Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Im Team Applications + Item Rebalance Changelog

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Selvut283, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Epicness937

Epicness937 Thesead water god. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ive nodiced but...like...really please

2. Risu

Risu Famous Adventurer

Maybe everyone should go with poison build?

Pyromanic likes this.
  3. Brasnar

Brasnar Gavel Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Where are the cata nerfs?

Epicness937 likes this.
  4. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    Here comes the salt.

EDIT: Oh wait I use Morph-Stardust, I guess I'll be a mature person and search for alternatives once the update releases.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2017
    PatrickIsAdopted likes this.
  5. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    Poison is only hugely effective at Pvp, which is not a main focus of the game.
    Cataclysm being too strong, if it even is, is a symptom of the current meta of Overpowered rainbow defense.

6. PatrickIsAdopted

PatrickIsAdopted My name is jeff HERO

Minecraft:
    xDDDDDDD

7. Maarcus

Maarcus The best Kartoffel on wynn CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    lel is this not normal ?

8. Pokextreme

Minecraft:
    I think that one already applied?

9. Risu

Risu Famous Adventurer

Every balance is like a nightmare . rip stardust

297 others and Chun_ like this.
  10. CalAnders

CalAnders Keeps track of days - Like a calendar CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Is there a way to dislike? Why u gotta nerf everything!!! This is literally just making it worse for players... No one likes the nerfs as it kinda ruins the game for a lot of people.

Also, Taurus? REALLY? Taurus should receive a buff if anything. First of all, nobody really uses Taurus so thats basically useless. Second of all, 1,000+ extra melee damage isn't that awesome when you have super slow attack speed no matter what.

Finally, people have been saying that they want Inferno, Archangel, Pure to receive buffs too..!

Two of my friends have quit because their favorite items have been nerfed.

@Selvut283 I have nothing against you. But I have something against how you change wynncraft's items.

Listen to the people of wynncraft. Don't just nerf items you think might need to receive a nerf because a lot of items don't. The vast majority of people on wynncraft believe that it's the nerf of items that have ruined it. I know this is very directed at you Selvut, but you seem to be the GM that ruined wynncraft. This is my opinion but ever since you because a GM, you have added some wonderful items to the game, but ruined a few of my favorite and some of the most widely popular items. Such as Chesplate of Ineptitude. The +2 Tier I suppose could have been nerfed down to +1 but the melee % I think would compensate for what you did do to it. You completely ruined that chest plate for a lot of players. Please keep this in mind when you're nerfing/buffing items.

Sincerely,

~ CalAnders

Risu likes this.
  11. Pokextreme

Minecraft:
    1) Selvut can't change mythics
    2)Your friends clearly didn't like the game that much if they weren't even will ing to keep changing after a small change that makes the game more enjoyable and fun for the majority
    3) Selvut has been. MSD, Hive items, and many more were things commonly asked from the community
    4) Chestplate of inept couldn't have been nerfed like that, and it was stronger then many legendaries. it was way to strong. It is still very much usable.

Edit: I personally, and many others like the nerfs, as they are required to keep the game functioning on an atlas fair power level.

12. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    Selvut can't even touch Mythics, only Salted can, unfortunately.

The rainbow tank meta kinda ruins the game for a lot of people. It ruins the game itself. It's like a Leech that sticks itself to your behind without you noticing until it's too late.

Did their favorite items happen to be items that were formerly considered overpowered by the community? If so, that's what happens when you jump on the bandwagon of OP items.

Pokextreme likes this.
  13. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is why I stopped using "meta" items. Its common knowledge at this point that whatever is strong will eventually get nerfed, or changed because it abuses some bug. Lets all just be happy that morph-stardust was cheap as shit and we won't really feel scammed due to this nerf. (By this I mean the helmet itself didn't cost tons of LE or require completion of an absurd quest.

14. Pokextreme

Minecraft:
    I wish

I can see the complaints now

and they are kind of justified, but in the end it was needed.

Thank you selvut. =D

15. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    Actually, Morph-Stardust is part of my build, and it seems that this nerf (and the Hive nerf) will kill my build (unless I get better STR and DEF IDs on my Morph-SD). But do you see me being a whiny little bitch about it? No.

16. Risu

Risu Famous Adventurer

We need a long time to build and collect item , Then they can easily destroy your build in no time, I have little incentive to build, cuz the balance is very unfriendly. god damn They never need players to vote

297 others and dollys like this.
  17. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm not in charge of Mythics. Last time I nerfed it, Salted overrode the important changes I made to it so it's still crazy overpowered, even if less-so than before. I can't help you with those.

Taurus received buffs due to the skill point increase, which was a very minor increase anyway.

Fire Defense: -150 -----> -50
    Water Defense: -100 -----> -50
    Melee Damage: 20% -----> 34%
    Strength Points: 10 -----> 11
    Raw Melee Damage: 1000 -----> 1250

A lot of these issues are due to a fundamental aspect of the game that I cannot change and restricts me so heavily when working around builds: Identification Rounding.

See, positive IDs always round up no matter what. 1.01=2, so any ID that's never meant to go above 1(such as attack tier) can hit 2 and become a game breaker, and I have no control over this. There is no way to change this without adjusting a fundamental system of the game.

On the flip side, negative IDs alwauys round DOWN no matter what. 0.99=0! This means we can't effectively give an item a -1 in anything, cause it's a 50% chance that the drawback just won't appear.

Now, one of the reasons these items are so popular is because they're so overpowered, so everyone wants to use them. If they're overpowered, they need a nerf. "But why not just bring everything else up to their level? Buffs are better than nerfs!" Cause the complaints about the game being too easy are constant. If we brought up all the items to the level of power that most people clamour for, the game would have zero challenge in it anymore, and bringing up the mobs would force us to have to rebalance more than 3500 entities and recreate the entire game's balance straight up from scratch, in essence. That versus nerfing a few items people might like? It's no contest.

I'm always fretting over whether or not I should nerf an item or not. If I do, it's cause I really think it will help the game in the long run. In no cases have I seen an item truly "ruined forever" by a nerf, because I strive to make sure any item is at least usable. Yes, even Gravity. I hate it when people leave over their items getting nerfed, but unfortunately it's a necessary evil cause I fucked up and need to fix my mistake.

18. Shiroe

Shiroe Read My Signature to Discover A New World

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bm > stardust?
    nice.

19. Bleiiz

Bleiiz The Hole Finder HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    well rip my build

20. Giames

Giames Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    so if i have a 9 value on each sp on stardust it'll become 8 or 7 ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.