Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Are Element Tanks Balanced?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Selvut283, Jun 19, 2017.

?

What is your opinion on element tank builds?

1. I think element tank builds are totally balanced.

14 vote(s)
    6.6%
  2. I think element tank builds are balanced, but over-used.

45 vote(s)
    21.3%
  3. I think element tank builds are overpowered.

21 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. I think element tank builds are overpowered and over-used.

74 vote(s)
    35.1%
  5. I think element tank builds are underpowered.

6 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. I think element tanks are necessary in any build.

20 vote(s)
    9.5%
  7. I think element tanks are overused.

32 vote(s)
    15.2%
  8. I think the system is broken, so if it were fixed they would be fine.

88 vote(s)
    41.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emeraldruler

Emeraldruler God of Emeralds | Fire Mage VIP

Minecraft:
    The thing with hive items though is that you can only get it once per class and they are meant to be endgame items that are really strong, not only that but for the most part they semi cancel out the damage/defense percents of each other's not used elements (using two armors means you only have 5% damage/defense of the not used element or elements). Giving them massive negatives would ruin the whole point of them being super endgame, granted some builds use multiple but those builds usually have fairly tight skill points.

EDIT: As I've also previously stated it's for the most part the system that's broken, if it were to be fixed the defenses wouldn't be nearly as strong.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    Stag2001 likes this.
  2. NotAFish

NotAFish An evolved jungle slime Discord Moderator CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Part of the issue is also the warscream bug which can make you immune to neutral dmg. If an elemental tank gets enough defence and war screams, a supposed usual good counter to them: neutral dmg is made ineffective making them resistant to elemental and rainbow. The damage gap between glass cannons and tanks is also too low, it is better to have 25% less damage but be tanky as hell then to have high dmg but get one shot by everything.

3. Stag2001

Stag2001 360 mlg hipster cat CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    That is very true, but I still think just a mere -10% defense is shit. Though if they'd just fix the elemental defense system elemental tanks would be ded. Instantly. Since jumla is still working on the code, which will take a long while, I think we do need some changes. Seeing that hive items are the most popular and also broken defensive items, they're the once I'm pointing my NERF-finger at.

4. Emeraldruler

Minecraft:
    While I do agree they could do with a bit of a nerf (not too much though as previously mentioned they are meant to be strong given their difficulty to obtain and the one per class and whatnot) but if we nerf items only then it just repeats the current cycle of making certain items completely useless while others are exceedingly strong. Not only that but with the current system people are almost guaranteed to go for rainbow defense, even if you give negatives on the current top tier items people will just gravitate towards other rainbow defense items which would continue the current cycle of nerfing the strong items but not buffing the weak ones. Really a code change is the only way to completely fix the problem.

5. Sku

Sku § HERO

Minecraft:
    A very good change in my opinion would be making the hive master armour have way less synergy with each other. This could be achieved my making the negative elemental damages on them way bigger, maybe like -70%. That would make spamming all of them in every build a terrible choise, but would still keep them viable for their respective elements. Maybe nerf the negative elemental defense %:s as well, I'm not sure about that.

Gravity was already more or less killed so it is not a problem anymore. Morph-Stardust might need a nerf in its health, and in the meantime you could buff the morph set bonus so it'd stay the same at 8 pieces. Not that anyone really uses full morph but just for the principle.

Hephaestus and Stag2001 like this.
  6. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Any more opinions?

Thunder and NamesAreHard like this.
  7. Stag2001

Minecraft:
    I think everyone that wants to has said their thing.

8. RemRin

RemRin Goddess of Air HERO

Minecraft:
    Just dont nerf hive pieces to much. They may be the most powerful items in the game but remember they are supose to be, so dont nerf them to oblivion, they are still supose to be the strongest pieces of armor in the game and only obtainable once every class. Stardust needs a nerf yes, since its not supose to be one of the strongest helmets, yet it is the strongest.

SgtClips likes this.
  9. Stag2004

Stag2004 I lost my faith in humanity long time ago

Guild:
    No I like the idea of make them have less synergy but your this isnt possible unless they get reworked and if they do they will have to make it so you can turn the item back to vochar and take the powders off of it rainbow tanks wont be nerfed with your idea it will just make some elements irrelevant in the meta for example hive chest and boots will make rainbow tank and even with this damage nerf you can still slap a water mythic in that thing also hive boots and legs with fire mythic rework of the system or rework of hive items and stardust nerf are the only two options and rework of hive armor will piss of some pepole (I hope it was readable my spelling sucks)

10. Sku

Sku § HERO

Minecraft:
    Just make them have less synergy by any means. It's going to piss of some people, all nerfs do. Maybe a negative set bonus or something?

11. Stag2004

Stag2004 I lost my faith in humanity long time ago

Guild:
    That idea is better I ment rework will piss of some.pepole cuz thats can cuz there item be useless with there builds

12. Stag2001

Minecraft:
    Who has said they're supposed to be the strongest in the game? I'm pretty sure they're meant to be powerful triple-element items, not insane rainbow tank pieces.

13. BethJerry

BethJerry BFG 9000 CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Other people have said this too, but nerfing the synergy that the hive armor has with each other would probably be a good choice. That armor is meant to fit into a three element build, not a rainbow build. One way to go at that could be increasing the skillpoint requirement you need to wear the armor, and another way would be to put negative skill point id's on the armor. For instance, put negative dexterity and agility skillpoints on the gaea hewn boots.

XavierEXE and Stag2001 like this.
  14. Stag2001

Minecraft:
    That's actually really interesting.

How about adding like 1/3 of the positive defense you get as negative defense, so for boreal it would be -100 earth and fire, and then get -5 str/def. Would that work?

XavierEXE likes this.
  15. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    Then people will just use all hive item builds.

XavierEXE likes this.
  16. Emeraldruler

Minecraft:
    It would give less synergy yes but people will still use multiple pieces and it won't fix the main problem of the system for defense being completely broken.

17. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    At the same time however, turning it into a set "bonus" and making it impossible to wear(or useless to) is quite a drastic step, and I am not sure it is exactly the correct one.

Emeraldruler likes this.
  18. SgtClips

SgtClips Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I think many players would like to use less rainbow items, but high skillpoint requirements don't make that possible.

Also yes, nerf Stardusts elemental defences (Maybe all to 50) and remove some health. The problem with Stardust is that it does everything it does really well. If you don't want to remove defences and health, remove the mana.

If you nerf the hive armor, don't nerf it that hard. Imo those items are the replacements of mythic armor which should be buffed btw.

Also change the way how elemental defences work. Either just add the attack multiplier in before calculation (I heard thats the reason why they are broken) or just change it to a percent damage absorbtion like with defence skillpoints.

Thanks for reading

19. Major_Lue

Major_Lue Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Add harsher negatives to hive armour, with some negative raw defenses.

I feel as if that's the best way to go about it, but that's just me.

Stag2001 likes this.
  20. Emeraldruler

Minecraft:
    I do agree making them unable to be worn together is a drastic step and shouldn't be done, in my opinion at least, the hive synergy is a good thing and has a lot of potential though overall I believe the defense system needs an overhaul otherwise it does nothing to nerf the items but attempt to treat a symptom of the actual problem. Though as previously stated hive items don't really need a huge nerf (if they even need on to begin with), from my experience skill points right now are restrictive enough. For me instead of nerfing the items it's the system that needs the change.

Stag2001 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.