Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Guide How To Install Wynntils And Wynn Expansion (v2.0.2)

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by CringeAura, Jul 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CringeAura

CringeAura Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    v1.1.2
    - A few things have been added to the Agreements section
    - Attempted to make the Changelog section more organized

2. PotatoShaga

PotatoShaga Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    very confused, I'm on windows 10 and I don't see any of the buttons. Also my parents use another account on the same computer so some of it is in another language. I always see a meesage pop up and I'm assuming its meaning that it cant find it and suggest for me to search it somewhere else

3. CringeAura

Minecraft:
    Hey, please describe your issue and I will do my best to assist you with your current problem.

4. PotatoShaga

Minecraft:
    so I can go on the page and clicker installer, then I click skip add, but on the bottom there are 3 options in another language. I used trail and error to determine that the three are 1. Download 2.Save(1. onto a random file or something 2. brings you to the file its stored in 3. saves onto a bar that appears on the right side of my screen taking up all the space like a strip) 3. cancel
    if I try to double click/open the file it says something else I don't understand and underneath theres a option to I'm guessing 'search" it, they have auto selected the app store, and it searches I think jar.
    theres also the internet but I have two internets icons, one works and one doesn't, and it goes to the broken version. I got forge once as I searched in forge and got a 1.7.10 version but not 1.11
    I tried putting the wynncraft expansion folder in the .minecraft mods but nothing happens. I have curse/twitch and am on windows 10 if it helps

5. CringeAura

Minecraft:
    For the first part of your problem about language issues, that I can't really help you on since your parents have set something up with it. Second, you're not supposed to open the jar file. Third, you need 1.11.2 of Forge (not 1.11). Lastly, you don't need the Twitch client. In fact, I strongly suggest uninstalling it if you have no other use for it.

I think I still don't understand so images would be appreciated.

6. PotatoShaga

Minecraft:
    how do I get pictures?

7. CringeAura

Minecraft:
  8. PotatoShaga

Minecraft:
    Thanks I think I got it
    1.click installer
    2.skip ad
    3.this comes up Untitled.png
    4. if you click second option(I think means save) 3 more places to save come up
    5.clicking the first option in the second option brings up this(the more button gives options like chrome, iTunes, media players)
    6. the second option in the first option does nothing. (I think saves it to a folder)
    7.last option in the second option brings up a place where its stored. clicking on it brings up step 5

Attached Files:

9. CringeAura

Minecraft:
    I believe you do not have Java installed. Try downloading Java and see if you get a different Step 3. https://java.com/en/download/

10. PotatoShaga

Minecraft:
    I do have java installed though
    don't you need it to play minecraft?

11. MOOOSH

MOOOSH MOOO!

Minecraft:
    In step 5, click the first option 'open', it should look like this:'打开', then follow the instructions in the guide.
    If there is anything that you don't understand, you can ask me, I understand Simplifed Chinese.

CringeAura likes this.
  12. CringeAura

Minecraft:
    I tried playing without Java when I formatted my hard drive and I installed Minecraft first. Tried and it worked, somehow.

13. PotatoShaga

Minecraft:
    when I click it the jar. thing comes up. then it tells me to try like chrome or what ever.
    I'm thinking that when it opens the jar just comes regardless also my javas in Chinese too but I already know its updated. I updated a while back and set it to always update whenever possible.

14. CringeAura

Minecraft:
    You're not supposed to open the jar file. You're supposed to drag the file into your mods folder.

15. PotatoShaga

Minecraft:
    where? I did windows key+ r and put in %appdata% then I went to minecraft and mods and put it in. nothing happened?

16. CringeAura

Minecraft:
    Have you tried opening Minecraft yet? Make sure you're using Forge 1.11.2 (build 2269+).

17. PotatoShaga

Minecraft:
    I openen minecraft, what does the build mean. Also, I really appreaciate your help and its very kind of you to help me. :D

CringeAura likes this.
  18. MOOOSH

MOOOSH MOOO!

Minecraft:
    I think @PotatoShaga is trying to install forge.
    His/Hers computer doesn't seem to have Java Installed?
    PotatoShaga should try to right click and select ''Open File'' and it should bring up a thing to let you select the program to open forge, select Java after you have it, that should bring up the installer. Otherwise, you probably don't have Java installed.

CringeAura likes this.
  19. PotatoShaga

Minecraft:
    I'm a him. I do have java installed. if I search it up it comes and I have the lastest version

20. CringeAura

Minecraft:
    Build means the version of Forge 1.11.2. Say when Forge 1.11.2 first comes out, it's build number is 1 (not the actual build number). Then, an update is released for Forge 1.11.2 and its build number is now 2 (again, not actual build number).
    This may be the case but Potato has confirmed he has Java installed.

@PotatoShaga If you're trying to install Forge, you WILL need to open the jar file and follow the Forge installation instructions from my guide. If you still get the same problem, please start the process all over again. When you complete one step, take a screenshot so I know what happens after each step.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.