Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Serious Debate: Was The Pre Gavel Item System Better?

Discussion in 'Nemract's Bar' started by Yuno F Gasai, Jul 24, 2017.

?

Which item system was better

1. Pre gavel

30.5%
  2. Gavel w/o powders

5.3%
  3. Gavel w/ powders

64.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    exactly

2. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I agree and all, but it renders monetary generation from other sources virtually insignificant.

@SilverMirror has explained it, but here's my take:

It's like a developing country centered around a single natural resource like oil.

Those that are able to harness it to its fullest extent become far far richer than those who aren't. It creates a large wealth gap.

Ideally, all this wealth would be invested into other economic sectors (like agriculture) to promote an even economic playing field. However as Wynncraft is a game, this wealth can't be invested to create other effective methods of making money. At least until the CT add new methods.

3. SilverMirror

SilverMirror Retired IM HERO

Minecraft:
    deja vu

@Pokextreme get on it

Gigavern and Pokextreme like this.
  4. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    @Gigavern I'll sell you your very own inflation @SilverMirror quote for 100$

Gigavern and SilverMirror like this.
  5. DerVillager

DerVillager Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Agree. or it just could be nostalgia tricking me, who knows ;)

6. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    that's fair

but really it's just like comparing toxic sludge to a slightly less toxic puddle of sludge

7. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'll take the slightly less toxic sludge thank you very much

8. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    It's an MMO, inflation was going to spiral out of control eventually regardless of the item system itself. There are simply not enough useful money sinks and even if there were, people would keep grinding for money anyways. Again, if you want to blame another feature, blame the increased amount of emeralds people got from Gavel quests.

Cruuk likes this.
  9. Yuno F Gasai

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I feel like you are putting words I'm my mouth, I didn't claim all toxicity that ever was was caused by the new system. I did claim the game was pure and full of god's angles before gavel.
    But if you brought up the topic I'll address it, the new quests have almost double the amount of Le you get from quests, if you count expenses you will find yourself with around two stacks at level 90 without joining the player market.
    That's not much nowdays, but the new system makes it easier for people to gain money in the player market so you get a lot of players with nothing and a few players with a lot of Le, this creates tensions.

10. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    You basically said that most of the toxicity that plagues the forums/game now is caused by the new item system. I assume you meant "didn't" in the last sentence, but since you didn't mentioned other factors nor gave any examples, it's assumed you primarily meant it was the item system's fault.
    Ok how does the new item system make it easier for people to make money? Most non-boss mobs die in one to a few hits with the average build, and people have farmed and grinded the same way they have done before. Again, it's not the items being redesigned or getting new attributes, it's the fact the emerald mob drop rate was increased drastically by Salted in the Gavel update. In fact, without the new item system, end game people could not die because the armor percentages would be ridiculously high and people could just stay alive with life steal like they were, which would completely destroy the difficulty of the game as well as people's builds and playstyles. By adding variety and different playstyles, the new item system made the game more interesting if not harder (bc of lifesteal). (also minus mythics and other previously mentioned balance issues).

11. TherapueticLiz

TherapueticLiz Azure Demon of SDU / DsQ/ CEO of Idol Airlines. CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm just going to allow myself in. Hello all!
    To be honest, Money making is the overall issue. I wont lie, at the moment i barely have 10LE and i only have a few Godly items. Its easy to say i spend more than i make but that isnt the issue I'm having and/or most players are having also. the main issue if the speed at which ONE gains money.
    If you were to lets say, grind for an hour at the Ice Heights at Rodoroc,
    You have 4 Options:
    1. Farm up a bunch of Emeralds and return at every stop when you obtain 20~EBs and a Legendary or two.
    2. Farm up a bunch of Unique Items, ID them, and Mass sell them to an Item buyer in hopes of Profit
    3. Farm up some Legendary and Rare gear, ID them, then Mass sell them to an item Buyer with hopes of profit and Player trades for good items.

and last but not least
    4. GRIND PATIENTLY(for an unknown time)UNTIL you get a Mythic and sell it on the Forums to Upper class person.

When you see what is available. Most people would attempt 3/4 at the same time. Not knowing that they are quite literally wasting there own time, because the rate at which you gain sed items, isn't as good as you get them. not to mention, that IF you manage to get something worth while, the IDs are VERY random to get anything good, and worth of trade marketable.
    The better option would be to grind awhile for Nothing but Raw Emeralds. That way after a few trips, You've made a 1 SINGLE LE in roughly An hour~~~.
    Doesnt seem to worth while, But if you account doing this for Several hours,
    [EXAMPLE 4 hours] You've made 4 LE in one siting. Do this for a 5 days and its 20LE.
    {Segment TLDR:} Its Player Strictness that is whats depriving Players of an Income.

{Summary TLDR:} I wouldn't honestly mind if Mythics were to be nerfed to some degree whilst there drop chance were to be slightly boosted; drop chances were slightly boosted.
    just ENOUGH to NOT destroy the economy. and to also change the aspect of the more LE you have the "better you can be." The economy is at this point a State of near Great Depression and can be rebounded if 50% of players grinded Raw Emeralds instead of Items for sale.

at this point were all fucking Villagers, greedy and too lazy to go out there and work for income.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  12. Yuno F Gasai

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I didn't say that, if that's what you got from reading my posts we have a misunderstanding.
    I didn't mention any other factors because this is a debate about the item system.
    Pre gavel if you grinded a spare end game piece you would sell it but it only costed around 8le so that's how much you would make.
    Now they're are so many legendaries you don't need that fit other's builds that you can get a lot of money.
    The inflation isn't from the few emeralds that enter from mob drops, it's from all the players willing to spend all their money on new items.
    Why do you write like this

13. TherapueticLiz

TherapueticLiz Azure Demon of SDU / DsQ/ CEO of Idol Airlines. CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I tried ok?

14. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    That just means that the players had nothing to buy (except breeding horses) since endgame was easier to get and there weren't any other options. When better and more options came about, all the money people had been acculmatting finally had a use, so prices rose. So you're half right that the item system did trigger inflation, but if the item system was implemented earlier, people wouldn't have had that much money stored up.

15. Yuno F Gasai

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The most money enters circulation through quests, if we implemented the system earlier it won't have changed much.

16. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    Yeah, pretty much :-/
    About the toxicity, all right, I think then you're attributing too much of the toxicity of the forums on the system. I assume you mean by toxicity that it's players scamming each other or people arguing about builds. Though people did scam each other b4, it's just that there weren't that many items for people to buy in the first place. So it's not that people changed their hearts, it's that there was more options for people to buy and thus it looked like scamming increased. For builds, that's contained in its own sub section so it doesn't really appear that often outside of its section. And hey, people argue about the silliest of things anyways so it wasn't like it was expected.

17. Gorax42

Gorax42 Veteran Zombie Lord HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Agreed!!!

Yuno F Gasai likes this.
  18. Football22

Football22 you'll do fookin nuttin

pre gavel was better because mana/ife steal were actually good and allowed for spell spam

Yuno F Gasai likes this.
  19. Dr Zed

Minecraft:
    Spell spamming was the same as b4, except now we have good items for spell builds. When you say that life steal was good, it was extremely broken and you literally couldn't die. It was the equivalent of every class having mage's heal spell except they could cast it faster.

20. Football22

Football22 you'll do fookin nuttin

Life steal was ridiculous but mana steal is currently crap as I see it, and mana regen needs a tweak to be useful

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.