Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Sea Skipper Captain Knows How Bob Died??

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Lampifer, Jul 22, 2017.

?

Is this new info, or am I just not that good at looking through forums?

1. Y e e

2. Nah

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lampifer

Lampifer Resident Time Lord CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So I was having a nice day just going to Llevigar to do a quest, and then the Sea Skipper Captain starts talking about Siegfried and I brush it off, but while reading tiny bits of it, I noticed that he said something about how Siegfried won't be as weak to die to a couple of lowly wolves after comparing him to Bob, which got me thinking, "Hey, wait a minute, didn't the lore say it was unknown how he died?" And that's when it hit me that he might now. I'm including the screenshot of the dialogue in this forum post, so check it out if you wanna. ((Nvm I can't post images so I'll just copy the entire dialogue here))

Seaskipper Captain: "Hey, have you heard about Gavel's legendary hero, Siegfried?"
    Seaskipper Captain: "He's known all across the providence as their great defender. They say he's slayed dragons and fought off armies"
    Seaskipper Captain: "In fact, he's saved so many lives that the people of Gavel have begun to consider him their very own Bob"
    Seaskipper Captain: "The difference is that Siegfried's too strong to die to some measly wolves, so you might actually be able to meet him one day"

And then he lets you off the boat.

QUICK EDIT: If I should move this somewhere else, just tell me. I'm willing to move it lolol

2. Mr_Philly

Mr_Philly hi there HERO

Minecraft:
    Unfortunately you're not the first person to notice this, but great find nonetheless!

3. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    He likely just knew where the tomb was and guessed.
    We don't even know bob is dead

Gogeta, Allamak, Aya and 2 others like this.
  4. ThomAnn100

ThomAnn100 I have reached peak intelligence VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    In a letter to Nilrem Bob says his death has to be faked so the wolf thing is probably faked.

5. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    Nope, as far as we know bob ACTUALLY died fighting the CoW, and the wolf thing is just a coverup

6. (Meric)

(Meric) No longer edgy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    GAVEL PROPAGANDA!

BOB DIDNT DIE TO WOLVES

HE DIED TO LEVEL 9001 YAHYA

_aGodRandy, CoolVictor2002 and ploo like this.
  7. Dohdo

Dohdo I'm back. Cancer in it's purest form.

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    >.>

Bob didn't die to wolves, that was a lie Bob told Nilrem to make. Bob was killed by the Eye, and in turn, helped the ancients run from dern, as to where they are now in a cave found ni Wynn Excavation Site D

8. TurtleTheSeawing

TurtleTheSeawing That dragon that's studying magic HERO

Minecraft:
    Wellllll

Bob DID die, however, he did Reincarnate, we know this given the entirety of the Reincarnation quest. And the fact that you need to have died to reincarnate. The fact is though, we really only defeat him in his boss fight. At least, thats what it seems to be. So we can kinda assume that he is dead (original him at least) but he is in the position of some sort of 'Archangel' or just an Angel, given his heavenly arena, and the fact that there is a castle outside of his arena, can add to the fact that he is an angel, because I would assume he would be inside, or on top of that castle had it been his.

And I just realized that I have just come up with an interesting lore or story for Wynncraft...

9. NinjaPro8000

NinjaPro8000 Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    and this is how we know the captain is a gavel nationalist

10. Pokextreme

Minecraft:
    Bobs tomb is fake
    Reincarnation could be fake too

11. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Not necessarily, according to the Bob Lore he vanished with rumors pointing to him going to the jungle to fight a beast promoting the corruption.

While it points heavily to CoW, it is ambiguous enough that it could be justified that Bob travelled further to Dern and fought something far stronger but lost.

12. TurtleTheSeawing

Minecraft:
    The key word is could.

Just because bob's tomb is apparently fake, which I never actually knew, doesn't mean really anything in terms of if Reincarnation is fake. I don't think you can really fake what happens in Reincarnation, unless all Bob is, is a legend, or a fairytale. Which would mean that all the NPCs that have said they know bob, or have seen bob, would be fakers also, which would literally mean the Bob storyline would, again, be fake.

And before you say its Magic, I gotta ask, how do you know? Also, why would he fake a tomb. And I actually genuinely want to know, because I don't xD this is the first time I've heard of Bob's Tomb being fake.

Mainly, I'm just asking, how do we know that Reincarnation is fake? I really do feel like he has died, and his Reincarnation is genuinely real, because it would feel like... incentive would be lost.

Bob's supposed to (from my view) be a character, that you see as your end goal. He's the role model, he's the character that your character has to strive to become. He died, and so you want to go kill the beast that killed him, which I would think may be the CoW, given the conversation on this thread. This would lead you to the Temple of Legends, and the boss agains CoW... where you slay him, and then as one last test of your strength (at least it used to be before Gavel) you fight Bob, you defeat him, and you get the Corrupted Treasure. It gives you in return, the Bob's Mythic weapon. Which is like, a baton has been passed, you have proven yourself. And the Bob's Mythic can be tailored to YOU because of the powder slots, further proving it is yours. And it gives you a powerful asset going into the endgame, with Gavel, and presumably, the other provinces.

Also, the depressing gear, and the fact it gives you Bob's crushed soul, what does that mean?

I have a ton of questions, but also some ideas as to what happened.

13. Pokextreme

Minecraft:
    He faked his death to go hunt down some "beast"
    It's mostly likely that his corpse is plastered to some spike in dern.

TurtleTheSeawing likes this.
  14. TurtleTheSeawing

Minecraft:
    I see, then that makes more sense for me. Thank you for clarifying!

But now that makes me wonder...

What if for that beast, its most likely going to be the final boss thing when the story mode is done... or at least the final boss for Dern (it has to be) and seeing it makes me wonder. What if the whole corrupted Underworld Crypt Charon boss

where you have to collect the items in order to summon only one summon, to help you with the boss. What if that's kind of a sort of testing ground for something in Dern, where you have to fight this beast, and you can summon Bob, and maybe even some of the other 'heroes' in Wynncraft to fight against this beast. It would really be something quite epic IMO...

Pokextreme likes this.
  15. Pokextreme

Minecraft:
    Hmm yea that does open some possibilities...
    In case you didn't know, that quote was from sealed letters, aka from relics. They may relate to all of this

16. Pokextreme

Minecraft:
    @CuddleDragonHoke one last thing is that the first line was found on gateway island

17. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    I think it's most likely that the captain just heard about it from a passenger. He has met a lot of people in his time.

An idea - he's Sayleros's third brother... ...I don't have much proof, but his story of his brothers inheriting everything does seem like it might be related to the issue from Grave Digger. Apparently Drucksh is 'one of my other brothers' - we know there are more. And Sayleros and the captain seem to be about the same age. Thoughts?

Gigavern likes this.
  18. _MrChezz

_MrChezz Time Vally Lover HERO

Minecraft:
    Only problem is that Bob is thought to be still alive...

19. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bob is thought to be dead by the general public of Wynn. However the way they believe he died (by wolves) is likely false due to the Bob Lore and the Secret Letters.

Heck Bob COULD be alive in Dern, but that would mean Reincarnation is fake.

20. _MrChezz

_MrChezz Time Vally Lover HERO

Minecraft:
    Here is the full known letter.

Dear Nilrem,

The letter I enclose to you has been sealed with concealment magicks. I trust you to know how to read it.

My war against the creature is futile. Intel has reached me from a trusted source. Our world is far smaller than we could have imagined, our magick feeble in comparison to what i am about to explain.

There are realms beyond our comprehension, powers we can not hope to defeat. Two immense forces are at war, with our plain of existence being the battleground. There is a dark creature of the night in a land "far" away, it poses a threat to all.

I give you this letter as a warning and a farewell, friend. I am going to challenge the beast and attempt to seal it away using my own life force, for I know that is all i can do, killing it is not a option.

You know of the magic i have infused in my animal companions, I trust you to hide them until one worthy is able to wield my might. The world can not know of my sacrifice, no one must search for me. You must fake my death, and create a body for them to bury.

The fight will continue, but at least the new recruits will have a fighting chance for the years to come. I wish you luck, Nilrem, continue to train the forces of good, you are the most skilled man than I have ever known.

Yours faithfully, Robert.

P.s. I have enclosed the item of power you were seeking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.