Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

King Of Ragni Is Evil (theory)

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SPYROHAWK, May 31, 2017.

?

Thoughts?

1. Convincing evidence, it totally makes sense

42.0%
  2. I guess I see it

24.0%
  3. Eh

8.0%
  4. I'm not really feeling it

2.0%
  5. Too much speculation, not enough evidence

4.0%
  6. You should have told Tato you were writing this...

20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Procrast

Procrast Schmoovin' VIP+

Minecraft:
    So if the king you meet with at the end of wynnexcavation site D was a fake, then what does this mean for the player, the hero? Were we really knighted? Or was that just a ploy for the impostor to gain our trust?
    Also, now that I've read this theory, the token you receive as a reward concerns me. Ingame, the necklaces are great, but what if they had a darker purpose in lore? Maybe any of the necklaces you choose in cinfras are a secret weapon, to immobilize the player in a future quest? That would be interesting - but I doubt it would go that far.

2. SPYROHAWK

SPYROHAWK Head Grand Theorist HERO

Minecraft:
    I doubt it goes that far with the necklace, I think that was either legit or a publicity thing, but...

You asked what this means for the player, the "hero". For that I'm gonna call in @Oryx. I'm too lazy to find it but he had a really good thread looking at the players actions. (Or was it @captainRawb? Shoot, usually I remember these things). He may have something to add.

Rawb and Procrast like this.
  3. Gigavern

Gigavern Giant Fern VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Do you have coords for the throne?

4. SPYROHAWK

Minecraft:
    No, but I believe @Original_Potato does. While we were discord chatting I think he jumped ingame and found it.

5. coolname2034

coolname2034 Formerly known as NPCGrian HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That was based off of lore that the portal was 100 years ago, the devs say its 1000 now

6. Rawb

Rawb Disciple of Bak'al

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If I have anything to add, I'd compare this to a real-life situation.

So a king has taken over in a coup. He's clearly an imposter. However, a traveller comes along who doesn't know of this. He helps the king out, and the king knights him. The knighthood is still valid so long as the king is in power. (Or something like that.) Also, I'd doubt that they'd go with knighting you to gain your trust. Knighthood is a very serious matter, so it's highly unlikely that it be used for ill doings. Not only that, but by the time you finish King's Recruit, you should have already trust in the king. Why? He's the one who helped you out.

In a nutshell, yes, the knighthood was valid. A knighthood is still a knighthood.
    It was @DarkDemonDragon

Procrast likes this.
  7. Thega

Thega ```Interesting flavour text``` CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I was suggesting that the father was ragni's king. If you say that the mother was dernic, then that provides another possible reason why the king was put off the throne. I doubt relations with a dernic figure would put him at the top of the popularity list. Perhaps the now king villager was his economics advisor who rose to the throne amidst public revolt.
    Shouldn't matter, I'm saying things related only to the time of the nether portal being opened. I have no links to any other time.

8. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    I mean the necklace merchant IS in Gavel...

9. Zelefant

Zelefant wizard fortress will return one day HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That wS rujsla I think
    I did gale and ohms

10. SPYROHAWK

Minecraft:
    The only thing is that no one New the mom, and I think people would know the kings wife.

And for the dernic theory to be valid, she had to already be pregnant before crossing into Wynn

Shanaaro likes this.
  11. Shanaaro

Shanaaro . HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    She gave birth almost as soon as she came to Ragni, she didn't have nearly enough time to get pregnant with the king

12. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    iirc the king is a villager because in the old system only villagers could be quest npc's so no one thought twice about it.
    I think he should be human but he wasn't converted in the quest system update

13. SPYROHAWK

Minecraft:
    That's correct, it used to be just villagers. But they changed a bunch of other NPCs to humans when the time came, I don't think they would just forget such a major NPC, especially with the lore implications.

14. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    @Ascended Kitten do you have any idea?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.