Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Im Team Applications + Item Rebalance Changelog

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Selvut283, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    uhhh
    yes

which one depends on the actual roll

2. Giames

Giames Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    could u be more clear ?

3. Pokextreme

Minecraft:
    sure
    A 1.14-1.28 roll on old stardust resulted in a 9

On new stardust, 1.01-1.16 gives you 7, 1.17-1.3 gives 8

Giames likes this.
  4. Chigo_

Chigo_ wtf is a chigo QA CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    :-: why cant you just lower elemental def to 75 and lower health by like 500...

ur killin me here,

Epicness937 likes this.
  5. Cosomos

Cosomos Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    1/7 chance for it to become 7
    6/7 chance for it to become 8

Pokextreme likes this.
  6. Pokextreme

Minecraft:
    because that would still be too strong

7. Chigo_

Chigo_ wtf is a chigo QA CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    God it sucks to have a sp nerf on stardust cus I need sp just like everyone else.

8. YooZee

YooZee Mythic Finder CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Lol, instead of nerfing sht fix Amadel XD

9. LogicalTitan

LogicalTitan Got unbanned. CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    @Selvut283 say if i had a Morph-Stardust with 9 skill points in everything, when the nerf happens will it then have 8 in everything? or will is have something else

10. Pokextreme

Minecraft:

LogicalTitan likes this.
  11. LarzLapiz

LarzLapiz Avos Air Pen HERO

Minecraft:
    thank u selvut

12. kokonut_pi

kokonut_pi ( ~ ' - ' ) ~ HERO

Minecraft:
    I have discussed the topic of elemental tanks previously here.

One of the most prevalent points is the issue of additive boosts as if one rainbow item is all a player will be using. Until an item exists that give +500 Elemental Defense in a single element as well as +50 (now +40) Skill Points in that one element with no downside, there is no justification whatsoever for an item like Stardust to even exist.

What I'm getting at is, you shouldn't be able to get 1500/1500/1500/1500/1500 defenses if you can't get 7500/0/0/0/0.

Legit though I really want you to read my post again and seriously consider it. As it is written by myself there will certainly be bias, but as things stand I completely agree with myself. This sounds narcissistic but I am doing this for the good of Wynncraft. There are insults being thrown around regarding 'rainbow slap', which I actually think is completely justified (albeit wrong) as it is a physical disadvantage to NOT use 'rainbow slap' in the current meta. Just because it's overused doesn't mean it doesn't deserve the usage. It hella does, and it shouldn't.

Oh and try harder to convince Salted to hand over the right to balance Mythics.

#BalanceWynn

13. Nukewarmachine

Nukewarmachine emerald tier above LE when VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    When would these changes be applied?

14. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    Likely when the update releases, the Hive Armor still has requirements of 33 in-game as far as I know.

15. Moe_Ronickah

Moe_Ronickah Traveling through hyperspace . . .. CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I've been trying to steer clear of this, however, now I have to say something. I have a very carefully chosen assassin build that lets me use multiple pieces of armor, and multiple weapons, none of which are Hive or Mythic. With the nerf of morph-stardust, I lose all of my armor, and almost all of my weapons. I will not be able to play my Lv100 assassin, as it is. I will need to find all new armor for it and/or reset all of my stats. Something here is amiss.

Slayne, Love and dollys like this.
  16. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    What about Blue Mask? if you don't like it's low health you can also use The Modulator (May only give the same SP as post-nerf Stardust, but has much more lenient requirements), or Shimmersight (Only gives up to 6 in each skill point but has no skill point requirements)

upload_2017-9-4_22-38-38.png upload_2017-9-4_22-39-9.png upload_2017-9-4_22-39-37.png

17. Moe_Ronickah

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Morph Stardust, as far as I was aware, was supposed to be a trade-off between the upper limits of skill point boost of the Blue Mask with it's very low health points (even for it's level), and lower skill points, for decent health points (for the Stardust's level). Throw in some manna regen, and the defense boosts were a bit high. Now, the Stardust is nearly useless for the generalized, but weak, assassin build that I have. No manna regen, and 2500 less health on the BM.

I'd need a nearly perfect modulator to use it. 900 less health isn't a real problem, but my assassin needs all of the manna regen that I can get.

Shimmersight? Just not enough skill points, even if I was lucky enough to get a perfect one, without re-balancing my build, and losing the use of many of the weapons that I use.

Why do I need so many different kinds of weapons? If I wanted to make a single-purpose, highly specialized build, I could, but I prefer not to do so.

Slayne, Love and dollys like this.
  18. SilverMirror

SilverMirror Retired IM HERO

Minecraft:
    This one sentence right there summarised how the developers expect us to make builds vs how the community actually make builds

19. Moe_Ronickah

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If it's a flame war that you are looking to start, don't.
    If it's a nasty insult that you want to throw at someone, don't do it on Wynn.

20. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    Except that the intention wasn't to restrict players, it was to fix an item that was very obviously dominating the meta because of how applicable it was for every part of the game, an item like that shouldn't even exist. I don't see developers expecting players to make certain builds only and not think outside the box, I see players abusing a meta, which has ravaged the game's difficulty and actual variance in builds by creating a cookie-cutter set of items which are useful anywhere and everywhere and everyone has gotten use to, which was created solely because of a simple fluke within balancing.

Now that someone is slowly ridding the world of this awful and boring meta, people get upset? I wonder why. Maybe people are upset because they'll have to actually think when making a build instead of always going for the meta, which, of course, is really popular not because it's blatantly overpowered and makes any other items with a similar function obsolete!!! If you let a "meta" set of items conquer the game, it's probably going to stagnate the game and eventually kill it.

TL;DR Fuck the meta and what it's done to the game.

Undiscovered and BethJerry like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.