Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Media The Science Of The Mage's Meteor

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by AMCBrosky, Jun 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMCBrosky

AMCBrosky Physics Destroys Videogame

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Good day fellow Wynncrafters

While I was reading the comments on my last post @tortellini wrote this comment.

And after a week calculating this I have unraveled the SCIENCE behind this and, I can say 100% that the mage makes no. god. damn. sense.

In order to explain how the Meteor works we need to figure out these four things:

1. Criteria to determine how the mage is actually causing his meteor.
    2. Determine how the mage is actually causing the Meteor based off of the criteria.
    3. Determine how much energy is required to cause the Meteor.
    4. Determine aftereffects based off of said calculations.

Step 1: Determine Criteria
    If we look at the mages max upgrade meteor we are given some criteria that the cause must account for and some data we can use for later. The criteria that I found was that the cause must A: Cause the meteor immediately after finished left clicking. B: have enough minimum energy to cause grass to light on fire. Through tests before my computer broke the average radius for area lit on fire was 7 meters, or 7 blocks. Averaging out to 3.48 gigajoules due to the grass being 6.25 cm tall and accounting for void space and assuming the grass was lit by the heat energy and not another source of flame. And C: The radius of the meteor created must be 4.5 meters.

Step 2: Determine the cause of the Meteor
    The first thing that we have to say is that the Meteor is not actually a meteor, due to the fact that not only are Gravitons theoretical, but would require the meteor to slow down in order to not be going at stupidly fast speeds when colliding with the ground, And how come the meteor is always the same size? So because of that I have to cross Gravitons off the list. Next on the chopping block is using negative mass, wormhole trickery but then how is the mage causing the wormhole? After this I was stumped on how it worked but then I looked at the VIP version of the class and I solved it. For those who don't know the mages alternate re-skin called Dark Wizard replaces the meteor spell with one called Dead Star and then I realized it. The Mage is using nuclear chemistry to smite his foes.

Step 3: Determine energy requirements
    Suffice it to say, Nuclear Chemistry is complicated as all hell. But in a super simplified form, nuclear chemistry is the science of the strong force in atoms. You know how two positive magnets repel from each other, well the same can be said for protons and electrons in an atom. But the reason they don't fly away is because there is a force stronger than electromagnetism called the strong force. And while this force is stronger than electromagnetism it requires the particles to be really close to take effect. This is why it requires the particles to be going at such high speeds in order to overpower the electromagnetic force. Nuclear chemistry explains the science of fission reactions and fusion reactions. But because fission generally only takes place when particles are not only unstable but generally have high masses, we have to look at fusion. Nuclear fusion is the reason we are all alive, its what powers the sun. The reason fusion reactions only take place at such high speeds is because they have to overpower the strong force unlike fission reactions where they try to make enough of a imbalance in the nucleus to cause it to split apart. But while fission reactions are powerful, they are nowhere near as strong as fusion. For this instance we have to look at what fusion reactions are easily able to create a solid object, and the element we have to create is carbon. There are two main nuclear fusion processes that output carbon as a result, Triple-alpha process is where three helium atoms come together to form carbon and the Carbon, Nitrogen, Oxygen cycle. And conveniently two of the elements in the CNO cycle are over 98% of the air we breathe so it will be pretty easy to cause them to create Carbon and as a byproduct we get helium which can be used to create more carbon lowering the energy requirements. In order to figure out the total carbon atoms needed to be created we need to figure out the volume of the object which we need to create, thankfully because the object is a sphere and we know its radius we can figure out the mass of carbon we need to create totaling to 4.34*10^31 atoms of carbon. So how much energy does that require, 644.5 nonillion mega-electron volts...

Step 4: Determine aftereffects.
    664.5 nonillion mega-electron volts is a mind numbing number, in order to put this into perspective that is 24.7 GIGA-TONS of TNT. No big deal, that is over 10000 times the energy required to destroy the moon! The moment the mage cast that spell he would send septillions of neutrons at the nitrogen atoms before launching just as many hydrogen atoms at the new nitrogen-15 atoms at temperatures of over 100000 DEGREES CELSIUS! Quite literally this would destroy all the provinces of Wynncraft as the entire area surrounding the gaping crater kilometers wide would be irradiated with enough gamma radiation that just going even in viewing distance of it would give you a dozen types of cancer. Not that would matter due to the fact that ALL LIFE ON WHATEVER PLANET WYNN IS ON WOULD DIE! THE MAGE IS THE BRINGER OF THE APOCALYPSE AND ENDS ALL LIFE ON PLANETS JUST BY DECIDING TO PRESS THREE BUTTONS IN A ROW! I am sorry but the mage makes no. god. damn. sense...

So now the mage is now totally ruined for me, oh well. If you enjoyed this post then please give a like, I spent the entire last week of school calculating this and I have a splitting headache from spending days learning nuclear chemistry and I would really appreciate your support. if you want me to cover a certain topic then please comment down below and if it gets commented enough then I will do it. Thank you for reading this forum post, AMCBrosky out.

edit: actually it requires 3.4 gigajoules of energy. i messed up when including the energy waste. I am stupid XD

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  2. Twin Lotus

Twin Lotus Straw Hat VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I knew Mage needed a nerf

Kaelan~, Moss, Mouse :) and 21 others like this.
  3. Happy New Year

Happy New Year Please bring the shoutbox back VIP+

Minecraft:
    what the fuck
    nerf mage

Kaelan~, Moss, RogP and 2 others like this.
  4. Blizzardgale

Blizzardgale Famous Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Incoming mage nerf soon tm

5. saltii

saltii Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    ... You did good, You did good.

Mouse :) likes this.
  6. Thunder

Thunder Chief Thunder HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I see you are trying to copy Austin from The Game Theorists.

7. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    If your up for another one in the future, I'd say take a look at mages heal or bomb arrow. Overall, these are pretty engaging, so nice job =D

8. Thilyzh_

Thilyzh_ Adventurous ghillie soldier VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I was amazed when the science behing warrior's uppercut revealed it to be a mini-nuke, but this? A nuke capable of vaporizing Earth? And it still only does a few thousand in damage when cast...

9. AMCBrosky

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Actually I was inspired by FishWaffle's post from over a year ago and it has evolved into this.

10. NinjaPro8000

NinjaPro8000 Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Now explain how a mage can heal fatal wounds and douse fire in seconds without magic

100klemonreimu likes this.
  11. CrazyCoaster101

CrazyCoaster101 King of Gave- I Mean, Nothing VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oww...my head.

12. AMCBrosky

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I feel ya man

Mouse :) likes this.
  13. Thega

Thega ```Interesting flavour text``` CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  14. Nukewarmachine

Nukewarmachine emerald tier above LE when VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    @AMCBrosky

Now explain how a mage can teleport over 15 meters in any given direction while simultaneously damaging and blinding foes after passing through them with seemingly no effort?

15. Major_Lue

Major_Lue Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Bomb arrow? The bounce while still exploding in a *massive* AoE should be fun to science the fuck out of.

16. sdkgjnio

sdkgjnio hod-SOH-nee-uhs

Minecraft:
    I request arrow shield. How do we keep arrows coming up from the floor? (maybe some sort of magnetic field?) And how on earth does one of those hitting something cause it to rain arrows? Can you explain why it does water damage? Why is the knockback so high? Where do all the arrows come from? Surely this is worth investigating...

17. aayl

aayl Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    It was Quantum Entanglement.
    It was always Quantum Entanglement.
    Always.

18. AMCBrosky

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Agreed, it always is.

19. T-Flex

T-Flex At the gym HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I am not sure you can explain it, other than saying "it's magic".

Teleportation is being transmitted between 2 points in infinitely short time. That means the speed is zero, which from a scientific point of view means
    there is no distance traveled, which for teleportation is not true. Therefore, teleportation would literally be destroying an entity at point A and re-creating it at point B, and so far, science isn't familiar with such phenomenon.

If you gonna argue teleportation is going as fast as speed of light, max, then technically, that's not teleportation, it's just going really, really fast.

20. Paks

Paks Spy Main CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    And we entrusted this power to the random level 21s that first get it and spam the spell all the time.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    100klemonreimu and Mouse :) like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.