Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

1.13 Retextures

Discussion in 'Minecraft' started by Aya, Jul 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corpe

corpe toilet clogger ♪ Music CMD CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ikr jesus christ chill out w/ the commands
    gotta change all of my /effects

Aya and AetherArising like this.
  2. Sinom

Sinom Some random guy you probably never heard of VIP

Minecraft:
    They aren't changing all the commands. they are changing the GUI for inputting commands so it is easier to learn and so you don't need to look everything up in the wiki when you don't know how a command works exactly. Specific parts of the commands are now colour coded so you can distinguish them more easily. If you make an error in the commant it instantly shows you. You can hover over parts of the commands for a description of what they do. IMO these are all QOL changes that improve the ingame coding experience. The biggest problem is that it is pretty much useless now because everything is in functions and that would need an IDE or something for the changers to take effect.
    To the textures. The previous textures were a giant mess. if you are looking at the right pictures that were posted and the right tweets from the developers you will notice that they are changing EVERY texture. so compatebility with the old textures is pretty much an invalid argument cause they won't exist anymore. and about the redesign of the creeper. The previpous textures were just a jumbeled bodged mess and a catastrophe from a pixelart stand point. Especially something like the Creeper wich was pretty much just a noise filter with a face and toenails.
    Speaking of the Creeper. All the promotional material already didn't use the original creeper texture, so as long as they keep the face and general shape the same, there should be no problem with it.

AetherArising likes this.
  3. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    That's still like weeks of work to relearn it

4. AetherArising

AetherArising Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Unpopular opinion here: I actually like the new bricks. The one problem is that there's a way they offset that makes it go < > > < > > (aka 1 left 2 right instead of < > < > < when placed as a horizontal path

its wonky

but i like the redesign and i feel like it'll finally be usable in like old factory builds n such.

The wood is a bit too blurry looking but other than that, its all good. The new door and cauldron look cool, and the new obsidian looks h e l l a. Nether portals will no longer look chunky and tiled.

Have you seen the

Sinom likes this.
  5. Inactive User

Inactive User Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    If you watch till' the end, he looks at a tweet from Jeb saying they want to change all the blocks...

Really, if we wanted different textures, we'd have fucking downloaded a texture(sorry, "resource") pack. Now it's shoved down our throats, and it's ON US to download a resource pack. Honestly, since the purchase, Minecraft is going to shit very fast. I guess they have to make back the billion(s) somehow, but this isn't the way.

Stycore and Aya like this.
  6. CoolVictor2002

CoolVictor2002 Dead meme expert,cyberbullied by NicBOMB CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i only know the basics this is (probably) going to be the gayest anal moment i will ever have
    i hope that's not someone's future sig

Aya likes this.
  7. bloko27

bloko27 Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I don't think they should change the vanilla textures; more 'realistic' textures are what resource packs are for.

8. AetherArising

Minecraft:
    Ok look let me shed some light as to why.

90%+ of the current block textures were done by notch. Then 10% give or take by jeb. Since notch quit, any and all blocks in the future wont look properly good together. Look at Terracotta and Concrete and Magma and compare it to stuff like clay and dirt and netherrack

All the old blocks meshed so well together and you guys can still play pre-1.13 versions if you want the old style for true nostalgia purposes, but the reason they're being reworked is so that the new pixel artist can redo all the blocks to mesh together the best it can.

There IS a valid reason for all of this shit to be happening.

If you dont like it, play an older version or use a fucking texture pack

This is literally the same old argument as 1.9 combat. "new thing change old thing into bad thing. REEEEEE"

9. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    yeah.. the problem is not everyone knows how to use texture packs
    at least i know some peeps who dont

10. (Meric)

(Meric) No longer edgy

Guild:
    Minecraft:

Cough Cough

Alright, if you like the textures thats fine..

I think people are most angry that...

MOJANGS NEXT UPDATE IS LITERALLY A TEXUTRE PACK

NEW PVP TEXTURE PACK - Publisher MojangAB

-New BLURRY bricks
    -New PVP Diamonds
    -New Cauldron [midevil for some reason]
    -New Coal obsession
    -New blurry birch
    -Removed herobrine

11. CoolVictor2002

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    NOOOO it' in your sig what have i done?!

12. AetherArising

Minecraft:
    *download pack*
    *place in folder*

clearly this is a true enigma, one that none shall understand. Legend tells of a mystical oracle called "goog'al" whom knows all answers, but nobody seems to know of this legend.

13. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    What about the average intelligence of the Minecraft fanbase?

Your point still stands, but have you seen what the majority of this fanbase is "capable" of?

AetherArising likes this.
  14. AetherArising

Minecraft:
    I mean its fucking google. just look up "How to get resource pack"

15. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    Remember, the majority of the new texture work is going to be done by the pixel artist guy, so the rest of the group will probably be working on other parts.
    Besides, we were also promised a large content update for 1.14, waaaay back when 1.10 dropped, so I'd expect that they may be working on that so they can get it to us sooner, and the 1.13 update is just to tide us over until then
    It took me 3 months to learn the UI to make custom potions, I DO NOT want to go through that bullshit again

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    CoolVictor2002 likes this.
  16. CoolVictor2002

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    some guy made it his sig already

17. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    remember some people are braindead and they dont know how to install texture packs, have troubles to understand and wont even bother to try (AKA my best friend, good guy overall, glad i met him, but doesnt put a shit of effort for learning technology)

18. (Meric)

(Meric) No longer edgy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Im more pissed that Mojang is Forcing us to have to get a texture pack

Do you know how often you need to swap packs?

Goes to hypixel, plays a game.
    done playing game.

Oh look I need to switch back to my 1.12 pack

Its an inconvenience

and yeh, the command block thing

the whole update is an inconveniance with no real content

19. Jbip

Jbip yea QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "1.13 is just a resource pack"
    My inner me is dying everytime I see that
    You know, while one guy is making new textures, the whole mojang team doesn't stop developing???

Mapmaking wise: a complete overhaul of the commands, making stuff way better than it used to be, syntax highlighting, errors help, user friendly for new mapmakers

Game in general: completely redoing the block id, making the game runs extremely smoothly, and fixing their previous problem with the block limit, allowing them to add an infinite amount of new blocks in the future!
    Recipe book for furnace has been confirmed, although this could be considered minor for some, for me it's really cool because...

Data packs: functions, advancements, loot tables, recipes and structures into a resourcepack like file, making adding functions, advancements etc WAY easier. Oh, and it's also important to mention that we'll be able to change recipes. And with the upcoming furnace recipe book, that means also changing furnace recipes! This is insane! We will be able to change the whole survival experience in vanilla, just by adding one file into our world! And I'm SURE that people will be happy if I say that reverting the 1.9 combat in survival will be easier in 1.13 (we could replace the weapon recipes and change their attack/attack speed values)

And we didn't even see the content jeb is preparing, that was only mainly from Dinnerbone! What I'm saying is that 1.13 is gonna be much larger than people think it'll be, and it'll just make minecraft run better! That combined with optifine will help a lot of people

20. AetherArising

Minecraft:
    ....you do realize that its an update, not a swappable resourcepack, but ok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.