Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Serious Debate: Was The Pre Gavel Item System Better?

Discussion in 'Nemract's Bar' started by Yuno F Gasai, Jul 24, 2017.

?

Which item system was better

1. Pre gavel

30.5%
  2. Gavel w/o powders

5.3%
  3. Gavel w/ powders

64.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Football22

Football22 you'll do fookin nuttin

A warrior can't play a ranged glass cannon and an archer can't play an effective melee tank. The premise of every class is the same, there isn't a variation. Archer is a ranged, high damage class; warrior is a tank; assassin is a melee high dps class; mage is a support class. The play style of each class now varies more, as you can focus on whether you are use speed mainly, melee or spells, however it doesn't change the basic premise of every class. An archer will never be a good tank and likewise an assassin will never be a useful support

2. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I never said classes didn't exist, and frankly your wrong.
    a few examples of yours. archer can easily tank, and while you say it isn't good, that's because of your thinking of tank in the wrong way. archers can due most arrows, using spells like an escape, and if they have a tank build, they can take a hit and keep going. while this isn't how most people would play a tank, it's still a viable way to play a tank build.
    as for assassin, they can easily support, while they don't have heal, they still have 2 out of 3 support abilities, you can easily put water powders on a tank assassin, and have them do support dmg, while debuffing the mob, and trying to tank for the rest of the team, and while he would be able to heal, supplying buffs and debuffs, are still a basic way of supporting.
    while the last one, warrior, is harder to say you can do so. I mean I suppose you could, it wouldn't be very effective but yes, you could.
    which is why class systems shouldn't be in a game in the first place, someone's class should further develop depending on their play style as they go along.
    and while this class system isn't perfect, it's still better than what it was, which before limited you to 4 play styles, now allows you to do differnt play styles no matter the class, even if it isn't as effective, it can still be viable.

3. Football22

Football22 you'll do fookin nuttin

Taking a hit and running away isn't playing tank, its playing evasively. I use a build similar to what you described myself and it is in no way a tank, and will never be able to tank for a party. If I had the money, I'd much rather build a speed archer set as its essentially the same play style but more effective.

Assassin isn't playing support when you use it as a tank, despite applying debuffs, because its playing as a tank. Its also the worse class for support, despite being next to impossible to play it as such, as all other classes can debuff the mob as well as buffing players: archer with speed, warrior with resistance/strength, mage with heal.

Warrior literally can never be a ranged unit, its most ranged attack is bash, but you still end up losing like 100 out of 150 percent of the damage when playing it at range, rendering it almost useless.

While I'm not saying the old class system was better, the new one isn't much different and doesn't offer the amount of versatility you seem to think it does. Each class is limited to a certain type of play style, in reality, due to their stats. Yes, technically you can play a class any way you want, realistically, straying too far from the original intended playstyles for each class ends up rendering them pretty crap and ineffective to the point that if you really want to play a certain way, you're better off changing the class.

4. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    while to must extinct, i agree with you. the point of this thread isn't to debate the class system, which is why im trying to avoid the subject. my entire point is that the current system is better than the old one in terms of freedom, a lot better. though as I originally said, your thought not to make classes in game design but rather have a game where a player can develop their play style as they level. and while wynncraft didn't remove classes, it did bring them a step closer.

as for the builds. warrior has war scream, a correction that's there most ranged attack. so yea it doable, and actual while the melee glitch is still out its really broken when ever it's fixed, it will be well viable but not very good. in fact, yeah it would be pretty bad.

archer while unminding tank troops, can still tank. trust me I've seen tank archers before, only 2, but they were actually really god damn good.

and assassin can still play support, it's still the worst at it, but actual it's not bad at all, like at all. it's pretty good actually. in fact, i feel like it's a better support than an archer.
    oh and something to correct you on, tanks are a type of support group.

though again, as i originally stated, the new system is better for player development and freedom, as well as other rpg aspects. though, classes are generally a bad idea in rpgs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.