Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Build Autumn Village

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by Rexshell, May 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rexshell

Rexshell Well-Known Adventurer Trial-Mod CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    My friend and I create Minecraft maps (like our recreation of Riddle School) and are working on another new one. I won't give away much about the map itself here, but part of it does include a large area (about 500x300 blocks, but I'll check again when we add barriers) that has a village, fields, a forest, mansion, and other buildings scattered around the land. I built 99% of this, including terrain, trees, buildings, etc. (my friend does redstone/command blocks). It's not totally done yet, but it almost is. I started this project shortly before deciding to use it in a map since I really haven't seen many autumn themed builds without mods and was curious to see if I could pull it off and make it look good. Anyway, enough boring info, here's the screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you like it :)

Sonick, Dohdo, BMW and 25 others like this.
  2. HappyMcDoodle

HappyMcDoodle Funni Computer Virus

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's so pretty :O
    I really like this! Good job

3. Procrast

Procrast Schmoovin' VIP+

Minecraft:
    Why do you have only two likes
    You need more likes
    +1

4. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That's so pretty!

5. PonaeIsAwkward

PonaeIsAwkward huh

Minecraft:
    amazinggg it looks like the autumn that doesn't exist in Australia xD but ye it's bootiful ;3;

6. Rexshell

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thanks guys :)

Don't you guys get autumn like this in southern Australia? Kinda like in the US, but we get it in the north, not so much in the south, haha.

7. Grantdrew

Grantdrew Block Spammer

Minecraft:
    This is honestly a very nice build! I love the trees and the atmosphere. Your builds definitely add to that season, but I hope you can add more vegetation for the ground. Bushes, autumn flowers, etc. It's a very nice project.

8. PonaeIsAwkward

PonaeIsAwkward huh

Minecraft:
    Not rlly im in Queensland it's so freakin hot down here like 16C at night but 30C at dayyyyy

9. and 17 others

and 17 others Famous Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Awesome! :D

10. Goati

Goati actually joeo HERO

Minecraft:
    Maybe you could add some scarecrows in the farms for decoration. You should also try and smooth out the beach transition, it looks kinda weird as it is (beach/land border). Maybe you could add rocks? or something to else to break it up better. You could also add another material to the beach, as it looks rather plain. Another problem is the fact that the boat actually has a taller mast than the bridge behind it, so how exactly did it get there? The river ends up at the ocean, but starts by coming down a mountain and through a watermill.. so did the boat magically appear at the top of the mountain and managed to phase through the watermill? Perhaps adding another river that connects to that one and another part of the ocean could make it more realistic? You could also change the path material in the 8th pic (the fountain one with spruce leaves) to stonebrick/podzol/coarsedirt, and that might make it look more like a path and less like random stonebrick. You should also consider rebuilding a new fountain for there, as its the same as the one in the middle of the village.

Other than that, I love the watermill o-o <3

Also, I built a different version of your boat that I like more (even though it has a taller mast .-.)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I removed the sail because ships don't actually sail down such small rivers - they either row or just do nothing and let the current bring them down.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  11. Jbip

Jbip yea QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    1.12 wool, right?
    That's pretty good! :D

12. Blockamatic542

Blockamatic542 Travelled Adventurer

very cool reminds me of samurai jack

13. Rexshell

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thanks for the suggestions! I like the idea of scarecrows a lot. Might try adding some rocks along the beach as well (there are large rocks in the forest that I didn't post here, so I think the transition should work pretty well). Beaches are a bit tough to texture since not a lot of blocks look good as sand. I used sand/sandstone here which are really tough to see since the colors are so similar. End stone is the only alternative I can think of which imo doesn't look the greatest in every beach build. Good point on the path by the mansion, the path technically should've been the same as the ground terrain only adding the various stone bricks, but that one must've gotten messed up with the block percentages. And about the fountain - there's a reason in the map why it's the same. ;) I wondered if anyone would notice that.

Magic

Seriously though, given the size of the river, it was either make it unrealistic or leave out that extra detail. If it's too obvious I could always move the boat to the ocean. Given what the story is behind the map, some unrealistic bits aren't going to hurt it at all... :)

Definitely! :D 1.12 wool helps a lot.

Jbip likes this.
  14. Goati

Goati actually joeo HERO

Minecraft:
    If you can't texture the actual sand, maybe consider putting something on it? Idk what would be on a beach in your setting, but maybe like a lighthouse or something?

15. BMW

BMW Cows. VIP+

Minecraft:
    I've broken my palms applausing, this is perfect

Rexshell likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.