Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Generic Fantasy - [5/7]

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by hmtn, Aug 30, 2017.

?

Is the combat system something you want?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmtn

hmtn Archivist of the Realm VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Alright. You saw the title. You know what's in store.

The point of the game is an rp doing whatever's the most fun for you in a highly standardized fantasy setting. I totally have evil plans, but will work them off your backstory if you give me one.

Your Character
    Your character can pretty much be whatever you want, just stay within reasonable limits and don't go completely off the deep end with your shiny new "Undead Half-Angel-Half-Elven Werewolf Ninja Pirate".
    The theme skews towards the comedic, but if you have a desired other style I'll do my best as an imperfect human to adapt to it. High fantasy epic? Gritty, down to earth crime drama? Political intrigue? Theme's set by you.
    Our currency is Gold Coins.

really, it's called Generic Fantasy what currency were you expecting
    You'll get 10 of them at the start, and you'll spontaneously materialize somewhere near-ish everyone else. If people spread out a ridiculous amount, it'll just be somewhere random.
    How you both have a backstory and spontaneously materialize for the first time at a location is something yet unclear and will probably not be explained. Just roll with it.
    You don't have a backstory or a set personality when you begin. The character application is left intentionally open-ended in order for you to grow the character you find the most fun to play.

I mean, you could PM me your entire backstory, if that's your flavor of info-dumping.

The Setting
    The setting is weird and generic at the same time. Info about it is just sort of cobbled together by me and other players, and information isn't straightforward. If you want to find it, digging around on this post, this whole thread, and the reference thread are your best bets. If your character heads down some path they'll learn more about it, but mostly it's reading in between the lines.
    The basics of setting are that most sovereign states/regions are vaguely separated by race for dubious/generic reasons. You'll likely find all races everywhere, just higher concentrations in certain areas.

Mainly, there is a large but thin human empire spanning the northern chunk of the (so far) main continent. It's usually just called ''The Empire", and is fairly neutral overall.

The high elves are also highly mysterious, and their system of governance is unknown. However, they are in constant war against the creatures of something called the bloodwood, which is essentially a localized and worse version of wynn's corruption (It's only in elven lands and forests) caused by quite evil magic.

The dwarves live in a massive mountain range known as The Wall on the southern border of the human empire. They are known to be highly reclusive and secretive, although they let other races use some aboveground mountain passes. If you're not a dwarf, their heavy drinks can and probably will kill you.

There are other regions, like the Fog Coast, Death Marsh, Great Desert, Shattered Jungle, which are detailed a tiiiny bit more if you check around. Nobody's actually visited them yet, though, so you can retroactively create them in your backstory if you really want to.

The Rules
    Official rule list. Pure anarchy doesn't make for a fun time. While I might be more inclined to trust people on this forum, it doesn't hurt to be safe.

If you figure out a loophole, I'll permit it as long as it doesn't get overused. Overusing things will make the game less fun. A less fun game will not be tolerated.

1) If you make a fight club, you don't talk about fight club.
    2) If you make a fight club, you don't talk about fight club.
    3) You have to stay self-consistent and reasonable with actions. Sure, you can make stuff up if you want, but follow your own rules. Anything that breaks the suspension of disbelief will make the game less fun. A less fun game will not be tolerated.
    4) Your characters must be created on equal footing - You're not a novice, but certantly not very amazing. (Set by Teh_Swashbuckler). Any godmodded character applications will make the game less fun. A less fun game will not be tolerated.
    5) Making your character ludicrously overpowered after creation however, is allowed. (This includes retroactively - see? loophole. Thank super_m.) This will just make the enemies you face stronger, too. Me not putting the enemies on equal footing will be a personal failure of mine and make the game less fun. A less fun game will not be tolerated.
    6) Have fun, and bring a good attitude to the thread. Don't be terrible. Being terrible will make the game less fun. A less fun game will not be tolerated.
    7) No metagaming. This will make your characters less believable and less fun. A less fun game will not be tolerated.
    8) No arcane healing spells. They will break the so-far established rules of magic, and that's what divine magic is for. Attempting an arcane healing spell will kill your character and make the game less fun. A less fun game will not be tolerated.

All infractions, especially on rule three, will make the game less fun. A less fun game will not be tolerated.
    If you want to join and it's full, character slots may open up in the future if someone leaves, people are ridiculously inactive, or I decide I can handle the load.

Without further ado, the application. Impress me with your awesome. Not making an interesting character will make the game less fun. A less fun game will not be tolerated.

Name:
    Race:

Note: If this thread goes up, it means I've went off the deep end and actually decided to do this. Rip my sanity, died 2017.

Here is a link to the Reference Thread. It contains massive infodumps and random info about the setting, along with character summaries. An advantage of the slower format is that I can document nearly everything the characters do, and have them there in quick recap form.

Here is the Skill/Spell Counter, used for tracking increases in character stats. It's rudimentary, but it's there.

Here are some maps of what has been explored so far.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Schedule:
    On non-breaks, a big 'ol response post
    roughly every 24 hours, US Central from 6:00 P.M. -- 2:00 A.M. (basically my evenings). That one is guaranteed. Moving into summer, I will also randomly post at different times through the day.
    If I forget, then I'm clearly skipping out on my update schedule, slowly falling further into an abyss, and leaving this rp to die. Homework loads or sick days can't possibly be an adequate explanation for a failure of that level, and if it ever happens I will hang myself as a disgrace.

Characters:
    Note: Compared to human ages, Mousefolk are x1/10, Giants are x1, Lizardfolk are x1, Elves are x10, and Angels are x100. Age multiplier of half-breeds are the average of their parents. Characters listed in order of joining.
    User: Tezzeret
    Race: Mousefolk
    Vitality: 29[28]
    Equipment: Frost Rapier [+2, +5 against heat-based enemies], Buckler [-1], Bandanna, Clothes, Cape, Grappling Hook, Death Squad Knife #4 [+4 dmg, +3 vit]
    Skills: Point-Blank Incision, Quick Basic Attack, Unfair Strikes, Mid-Battle Thievery, Evasion, Improved Sneak Attack, Highway Robbery, Point-Blank Incision, Bloodletting, Double Strike
    Satchel: Broken Shortsword, Eood Valley - A History, Supernatural Charm Necklace, [18] Bone Throwing Knives [+0], Bloody Scarf, Minor Health Potion [+1/5 rounds], Tinderbox, Amulet

Giant Bag: Nice Painting [20 GC], Bar of Gold [35 GC], Jewel-Studded Ceremonial Dagger [15 GC], Old Tome [4 GC], [3] Unlit Torches, 1/3 Pound of Jewlery [45 GC], Ornate Rapier [+1]
    Gold Coins: 8
    User: BlueSlimerino
    Race: Lizardfolk
    Vitality: 30[30]
    Equipment: Clothes, Bandanna, Violin [Focus, +1], Death Squad Knife 14 [+3 dmg, +2 Vit], Cultist Cloak,
    Magic Items: Ring and Boots of Jumping, Pendant (???), Ring of Vitality [+3 Vit], Gloves of Vitality [+5 Vit], Cloak of ???
    Skills: High Pitch, Higher Pitch, Encouraging Words, Narcissism, Distracting words, Mockery, Driven by music
    Bag of Holding: Spellbooks (Spiritual Agony. Floating Blade, Antimagic Shell, Identify), Gold Ring, Scroll of Feather Falling, Ink Pen, Journal, Portable Hand, Bastard Sword of Apparent Value [+???], Death Squad Outfit, [54] Various Magic Items
    Spells: Charm Person II, Hold Person, Flame Strike III [15 Dmg], Basic Illusion I, Counterspell I, Invisibility I, Quicksand I, General Ward II, Blade of Wind I, Weave Knot I, Spiritual Agony I [7 Dmg], Alter Self I
    Gold Coins: 126
    User: SuperM
    Race: Human
    Vitality: 15[15]
    Equipment: Magical Wallet [Can store items if sub-total weight is not higher then 50 pounds], Lesser Ring of Magical Potency [+1 Magic Dmg], Lesser Ring of Magical Defense [-1 M Dmg, +1 M Def], Lesser Ring of Strength [+1 Max Vitality], Silver Ring, Tome of Arcane Knawledge [Main Focus], Shoes
    Magic Wallet [21 Lbs]: Ritual Knife [+1, Potential Focus] [1 lbs], Chunk of Dead Guy [1 lb], Spellbook of Alter self [1/3 Lbs], [2] Basic potions (+1 vit/round, to 5, 2/3 lb), Bread, Bloody Scythe [+2, 5 lbs], Shard of Ruby, [7] Refined Gemstones [1/3 LB], [479] Crude Nails [10 Lbs], [17] Small Hammers [3 Lbs]
    Spells: Sleep, Lightning II [7 Dmg], Charm Person I, Color Change, Delayed Bomb II, Invisibility III, Alter Self I
    Other Notes: Alcoholic. When sober, stronger but easier to anger. When drunk, less prone to rage with weaker magic and coordination.
    Gold Coins: 42
    User: Magnificent
    Race: Frost Giant
    Vitality: 35[35]
    Equipment: Freezing Blade [+3]
    Arms:
    Skills: Basic Attack, Strong Attack
    Gold Coins: 2
    User: Tsu
    Race: Spirit (Human)
    Vitality: 10[10]
    Equipment: White Cloak (S), Geta (S), Warding Pendant, Belt of Normal +0, Scroll of ???
    Bag of Holding: [32] Magic Items
    Gold Coins: 4
    Souls: 9
    User: N/A
    Race: Cat(?)
    Vitality: ???
    Equipment: Damage Pendant
    What is this cat's deal?
    (I don't actually know Tsu hasn't told me yet)

User: SeeksarianZxSery
    Vitality: 10 [10]
    Equipment: Spellcasting Guide for Dummies (book), crude pewter ring, carving knife
    Gold: 10
    Achievements [Given when somebody does something noteworthy]:

First Blood: Be the first in the RP to kill someone.
    "Yeah get ready for a lot more of this."
    Claimed by Thorston Elwood [Teh_Swashbuckler]

Ultimate Moderate Arcane Power!: Rank up a spell.
    "In the latest development of magic news, an OP protagonist actually had to practice to get good at magic. We're stumped too."
    Claimed by Eradius [Super_M]

[PLAYER] Has Left The Game: Rather self explanatory.
    "We hardly knew ye."

User: Nem
    Race: Human(?)
    Equipment: Dark Plate Armor, Mace, Large Cape [Galaxy Design], Tower Shield
    Large Pack [Full]: Rations, Pen & Paper, Blue 6-Sided Die, Wooden Cane, Gnarled Wand [Magic Focus], Blood Axe of Hatred, Appointment Book, Ring of Persuasion, Bent Plate Armor, Plate Armor, Greatsword, Longsword, Rusty Key
    Spellbook: [Iron Skin]: Skin of caster is hardened to a point comparable to iron, Leather Armor
    Other Notes/Abilities: Had Large-Scale Divination Abilities.
    Gold Coins: 13
    User: Florfy5
    Race: Angel
    Vitality: 8[8]
    Equipment: Katana [+1], Throwing Knives [+0], Clothes, Spellbook [Magic Focus]
    Skills: Basic Attack, Strong Attack, Parry
    Basic Satchel: Food, Silver Ring, Silver Rod, Gold Necklace, Spellbook: Light, Red and Gold Coat, Wooden Wand, Lump of Gold, Gold-Plated Harp, Everlasting Candles, Crystal Ball
    Spells: Heal [+5 Vitality]
    Gold Coins: 63
    User: Gigavern
    Vitality: 13[7]
    Equipment: Air Spear [+2], Earth-Air Armor [-4], Maw [+5]
    Skills: Bash III [3+III dmg], Charge III [1+III Dmg], Uppercut III [4+III Dmg], War Scream III [0+III Dmg]
    Waterskin: Full
    Gold Coins: 41
    User: Reti
    Race: Elf
    Vitality: 10 [10]
    Equipment: Longbow [+1], Shortsword [+1], Staff [+1]
    Skills: Basic Attack, Strong Attack, Parry
    Backpack: Rope, Elvish Amulet, Spare Elven War Paint
    Gold Coins: 10
    User: Azura
    Vitality: 29[28]
    Equipment: Recurve Wood Bow [+1], Silver Cloak, Clothes
    Skills: Ranged Attack, Reaching Shot, Multishot
    Spells: Flame Strike I [2 Dmg], Flame burst [15 dmg to self, 20 dmg to target], Flame Aura
    Gold Coins: 5

User: Not-Acutally-A-Doctor Zed
    Race: Hobbit
    Vitality: 25[25]
    Equipment: Formal (enough) Wear, Small Knife [+0 dmg]
    Satchel: Rake, shovel, gardening gloves, Book of Necronomicon, Incense, Gunpowder, Dark Red robes, Cow Bones, Key, 7 bars of gold [70 GC]
    Spells: Life Leech I, Raise Undead
    Gold: 10

Generic Adventurer Calling Card: Cause untold amounts of property damage.
    "They wrecked a city! Burned it to the ground!"
    Claimed by Dez [BlueSlimerino] and Eradius [SuperM]

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    SUPER M and Tisaun like this.
  2. Tezzeret

Tezzeret You dare bring light to my lair? You must DIE! VIP

Minecraft:
    Name: Thorston Elwood
    Race: Mousefolk
    Age: 2 years, 3 months (Mousefolk don't live very long. This is the equivalent of a 19-year-old human.)
    Starting Gear: Short sword, buckler, bandanna, clothes, cape, grappling hook

How does this sound?

3. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Accepted.
    However, the toothpick sized sword and Mousefolk being ~2 Feet tall (to my knowledge) doesn't match up. Please clarify in your reply.

You randomly materialize hanging off the side of a building. Your arm is slipping, and slipping fast. The fall is 20 feet, which would be bad enough for a full-size human, and you're a fraction of that.
    The street down below is made of rough gravel, with a tiny strip of grass to the side.
    Above the ledge you so perilously hang on is a slanted roof. You cannot see any exits into the building below on it, but maybe your vantage point is just terrible. 5 feet below you and to the sides lie closed windows.

NOTE - DUE TO TODAY BEING THE LAUNCH DAY, I WILL BE AVAILABLE. SUBSEQUENT WEDNESDAYS, HOWEVER, WILL FOLLOW THE SCHEDULE .

Last edited: Sep 3, 2017
  4. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    The sword is a more normal size for a Mousefolk, then, although it's still thin.

How slick is the wall the building is on, and how far does the side stick out?

5. SoulReaper11

SoulReaper11 The meh guy VIP+

Minecraft:
    This sounds fun but I don't think I can be active enough 4 it. :(

6. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's made of a rather roughly cut wood, making getting a grip easier. However, the ledge only sticks out from the building a couple inches.

7. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    I attempt to pull out my grappling hook and attach it to the ledge, if I can.

8. Florfy5

Florfy5 a person

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well, why not.

Name: Elfy McElface
    Race: Elf
    Starting Gear: Shortsword, weed, dopamine vial, clothes, food

Wait, crap, wrong application. Ignore that. One second...

Name: Lazarus (Not actually his real name, he keeps his a secret)
    Race: Angel (What did you expect, a demon? Sportaflop?)
    Starting Gear: Katana, Throwing Knives, Clothes, Food, Spellbook (has one spell)

That ok, m8?

9. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Accepted.
    Not telling me what the spell is so that it can be whatever you want when you need it is a nice touch

You randomly materialize inside a tavern. It's bustling with activity, people talking and drinking to their heart (and liver)'s content. There's a bard in the corner telling some story about a legendary hero of someplace. You can't really hear him over everyone else.
    The bartender's a young looking man, can't be more than 20. He's pouring drinks for a group at the bar. A lady is walking through the tavern selling food and drink - his sister, perhaps? They look similar.
    There's multiple people in dark hoods looking all ominous. Every single corner table has at least one.
    What will you do?

It's a risky move. As you pull out your grappling hook, you fall off the ledge. However, your throw lands perfectly. You pull yourself up the rope. The roof is made out of the same rough wood as the wall, easily letting you climb it. There's a chimney, a ladder, presumably going down to the ground, and a hatch into the building.

10. Florfy5

Florfy5 a person

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    #TopTierTactics

Lazarus: "Those hooded people look... Suspicious..."

I'll order a beverage (non-alcoholic) and sit near one of the people in dark hoods. I'll see what I can pick up on.

11. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The only non-alcoholic beverage they serve is water. The cup sets you back [1 Gold Coin].
    You sit at a table near one of the back corners. Two of the dark-hooded guys are less than a foot and a half away from you.
    Over the loudness of the tavern, you can't hear everything, but you do catch some snippets:

"-ve of them, I heard"
    "-ig fight at the mines the other day. Split and stole it, I he-"
    "-ers just found it too, wh-"
    "- Be too subtle-"
    "Quite the hook, I wonde-"

12. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Schedule Announcement - I will be unavalible for ALL of Friday, September 1st, due to Eid al-Adha. Feel free to submit character applications and character actions during that time, I will simply not respond.

13. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    I remove and put away my grappling hook, while on the roof, and climb towards the hatch.

14. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You climb up to the hatch. It is unlocked, so you can open it with ease.
    From under you you hear the sound of multiple people talking about something. However, this being a 2-story building, you can barely hear them. Judging by how the sounds are muffled, they're probably on the first floor. Dropping from the hatch is a ladder into a room with a lot of boxes and chests. There's a bunch of broken cobwebs and disturbed dust, suggesting this place used to be abandoned but is now in use.

15. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    I go to the ladder leading to the bottom of the building.

16. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Schedule Announcement: I've been freed up for the rest of today. I'll be unavailable Saturday until the scheduled time, though. Sunday, however, will be free.

You scurry over to the ladder. It's made out of a hopefully stable-looking rope, and it descends down all the way to ground level.
    The ground itself is rather flat. There's a tree over on that corner, looking old and gnarled, branches twisting up dozens of feet. it's a wonder you didn't see it from the roof.
    The edge of the property has a small stream. From what you can see from the top of the roof, it's coming from a large forest a couple hundred feet away from the building. Looking in the other direction, you see a large town about half a mile away. The road in front of the house you saw leads to it.

17. Tezzeret

Minecraft:
    K

I go back to the hatch and drop down.

18. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You're in the storage room. There are boxes and chests scattered all around you. There's a door on the far wall and one to your side. A stack of boxes in the corner looks like it was moved here recently. The rest of them could have credibly been here since the beginning of time, for all you know. The voices continue talking, and now you can hear some of their words. They're talking about... some kind of plan they need to pull off today. It's still a but muffled.

19. Florfy5

Florfy5 a person

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Lazarus (thinking): Hmm? Something at the mines? I'll listen a bit more. Maybe more snippets will help.

20. hmtn

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You edge a little closer. You can hear everything now!

"- So it's gonna be fine. We have some people stationed a bit north of here, and we already have thr-"

The man speaking abruplty stops. He is looking directly at Lazarus.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.