Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Guide Returning Players, Read This

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by DrakeM1, May 20, 2017.

?

Should this be stocked to help returning players?

1. Yes

77 vote(s)
    61.6%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    2.4%
  3. Potato

45 vote(s)
    36.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrakeM1

DrakeM1 101 Archer / Made RPRT / Mayor of Tree Island HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hey all!

My name is DrakeM1, and today I'm bringing you a guide for what to do if you are just coming back to Wynncraft! I'll cover everything added since the Gavel Update, and I'll give you some tips for how to get back in the game.

Let's start with what you missed. If you haven't even played the Gavel Update, read "What You Missed - Gavel" and everything afterwards. If you haven't played Gameplay Update, read "What You Missed - Gameplay Update" and everything afterwards.

Read the OFFICIAL CHANGELOG for more information!

This was probably the biggest update in Wynncraft's history. It added so much stuff, and I will try to go over everything important.

First of all, they added the GAVEL PROVINCE, a new landmass across the ocean from Wynn. You start at the quartz city of Llevigar and make your way through the province's varied environments, completing various quests and exploring. The level cap was raised to 100, so don't worry about wasted XP. Gavel has everything, from volcanoes to swamps to floating islands and is a very nicely built area.

There's also an official resource pack that auto-downloads when you join. It adds custom models for all weapons and other textures. I find that it really adds to the experience of playing Wynncraft!

The item system was completely revamped. Now, when you get a non-normal item, it is Unidentified and unusable. You must go to an item identifier and pay a small fee to identify the item. It will then be Identified and usable, although some items have skill point requirements (as in, you need [x] amount of skill points to use the item) or quest requirements. For a full list of identifications, or attributes your item gets upon identification, visit here.

There is a new tier of items, known as Mythic Items. Your chance of getting one is roughly 1 in 150,000 so...it is pretty hard (or tedious) to find one. However...that feeling when you see Unidentified Item - Mythic in your inventory? It's amazing.

There's also elements. Each weapon can do neutral damage and elemental damage. Neutral damage can't be blocked by mobs, but element is a different story.

If a mob has a tag like [ Weak], that means it is weak to water damage and will take more water damage than your weapon normally deals. If it says [ Def]. that means it takes less fire damage than your weapon normally deals. If it says [ Dam], that means it deals thunder damage. The full list of elements is:
    Earth
    Thunder
    Water
    Fire
    Air

You may notice that your armour says "Earth Defense: +120" or "Thunder Defense: -50". Elemental Defense is an attribute most armour has, and it works like this. If you have 100 defense in a certain element, then you take 100 less damage from that element.

For more on playing in the Gavel Update, read this thread.
    Read the OFFICIAL CHANGELOG for more information!
    The Gameplay redid all the dungeons and added higher-leveled "corrupted" dungeons. To gain access to a dungeon now, you need to find and kill a mob called "[Dungeon Name] Key Guardian" which will drop the key. When you complete a dungeon, you will gain items that can be used to purchase pretty good items that are around the dungeon's level. The "corrupted" dungeons are more confusing, but let's just stick to the basics.
    Visit this link (it is a wiki page) for more information on all dungeon-related things.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Powders were also added. There are powders for each element and six tiers of said powders. On weapons, they decrease neutral damage but increase elemental damage (based on the powder you're adding, the amounts are different. If you add two Tier 4 (or higher) powders of the same element to the same item, you gain a powder special. Powder specials are like secondary spells, they charge up as you damage mobs and will notify you when they are fully charged. Then you shift + attack to cast them. You cannot have more than one powder special per weapon.

On armour, they increase elemental defense in one element and decrease it in another. I assume you already know how elements work, because you did play Gavel. If you put two Tier 4 (or higher) powders of the same element on the same armour piece, you gain an armour Powder Special. These are passive buffs. Again, you can only have one per armour piece.

Visit this link (it is a wiki page) for more information on all powder-related things.

The Gameplay Update also added the VSS Seaskipper, which lets you travel the ocean at ease. For more, visit here, if you're interested.

Oh yeah, there's also boss altars. You sacrifice junk items and fight a boss that has a chance to drop pretty good items. Visit here for more.

You can also re-identify items if you got terrible identifications. It costs 5X what the previous IDing cost you, but you can get better items.

Lastly, sprinting doesn't affect your mana anymore. Instead, it affects you Sprint Bar (shown between health and mana) which, when it runs out, basically destroys your mana bar. Your Sprint Bar recharges over time.
    Read the OFFICIAL CHANGELOG for more information.

For Halloween, they added a new quest ("A Grave Mistake") and also revamped the shop. Gold Coins are gone, replaced with items you can buy directly from the shop, like bombs and pets. The ranks were redone as well. For more, you can visit the shop page itself.

They added a new quest system and such, but this update was pretty minor.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The Craftmas Update (1.15) added a new quest ("Meaningful Holiday") and a special holiday fair where you could get special items and such. Again, not much new stuff. It's because the team was all working on...
    This is the big update. It added a new island (Corkus, for levels 80-100), new quests, and new dungeons. However, it didn't add much in the way of new gameplay mechanics (although you can trade any Tier 4 or higher powder for another powder of the same tier now).

Do the quest "The Envoy I" to get to Corkus and explore it. It is pretty cool!

There's also LEGENDARY ISLAND, where you fight various bosses in an arena-progression style challenge. You fight a boss, gain a certain amount of loot, and can choose whether to give up and keep what you've earned...or keep going. A difficult--but rewarding--adventure!
    Now that Corkus is real and no longer a meme, we have three new provinces to worship: Bloomi (invented by Grian as a joke), Morgor (invented by Grian as a joke), and Checkus (Checkus comes from the wynn map update, where a checkerboard pattern for a ingame map was on the real map. Hence new confirmed province checkus. Thanks to @(Meric) for letting me know). These are definitely 100% real legit provinces.

Okay, once you've read those, here's what to do:
    • If you haven't played since Gavel, I would recommend starting a new class. It's a completely different game now, and you'll have a lot of fun experiencing all the new features as a new player. I'm not saying delete your current classes. I'm saying play through the game as a new character. Then you can apply your new knowledge (and items) to the old, original characters.
    • If you have played Gavel but haven't played since the Gameplay Update, there's no need to do a new character. Just a few notes:
      • At level 80, do the ??? quest. It was revamped and reset for everyone, and the solution is now publicly available (it isn't bannable to talk about). There's a section on the forums called ??? Hunt. It has the full solution, although you'll need other people to help you. It takes...a while, but it is worth it. You get the second-best XP armour in the game. Nice deal for a few hours of your time. XP BONUS DOES MATTER!
      • Don't get too caught up on what you're using for items. We've all used uniques at one point (hell, I sold one for 12 LE) and, at the worst, you can use items from a merchant until you get something good from grinding.
      • Speaking of grinding, there are loads of "grinding guides" that showcase where you should be killing mobs for the most XP. Check them out.
      • That is all for now! Welcome back to Wynncraft and enjoy! If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me or post them on the forums.

// DrakeM1

PS: If this is really good, please sticky plz

Last edited: Jun 14, 2017
    Atom, Rhythmically, yotamdin and 67 others like this.
  2. funnysillyman

funnysillyman lil uzi fan VIP+ GM

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Now we can give this to all the "I've been gone, what's new?" Threads \o/

Hexorcism, Greeni, Gogeta and 4 others like this.
  3. Tekenen

Tekenen Professional Loser VIP+

Minecraft:
    Don't forget about bloomi

Greeni and Gogeta like this.
  4. DrakeM1

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That was the idea! I saw a couple posts like that in the Questions section, so I made this!

5. (Meric)

(Meric) No longer edgy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    and Checkus

6. DrakeM1

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh yeah, can't forget that.

SizzlingBacon likes this.
  7. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    and morgor and corkis

8. DrakeM1

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Luigi McDingle likes this.
  9. (Meric)

(Meric) No longer edgy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Checkus comes from the wynn map update, where a checkerboard pattern for a ingame map was on the real map...

hence new confirmed province checkus

10. DrakeM1

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh ok. Thanks for the clarification.

11. kolleden

kolleden Bop Bop VIP+

Minecraft:
    Mythics we're also added in the gavel update, add that please since its a BIG part that was added.

12. DrakeM1

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ok, will do!

13. AlexisPlay

AlexisPlay I'm that one guy who is a guy. VIP+

Minecraft:
    Why is the water orange and not blue ?

14. DrakeM1

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Where do you see that?

15. AlexisPlay

Minecraft:
    Water is orange XD

16. DrakeM1

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ok. I will change the DEF/DAM.

But the water looks blue to me. Maybe you clicked on the link, so it looks orange?
    Screen Shot 2017-05-20 at 1.01.15 PM.png
    The water looks blue to me.

17. AlexisPlay

Minecraft:
    I didn't click on any link ._.
    This is strange XD

18. DrakeM1

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    OH WAIT I SEE THE PROBLEM.

I fixed it. The circle symbol is a link (it links to a page on circle symbols for some reason) and the blue one was uncolored. Let me know if the problem is fixed.

19. AlexisPlay

Minecraft:
    Ok just did CTRL+F5 and it is back to blue, it's strange because I didn't click on any link O_o

20. DrakeM1

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    All right, I'm glad it is fixed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.