Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by Hephaestus, Jun 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hephaestus

Hephaestus Hypothetical Build Maker | Avos Air Arceus VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Welcome to Mafia!

If you are not playing in this game, do not post.

• Read the rules. Including this one.
    • Follow all the rules. Including this one.
    • Do not post at night.
    • You may PM me at any time and ask me anything, such as rule clarification. (If you're asking me about actual game-related stuff though, I'm usually going to not respond or give you a sarcastic answer. Sorry.)
    • Do not quote or pretend to quote any PMs from me, including role PMs. Do not play around with exploiting this rule.
    • Do not talk about this game outside of this topic to anyone other than the moderator in charge, unless I specifically allow you to do so.
    • Please cater to both light theme and dark theme users in your posts. In other words, do not use a color that is transparent in one theme.
    • Do not edit posts more than five minutes after they were originally sent - this is when the post says that it was edited. I'd prefer if you do not edit at all, though I can't monitor that.
    • Do not delete posts in this thread if you are playing the game. I can't monitor this either unless I get a moderator, so please just don't.
    • Do not pretend to edit or otherwise pretend to break a rule.
    • If you are dead, do not post anything else about the game anywhere. You may still spectate the game, but you may no longer post in this thread.
    • Do not like posts in this thread. It can be used as a means of hidden conversation which is not allowed.

• Post votes in bold font in the format "Vote: <tag player here>". For example, Vote: @add air spear is considered a proper vote, while Vote: add air spear, Vote: @add air spear , Vote @add air spear , Vote:@add air spear , and Vote: @add air spear are not.
    • Improperly made votes (including votes in hide tags or any of the unacceptable forms above) will not be counted under any circumstances. I will not tell you if your vote is invalid, but you should be able to figure it out based on my votecounts.
    • You may vote for no lynch to occur during a day. Vote this by including in your post "Vote: No Lynch". (If some player decides that they want to be funny and change their username to No Lynch, you should vote for the action No Lynch with Vote: No Lynch, while you would vote for the player how you would normally.)
    • You do not have to unvote before making a new vote, though it is appreciated if you do so. Unvote in the format "Unvote". An unvote will undo your previous vote, if any.
    • If you have read all the rules, please bold the mention of the name of a mythic found in Wynncraft.
    • If at any point in a day more than half of the players currently alive are voting for a single player, that player will be lynched. It will then immediately be twilight.
    • If at any point in a day at least half of the players alive are voting for no lynch, then there will be no lynch. It will then be twilight.
    • The moment the deadline passes, no more votes will be counted even if the mod has not made a post.
    • During twilight, players may still post. However, no more votes and/or unvotes will be processed.
    • Once I post a end-of-day scene, the person lynched (if any) is officially dead. Night then immediately begins. You may not post during night.

• Each day will be 72 hours (3 days). The moderator may extend the deadline for the end of the day at his/her discretion. Note that this will be unlikely.
    • The deadline will occur the very second 72 hours has occurred.
    • If the deadline is met and no person is lynched, it will be considered no lynch and will proceed to be twilight.
    • Each night will be 1 real-life day (24 hours) long.
    • When the night deadline is met, if the moderator does not receive a night action from either a player or his/her partner(s) (if you have them), the player will lose the chance to perform an action during that night.
    • Night will end at some time after the night deadline when the mod makes the post announcing the end of night and start of the next day.
    • If a player does not post between activity checks, which will occur every 24 or more hours, and the player is not on V/LA, they will receive a PM Prod (that is, I will PM them to remind them to be more active.)
    • If a player does not post between activity checks after receiving a PM Prod, I will begin looking for a replacement for them.
    • The minimum daily posting requirement is five posts in the day. If you do not reach this in one day, I will warn you that you are not being active enough. If you do not reach this for two days, I will start looking for a replacement for you.
    • If a player is going to be V/LA, he/she must post in bold in-thread or PM me. I will not prod you during a V/LA unless the V/LA is too long. If your V/LA is longer than one day/night cycle (four days), please either try to find a way to participate in the game during that time or ask for a replacement.

• Do not use inappropriate language.
    • Do not make any personal attacks.
    • Be mature.
    • For a minor rule infraction, all players can receive up to two warnings. If a player commits an infraction after he/she has run out of warnings, or commits a modkill level infraction, he/she will be modkilled. Please do not make me modkill you.

• I (summitwei) am the Moderator of this game.
    • Red-colored text (#FF0000) is used for official votecounts and activity checks by the moderator. It is also used for mafia flavor-related posts.
    • Blue-colored text (#0000FF) is used for the moderator's posts other than votecounts.
    • Green-colored text (#00FF00) is used for town flavor-related posts.
    • Do not post in those colors or in any shades of those colors.
    • The moderator has the last say in interpreting the rules.

This game will use the Matrix6 setup. This is a semi-open setup.

In this setup, there are 9 players. Three of the roles will be generated randomly by picking a row or column from the matrix. Then one Mafia Goon and 5 Vanilla Townies are added to maintain a 2:7 mafia:town ratio. The six possible setups are:
    1. 5 Vanilla Townies, 1 Town Jailkeeper, 1 1-Shot Bulletproof Townie, 1 Mafia Roleblocker, 1 Mafia Goon
    2. 6 Vanilla Townies, 1 Town Cop, 2 Mafia Goons
    3. 5 Vanilla Townies, 1 Town Doctor, 1 Town Tracker, 2 Mafia Goons
    4. 6 Vanilla Townies, 1 Town Jailkeeper, 2 Mafia Goons
    5. 5 Vanilla Townies, 1 Town Cop, 1 Town Doctor, 1 Mafia Goon, 1 Mafia Roleblocker
    6. 5 Vanilla Townies, 1 1-Shot Bulletproof Townie, 1 Town Tracker, 2 Mafia Goons

Note that if applicable, a Mafia Roleblocker's action takes precedence over a Town Jailkeeper's action. The power of the 1-Shot Bulletproof Townie cannot be roleblocked.

Do not post until this line is crossed out.

You may now post. The deadline for Day 1 is 8:00 PM EST on June 20, 2017. Have fun!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  2. Zelefant

Zelefant wizard fortress will return one day HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ok
    im confused, is the day include the night time as well?

Pokextreme and orange0404 like this.
  3. Hephaestus

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The deadlines relating to day (72 hour day) reference the day period and not a day/night cycle.

Pokextreme likes this.
  4. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    As in the night time of the game or as in past like 11:00 PM EST irl.

Pokextreme likes this.
  5. Hephaestus

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    In-game night.

Pokextreme likes this.
  6. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Vote: No Lynch

Also,
    So like this: Guardian?

Pokextreme likes this.
  7. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    Spoilers ;-;. I think that was to be secret for all the rules readers to know we read them

8. Tato

Tato Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Weathered

Do I have to have a reason if I want to vote someone to die?

Pokextreme likes this.
  9. Allamak

Allamak Legendary Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:

Pokextreme likes this.
  10. pseudonam

pseudonam hypothetical game maker

Guild:
    Hello
    Let's assume town has helpful players in the order A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I.
    Each night, scum kills the most helpful and town kills the least.
    *Town no-lynches D1
    Scum Kills N1
    B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I
    *Town lynches D1
    A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H
    Scum Kills N1
    B, C, D, E, F, G, H

As a rule, an odd amount of townies give town an advantage. This can be found on mafiascum.
    And would we rather have player I still in the game or not? He would probably be masslynched by most of us because he looks so scummy. Why no-lynch, when we can either scumlynch, or PL?(Policy Lynch: killing a nonposter, killing someone unhelpful)

Pokextreme likes this.
  11. Pokextreme

Pokextreme Avos Air Archer HERO

Minecraft:
    Fair enough... but then who do we kill?

12. JoshLegacy

JoshLegacy Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Information overload.
    Josh_Legacy.exe has stopped working.

Also Pure

Pokextreme likes this.
  13. coolname2034

coolname2034 Formerly known as NPCGrian HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    How are we supposed to know who to lynch on the first day XD.
    Cataclysm

Pokextreme likes this.
  14. JoshLegacy

JoshLegacy Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Simple...you don't.

Pokextreme likes this.
  15. coolname2034

coolname2034 Formerly known as NPCGrian HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That was rhetorical

Pokextreme likes this.
  16. orange0404

orange0404 corkus is actually here HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    also
    CATACLYSM
    lets kill you
    cause das sus af

You are a Town Doctor. You are town-aligned. Once a night, you may PM me a person's username. That person will then be protected from getting killed that night. The thread can be found here.

You win when all Mafia are killed.
    heal itself

Pokextreme and coolname2034 like this.
  17. Hephaestus

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No Lynch has occurred. Do not post.

Pokextreme likes this.
  18. Hephaestus

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Votecount 1.END: A Short Day

No Lynch (NL): Gigavern, Original_Potato, ImpulseCake, NPCGrian, genericjoe43

Not Voting: Pokextreme, GenericJoe420, Josh_Legacy, GeneralCobra19

No Lynch has occurred.

It is now Night 1. Do not post. Mafia may discuss in their Quicktopic and submit their night actions, while PR's may also submit theirs. The deadline for Night 1 is 9:05 PM EST on 6/19/17.

Due to the short day, nobody will be punished for not meeting posting requirements.

(Also, in the future, could all players notify me when you change usernames? Thanks.)

A doctor, if existent, can heal themselves as many times as they would like.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2017
    Pokextreme likes this.
  19. Zelefant

Zelefant wizard fortress will return one day HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:

Pokextreme likes this.
  20. Hephaestus

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    GenericJoe420 receives a warning for posting during night.

Pokextreme and LarzLapiz like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.