Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Tool [unofficial] Wynn Expansion V0.027.c (a Continuation Of Shsupercm's Wynncraft Mod)

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by EHTYCSCYTHE, May 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Snerp

Snerp Grand Terrainer Modeler HERO Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Looks good, non curse is always good in my book

2. donda biblioteca

donda biblioteca donda esta dond CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    when i try to run thru the corrupted sandswept, the arrow part lags me a lot, and before newest update, that part was fine

3. Giames

Giames Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    SUPER-DUPER-BUUUUUMP !!! <3

4. EHTYCSCYTHE

EHTYCSCYTHE Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    okay ill revert that change and get an update out

Edit: Ive been tolled not to revert it yet, gonna do some more testing first

Last edited: May 27, 2017
    Major_Lue and donda biblioteca like this.
  5. Major_Lue

Major_Lue Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    As for showing item locks, perhaps a gold outline around the slot? Also, if possible add the ability to distinguish between classes so different slots can be locked on different characters.

6. Zernoxi

Zernoxi Forum Assistant of the Mighty Forum God

Minecraft:
    That means if you do add it you would have to update it so often

7. sorae

sorae drifting VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "unidentified null"
    good code
    [​IMG]

8. Major_Lue

Minecraft:
    That's because it's an accessory that's not supposed to be on the ground, to begin with. It should still be fixed, though.

9. EHTYCSCYTHE

Minecraft:
    Thats a good way to distinguish which slots are locked dont know how tough it will be to get the slots coloured correctly but ill look into it. and doing class specific slot locking is somthing that ill most lightly add though proberly wont be in fo

Why would i have to update more often?

Good catch, ill look into why that happens

10. Zernoxi

Zernoxi Forum Assistant of the Mighty Forum God

Minecraft:
    Because Wynncraft is not finished yet and sometimes there are updates

11. Major_Lue

Minecraft:
    If you mean he has to update for every new item added, it uses the API which updated when new items are added.

EHTYCSCYTHE likes this.
  12. camocat9

camocat9 Some Clever Tag VIP

Minecraft:
    Is there a way to toggle certain things? I looked through the settings and couldn't find anything...

EDIT: Nvm it's in the quest book

13. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    time to grind
    EDIT: Why, why unidentified normal items... 2017-05-28_14.37.53.png

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  14. EHTYCSCYTHE

Minecraft:
    Cause i removed the Smart Deobfuscation in the last update just to be on the safe side about the rules, it'll be coming back though

Aya likes this.
  15. scrubbedaccount

scrubbedaccount Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I'm really loving this! Before, I had to rebind my keys to something to make sure I didn't lose my main weapon. Without the locks, I could easily die from attempting to get items into the hoppers of dungeons (died this way like 2 times in the FF dungeon. I know I could just open my inventory, but there's the risk of throwing out a needed accessory that makes my build actually usable), so that's one plus. The ability to actually see my EXP so I don't have to take a guess on how many more mobs I'll need to kill or running an external program is also cool. The announcements for items are nice to have, just in case I'm grinding and miss a potential mythic.

Just one question though; I read in the previous posts (page 6 to 8, can't remember which exact one it was) that deobfuscating unidentified items was a punishable offense. Which rule(s) is(/are) it that it doesn't comply with? I'm guessing Rule 1 and/or 3 (Could be considered an advantage, but also an exploit of some sort).

One thing I would like to see is a bar or something that says how many tokens I have for a certain dungeon. I usually keep the tokens in my hotbar so I know how many more I need to get to the next part, but that's also a slot a potion could be in. FYI, I don't mean the dungeon tokens that you get from beating it, but rather from the mobs inside of them. I'm not sure if it can be implemented as I'm not one that's familiar with coding in Java, HTML, etc.

Glad that I'm not forced to use the curse platform as well. Would definitely recommend to others*. 9/10 (The quest book is somewhat unreadable, based on the previous posts.)
    *if I actually had friends that played Wynn...

16. EHTYCSCYTHE

Minecraft:
    Thanks, im glad you are enjoying the mod!!

Yeah it breaks rules 1 and 3 so i had to remove that (though smart deobfuscation will be coming back)

Thats a good idea, though the tough part wont be showing how many tokens you have it will be showing how many tokens you need (though maybe i dont actually need to do that part) but ill still add it to my TODO list and see what i can do.
    Btw do you have any preference on how the number of tokens you have should be displayed?

scrubbedaccount likes this.
  17. scrubbedaccount

Minecraft:
    Thanks! This could be a cool idea:
    A toggleable counter in the top-right corner showing the icon of the token you need and how many you currently have (would need to know what dungeon the user is currently in for it to work). (FF Example: 32 for the most common pieces needed (Scrap Metal), 16 max for the ones that aren't needed as much (Cores [sea lantern things]), 8 at max for rarer items (CPU Chips (2 of those in total I think)) would probably be reasonable for this.) Maybe you could set which dungeon you want to track using a certain key to open a GUI to say "Dungeons." Might try to make a concept blueprint for this idea soon™.

18. scrubbedaccount

Minecraft:
    Got a rough draft of the concept.
    blueprint.png 1. Title, can be changed.
    2. Enables/disables the counter.
    3. Changes between Normal & Corrupted variant of dungeon. Dungeon names become red in Corrupted mode.
    4. Dungeon names. Font and actual placement can be changed.
    5. Dungeons that have yet to be added to the game (Mortal Mountain)
    6. The button to activate. Can be removed and replaced by clicking on the dungeon instead.
    rough draft.png Replace [Item] with the icon of the item needed to progress further into the dungeon. Actual values of the items may vary between how many you need to progress. Up to 3 items can be shown at a time, depending on your stage (if client-server support is given)

19. EHTYCSCYTHE

Minecraft:
    not all dungeons follow the powers of 2 for token amounts though

Thats quite a nice layout, though minimaps would get in the way and im still fairly new to GUI stuff but ill see what i can do!

scrubbedaccount likes this.
  20. scrubbedaccount

Minecraft:
    Good point. Instead, maybe it would set it to the maximum amount of each you need in that specific dungeon (18, 24, 32, the occasional odd number)? It could also only show the tokens once they enter the inventory to prevent taking a slot that another dungeon item is used for (i.e: stop showing CPU Chips if none are in the inventory).
    Thanks! It could potentially be in the way, maybe it would be in the top-left or side-left instead?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.