Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

What Do You Do To Maximize Your Treasure Hunting In The Reef?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by DamionMauville, Jun 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DamionMauville

DamionMauville Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    So, my personal favorite way to get emeralds is by hunting for treasure in the reef. But I've been wondering what the best way is to get the most emeralds. Usually I just reserve a spot for one of everything, but I was wondering what strategies other people have come up with. There are 36 slots of inventory and hotbar space. Four of them are taken up by accessory slots. Three are taken up by soul points, quest journals, and the compass. I also reserve one final spot for my primary weapon. This leaves 28 spots for treasure stacks. Now, in my experience the easiest treasure to get full stacks of are Small Pearls, Glowing Pearls, Silver Nuggets, Gold Nuggets, Silver Bars, and Gold Bars. Do you think I should just stick to those and ignore everything else (barring the occasional diamond or sunken artifact)?

Snerp likes this.
  2. orange0402

orange0402 I got exposed by pyro VIP

Minecraft:
    You are using the breathing helmet while doing this right?

coolname2034 likes this.
  3. DamionMauville

Minecraft:
    Of course.

4. Jbip

Jbip yea QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Not many people here are using this method to get money, but what I used to do while trying that out is trying to grab as much items as I can, and I usually go where a "group" of items is, no matter how worth it is

coolname2034 likes this.
  5. GiraffeMemeLord

GiraffeMemeLord Has Crab AIDS HERO

Minecraft:
    Breathing Helmet II
    Try and free more spaces up (four seems a bit much)
    Certain classes have mobility spells (You cant use mages teleport underwater)
    Search the very edges of the reef, a lot of flat 'land' where many items spawn
    Lastly try and fit as many items in your inventory as humanely possible

coolname2034 likes this.
  6. Cenpyla

Cenpyla Zap HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    When I treasure hunt in Seavale, I prioritize Sunken Artifacts, blocks of gold, blocks of silver, bundles of gold & silver, diamonds, sapphires, amethysts, rubies, topazs, and huge pearls. Those are the ones that sell for the most.

coolname2034 and Pokextreme like this.
  7. kolleden

kolleden Bop Bop VIP+

Minecraft:
    F3 + B does amazing things for you, it can show you where items you wouldn't usually see are located as it shows hitboxes, and its 100% legal since its a feature in mc.

8. Undyne

Undyne Do you enjoy going through hell? CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    For the diamonds and artifacts: While I have not proven this, when I have done the treasure diving these two "EB-worth" items always spawn around the deepest area of the reef. This area is around the direct center of the reef and has shallow-level colored coral with cream-colored coral beneath.

I infer that because the items are spawned using mobs with a health of 0, their item is the only thing that drops when they spawn. The spawn areas are scattered around the area, with more common treasure receiving more spawns than the rarer treasure. Possibly, since the diamond and artifact only spawn once every few minutes, it could be said that they have one spawn point somewhere over the middle of the reef (for added difficulty since it's very deep).

I would hover around the middle of the reef with the Breathing Helmet II and float around there, collecting rare treasures while waiting for the diamond/artifact to spawn.

mizzkissy and coolname2034 like this.
  9. DamionMauville

Minecraft:
    I think I've noticed the same thing. I've found double diamonds and double artifacts somewhere in the center of the reef, kind of near a cave. Hearing someone else confirm it makes me want to try this strategy.

10. NicBOMB

NicBOMB Maker of Builds | Lurks on Forums | 1 Mythic Found CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I can actually confirm this. My game was lagging out while I was underwater and saw 2 entities (i think they were armor stands), then they disappeared after the connection came back a few seconds later, and a sunken artifact and nugget spawned above where they were (like when emeralds appear above enemies after death).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.