still playing)

Can we just nerf peoples feelings already?

P.S. I am buying Selvut's soul, I heard @JackyKit had it last.

Epicness937 likes this.
  2. T-Flex

T-Flex At the gym HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What if you are not abusing anything and your build still gets ruined?
    If you are playing this game, and you get affect by negative changes, while following every in-game and moral rule, then you have every right to complain. Because it's seriously unfair to spend time on the game (and in some cases even money) just to have constantly negative experience with the gear changes. Things like this could have been avoided if Wynncraft had a whole different approach regarding the gear creating and testing, but it did not. I got shit on with the changes and I didn't abuse anything. Didn't even copy a build, I made my own. I dedicated my time towards this game and basically got shown the middle finger. Haven't played since then, because I refuse to put any more time into the game making builds when they are gonna get ruined again anyway. Stuff like that shouldn't be happening for a game this big, it's embarrassing.

3. OGK

OGK The Grader CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Well this is at least better than nothing, it can go better, or worse. Either way we all know that things are going to get nerfed/buffed or it was going to happen eventually.

Don't think this nerf/buff as a disappointment. However an opportunity. This opportunity can be for new builds that people can work on solo-wise or group-wise. This new update for the armor and weapons is less of a negative but more positive, just look on the side that everyone will seek new builds. People will start to try new things out instead with going to generic builds that have been overused. Judging this update is all fine and that, but at least keep this in mind; Wynncraft is changing! It's not staying broken, buggy, glitchy or whatever you want to call it. It is morphing to something new so that level 101s to 100s can do something else other than just staying there doing nothing and just get rich. In fact this can change a lot of prices and a lot of potential poor people can become a lot more wealthy due to said update.

So in my opinion and hopefully some of you can see this too; That this update is going to be great! More chances to test new things! New things to call the meta! Either way it is our job to explore this, it is our job to find out what is the best. So go out in Wynn and explore it!

If you don't find my opinion agreeable, it is up to you not me, just realize that this is all an opinion or some advice, whatever you want to think. Either way I hope you all have a great day!

-OGK

4. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    I'm really sorry that your builds have been hit hard by the nerfs, all I can do is at least show you the alternatives to Morph-Stardust. (If you don't know of them...)

T-Flex likes this.
  5. T-Flex

T-Flex At the gym HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hey Cruuk. I wasn't talking about stardust, but about old(er) nerfs. Never used stardust tbh. I know there is always a not-so-good substitute, and I already got it, tho that wasn't my point. I had a build I spent a decent amount of time on. Then it got nerfed, then I found a substitute after spending more time. That's my issue. An existence of a relatively big risk that your build will be unusable after a nerf. Builds shouldn't be un-usable after a nerf or a change, just weaker, which wasn't a case for me. I can't be motivated to play the game when nerfs are so hard and grinding isn't rewarding.

6. Crazy_Colonel

Crazy_Colonel Totally Nutz HERO

Minecraft:
    I partially agree with this, I remember when I had a full set of Endgame gear and Bob's weaps were the only Mythics in the game. I also remember the many hours I spent slaving to get the best weapons and armor in he game. But now I have 4 max level classes over 6k chests looted and hundreds of thousands of mobs killed with only 1 mythic to show for my effort. If anything is killing the game it is mythics, not nerfs/buffs.

7. Major_Lue

Major_Lue Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Selvut can't touch mythics in any way. No sense in even talking about it here.

8. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    I can understand, up until now, none of the nerfs have affected me. But this time, the Stardust nerf will likely kill my build, but, my feelings about it killing my build are expressionless and rigid, though that's the way I've been about nearly all situations.

Enough of that trifling ramble, from what I can assume, you've been really unlucky with the nerfs, you find an item, and you want to use it without abuse, but other players who abuse it causes it's nerf. Where am I going with this? Not too sure, but I think you've just had bad luck with item nerfs, as far as I know at least. My build can be considered "meta" by some (It's more of an offensive water damage elemental tank hybrid than anything), and it was only the Stardust nerf that killed it, not the Hive armor SP requirement change.

Fuck I think I've rambled again, well, I can understand the unlucky frustration and fear of nerfs. I don't have much of a solution, other than wait to see what the update offers, since this thread is possibly "preparing" for the update balance-wise, I don't know for sure.

Pokextreme likes this.
  9. yellowscreen

yellowscreen Certified Lurker

Minecraft:
    Next, nerf prism and gemini!

10. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    A prism nerf MIGHT have merits, but I don't really think so

Gemini. Really? That thing is fair

Epicness937 and Major_Lue like this.
  11. Major_Lue

Minecraft:
    no

if selvut nerfs any more skill point stuff it's going to break the game

prisms are fine, they have a pretty high requirement, low raw defences, a pretty significant health debuff and they're a lev 100 legendary ring, which makes finding good ones difficult

gemini is fine due to the stardust nerf taking away skill points and raw defenses both of which gemini needed to thrive on

12. Cosomos

Cosomos Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    If anything needs a nerf it is Corrupted Nii Shako and/or Hive Armor Defenses 50 less for each stat

13. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    Hive has been rebalanced already. Let's give it a try and se

Nii might need a nerf, but it already has low hp

14. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, you know, just 50 across the board, that's totally not absolutely massive for what's meant to be the weakest type of item even among the weakest category of items.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  15. Major_Lue

Minecraft:
    Hive armour

16. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    Except that the point of Hive Armor is to use mainly 1 piece for a build. Prism? You can use 2 of those, and as Selvut said, it's an accessory, which are meant to be weaker when compared to armor. They may have the same tier and level, but both use the word "legendary" very differently, one can found via loot chests, mob drops, or trading, and one can only be gained once per class.

17. JackyCrackers

JackyCrackers Well-Known Adventurer

I'm all for nerfing OP items, especially if they are being widely used and widely abused. However, for future reference, if you're going to nerf an item, please do not do so by raising skill points and thus rendering it entirely useless - nerf the stats! Like others who have posted here, I spent a significant amount of time creating my rainbow build only to have it (and the LE I used to get it) go to waste. While I agree that the build was very OP and needed to be nerfed, this could have been done by lowering stats rather than raising sp requirements and we would still be able to hold onto our items. Now, granted, it's one thing to complain about a glitch exploit being fixed - for this would be an aspect of the game that wasn't intended - but I find it unfair to punish players who have played the game honestly and were merely capitalising on an aspect of the game that was intended, if poorly designed.

Flare2B, T-Flex and Major_Lue like this.
  18. Major_Lue

Minecraft:
    Hive boots are stated to be one of the more offensive pieces of the set, yet it is the boots for elemental defence. That by itself is more insane than prism's defences.

For prisms you use two slots to get minor elemental defences compared to armour, giving up hard damage in the form of intensity/giant's ring etc or massive mana regen. Hive boots give you the most raw elemental defences out of any boots and it's described as an offensive piece. There's no other meta boots that give as much health or defenses as Gaea-Hewn.

And Selvut, I'm not quite understanding why one of the few times you involve yourself in a discussion is to make fun of someone. That aside, you can't nerf prism right after nerfing stardust. I don't think that needs an explanation. The entire system needs rebalancing. Item requirements included. If good items didn't require as much skill points as it does right now, prism and stardust would have never been an issue to begin with. Doing all these changes now fucks the entire community.

...if prism defences are too high for a ring, then why has it been in this state for months?

19. T-Flex

T-Flex At the gym HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I find your reply, or to be more specific, gif, very ironical.

[​IMG]

You even liked Moe's comment about how we should keep things civil and discuss matters in such a way, and yet, your reply is totally the opposite. If no one else is going to say it, I am. You are coming off as rude and arrogant. Lue had a valid opinion, he even explained why he feels so towards the prisms, but what you did is just low and yet another flame war starting comment. If you replied to me in such a manner, I'd be all over you with sarcastic comments. You are a mod, act that way, cause the way I see it, you are showing people how making fun of others is acceptable. Please don't do that again.

20. OGK

OGK The Grader CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    While I find you concerned with this great and I support it, but a lot of people probably missed it and no one really mentioned it from what I have seen. Thank you for catching it but if there is fuel next to the fire, don't kick it in. Saying that I am also at fault for potentially just now helping to kick it in.

Matter at hand, let me say this; Everyone here has their own opinion, none are right, and none are wrong. You can disagree with their opinion but yours is not a fact either. True some nerfs/buffs aren't required but at least it does show that the mods aren't just doing nothing. It shows that they are working on things that we don't know about along with the things that we do know about. Salted controlling the Mythics is something in my taste I do not like. But some people can disagree and say it is fair, that is fine with me but Salted needs to hand over the nerf and buffing of Mythics to more trusted people. People who he, himself can trust the server with other than Jumla and Grian.

-OGK

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    Jacquie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.