Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

All Major Problems With Wynncraft Currently

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Toy__, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toy__

Toy__ Well-Known Adventurer QA HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wynncraft, it is far from perfect but we have all come to accept the fact that the biggest problems with not be dealt with for a while, and here I am going to try to list as many as I can think of.

Nether
    Now I was not around when nether was in it's prime and where there were a lot more people playing on there than just the people that want to abuse poison builds to make it onto the PVP leaderboards with no form of skill whatsoever. I have come across a wide variety of problems while experiencing the nether. I have also been trying to use certain items in the nether recently and they just don't work because they are newer to the game and nether hasn't been updated so you can use them. This might not seem like a big issue to some people but considering some people spend loads of time/money trying to get overpowered items to use in nether only to find out that they can't use them is really annoying.

Things that could be fixed:

• Instead of going in and out of the portal and it teleporting you to the lobby without full animation, make it so you you gotta go for the full animation because I always get knocked into the portal and kicked out of nether
    • Update nether so it works with new items (obviously)
    • Allow people to view skill points and ID bonuses
    • Fix the flight/god mode glitch when arena is restarting (doing /class while arena restarts)
    • Poison knockback and poison after death is also annoying but a huge advantage to you if you're using a high poison build against someone with low health
    • Other builds (cactus, poison as mentioned before) are kind of ruining nether and making them less fun for other people to play
    • Redo damage and defense calculations, also fixing defenses in general
    • Make the damage based on hearts instead of health
    • Fix intelligence
    (Yes this was copy and pasted from my old nether rant thread, @SilverMirror gave most of these suggestions)

Guilds
    Must I continue? No, but I am going to anyway. Guilds were around before I joined Wynncraft and since then there have been a lot of issues with them.

First off is the infamous name change glitch (is there an official name for it?), long story short, if you change your IGN while in a guild, it will duplicate your spot in the guild taking up another space which could have been taken up by another member other than yourself, plus it will also make it so you cannot leave/be kicked from the guild thus you are stuck in there for all of eternity until the leader disbands the guild or you manage to catch the attention of the admins and they can remove you from the guild.

Next is wars. Wars are supposed to allow you to capture a territory that is owned by another guild and allows you to supposedly receive a portion of the emeralds and XP in that specific territory, however you do not actually get ANY emeralds or XP resulting in wars being just another feature of the game that doesn't serve much of a purpose other than to boost your guild to the top of the leaderboard until it is inevitably captured by Hax. Also, Llevigar gate is a broken territory, which means it doesn't require a war to capture and you can just /guild attack and you will take it then have someone take it within the hour. Also sometimes I have people tell me that they cannot buy mobs to defend their territory.

Finally, guilds not being able to level up. No idea how this happened but if you somehow don't know what this means, basically certain guilds (BST, Hax etc.) are not able to level up because of some bug. If you got any more information about this feel free to comment about it and I will try my best to add it in and credit you :)

Trading/Economy
    Since mythics were introduced into Wynn, they have broken the economy (not that I saw the economy before mythics) and due to inflation of specific mythics (Apoc, alkatraz etc.) it has broken the economy even more that it did before. Not to mention a lot of scamming.

To start with, let's talk about how to prevent yourself from getting scammed.

• Get the item you are selling/buying price checked by someone that knows their prices
    • Check the item BEFORE accepting the trade
    • If the item you are buying is taken out during the trade, make sure it is the same item that you are wanting to obtain before accepting again
    • DO NOT accept real currency or items from other games, this could result in either you getting scammed or banned (3rd party trading)
    We can't deny that scamming is a huge problem when it comes to either expensive items, by this I mean items that usually require 2 or more trades to pay/receive that certain item. For example you are buying a Stratiformis ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), buying/selling one of these bad boys will force you to trade the player a minimum of 2 times before giving/receiving the full payment which can result in either 1 of 2 things:
    1. The buyer not doing the second trade which means that you do not get all the money you were promised for said item
    2. The seller will not sell you the specified item until you have given them all of the money which could end up in them running away with your money and keeping the item they were going to sell you
    Now onto mythic price inflation, or just inflation in general. Since the introduction of LI (Legendary Island), Apocalypse prices have gone from around 1-3 stacks, to 5-8 stacks (O_o), not to mention Alktraz prices previously ranging from 1.5-3 stacks to 4-7 and maybe even higher.

The Stats Page
    Since the introduction of CSST (Corrupted Sand-Swept Tomb) and Demon Cave (It's dead I know) a lot more people have been reaching max level which is taking up a lot of space on the player leaderboards (there is a bit of hypocrisy going on here), not to mention that if you even want a chance of getting in the top 100 player ranks, you are forced to buy VIP+ to do able to reach max level, unless of course you don't really care about getting in the top 100 and just want to play the game normally without spending money on it at all. But I do think that the leaderboards could have more pages to maybe show the top 1000 instead of just top 100. The same thing could be applied to Guild and PVP page, but this is mainly targeted at the player leaderboards.

/Ignore, where is it?
    I'm sure that you have come across that one person while playing Wynn that just doesn't leave you alone and constantly spams you, whether it be for help, money, items, anything you can think of, it's really, really annoying. I have seen countless threads asking to add a /ignore or a /block command but after call this time and all those thread, WHERE IS IT?

Items disappearing due to lag

Coming Soon™

NOTE: I will be adding more stuff to this thread soon, also suggestions are welcome in the comments

Also I am not hating on any Admins or CT members for any of this, these are just the current issues that I think are majorly impacting Wynncraft :)

Change Log
    22/07/2017:
    We can't deny that scamming is a huge problem when it comes to either expensive items, by this I mean items that usually require 2 or more trades to pay/receive that certain item. For example you are buying a Stratiformis ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), buying/selling one of these bad boys will force you to trade the player a minimum of 2 times before giving/receiving the full payment which can result in either 1 of 2 things:
    1. The buyer not doing the second trade which means that you do not get all the money you were promised for said item
    2. The seller will not sell you the specified item until you have given them all of the money which could end up in them running away with your money and keeping the item they were going to sell you
    23/07/2017:
    Since the introduction of CSST (Corrupted Sand-Swept Tomb) and Demon Cave (It's dead I know) a lot more people have been reaching max level which is taking up a lot of space on the player leaderboards (there is a bit of hypocrisy going on here), not to mention that if you even want a chance of getting in the top 100 player ranks, you are forced to buy VIP+ to do able to reach max level, unless of course you don't really care about getting in the top 100 and just want to play the game normally without spending money on it at all. But I do think that the leaderboards could have more pages to maybe show the top 1000 instead of just top 100. The same thing could be applied to Guild and PVP page, but this is mainly targeted at the player leaderboards.

27/07/2017:
    I'm sure that you have come across that one person while playing Wynn that just doesn't leave you alone and constantly spams you, whether it be for help, money, items, anything you can think of, it's really, really annoying. I have seen countless threads asking to add a /ignore or a /block command but after call this time and all those thread, WHERE IS IT?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    Allamak, RogP, Jacquie and 8 others like this.
  2. orange0402

orange0402 I got exposed by pyro VIP

Minecraft:
    Don't worry, orange is going to fix this
    [​IMG]

Dr Zed, Stag2001, Major_Lue and 17 others like this.
  3. Moss

Moss shoutbox meme supplier

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    na m8 wynn doesnt have problems those are fine

4. Toy__

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    good meme

Allamak and Moss like this.
  5. Moss

Moss shoutbox meme supplier

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ye

6. Toy__

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    *ends life*

Allamak and Moss like this.
  7. 7Red_Dragon7

7Red_Dragon7 Try hard HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    the economy isn't broken the fact that sokme mythics are crazy expensive just shows that people really want them

Dr Zed and Stag2001 like this.
  8. Toy__

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The economy is broken for that very reason you just listed

Allamak likes this.
  9. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Those aren't the main focus of the ct and imo they shouldn't be.
    That means there are way too many Le in circulation

7Red_Dragon7 and Toy__ like this.
  10. orange0402

orange0402 I got exposed by pyro VIP

Minecraft:
    Yeah and those mythics are crazy expensive because of the amount of LE in the economy which causes inflation?

Toy__ likes this.
  11. Toy__

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I am pretty sure that no one here has actually read the whole thread yet, just commenting for the memes

Allamak and SilverMirror like this.
  12. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    Man, it's almost as if the game's incomplete or something

Dr Zed, Stag2001, Allamak and 9 others like this.
  13. Toy__

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    About as incomplete as the thread is :/

Allamak, orange0402 and SilverMirror like this.
  14. SilverMirror

SilverMirror Retired IM HERO

Minecraft:
    shit you got me

oh look its me

mum get the camera i'm famous

15. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    I'm pretty sure people read much faster then you think.

Allamak likes this.
  16. Toy__

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    it's past ur bed time silvah, bai bai

Allamak likes this.
  17. (Meric)

(Meric) No longer edgy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Nether.
    BROKEN AF

Guilds

GLITCHY AF

Economy

INFLATED AF

wynn in a nutshel [with 1 l]

Allamak, Artifax, Trash and 1 other person like this.
  18. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    Are you gonna have quote that post about item inflation =P

Allamak and Toy__ like this.
  19. Toy__

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Looks about right

Allamak likes this.
  20. SilverMirror

SilverMirror Retired IM HERO

Minecraft:
    how about i license u a copy of it

here take this
    [hiQUOTE="SilverMirror, post: 2381627, member: 14774"]
    I'll quickly expand it a bit if you guys are on this topic, money sinks are designed to kill off excess cash in a mmorpg where money literally spawns from thin air, however, this is not exact in wynn's context. In wynn, the game gives you more items than cash, people accumulate banks of legendaries and "godly items" but have little money as the only real money the game gives you are the ones from quests, which is around 90 LE per class, sure you will pick up a few extra when you're levelling and grinding and IB gears but without the market, your wealth won't go up much, and this is exactly the problem of Wynn.

The game doesn't give you a good way to generate cash without relying on market, as people don't even hv the cash to buy things they want to begin with. Making the market basically stagnant and hard to get into trading, as a lot more people is selling than people that are actually buying.

People often dub "money sink" into wynn, as this is what other mmorpg do, but one thing they missed is other mmorpg like starcraft the game actually give you more cash than rare loot, instead of wynn that is opposite. In the context of wynn, we need a better way for people to first convert their items to actual enough money without relying on market, not just a bit from IB, before we cycle them and eventually dump it away in sinks, a "item sink" perhaps is much needed more than money sinks here.
    [hi/QUOTE]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.