Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Wynn Tales: The Isle Of Industry

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Grian, Dec 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davicusprime

davicusprime Lightly Salted with a Hint of Cheese

Minecraft:
    There's a main storyline?! :sunglasses:

One thing I love about this here Craft called Wynn... The way you lads n' lasses have designed everything. Even if it doesn't seem to directly relate to a quest, lore or hidden location of relicy goodness, everything looks like it has a purpose, was once part of some lost civilization and/or holds some secret yet uncovered.

For a randomly wandering and oft lost ADHD riddled old Twit, there's always something new (to me anyway) to get lost in. And when I stumble across a well concealed chest in one of these little diversions, it's like winning the flippin lottery.

Carry on, ye Grand Wizards of Wynn! Keep us blocky freaks running amok through the wilderness, poking things with sticks.

-DavicusPrime

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    Plasma~ and Ackro like this.
  2. Ackro

Ackro The true Elite Quadbrid! HERO

Minecraft:
    Beautiful.

But, yeah, there is (or technically, will be) a main storyline. It will focus on explaining things, but it will also hold some tense story in itself. Definitely something to look out for!

Plasma~ and BuffAirSpear like this.
  3. BuffAirSpear

BuffAirSpear Avos Air Assassin HERO

Minecraft:
    you do know that teasing us like this and basically dangling the big prize right infront of us is painful right? ;-; it makes me want the main story line so baaaaaaaaaaadddddd .______.

Ackro likes this.
  4. Ackro

Minecraft:
    That is what people would call "hype build-up", which is something that the MSL is worthy of ;D

NinjaPro8000 and BuffAirSpear like this.
  5. BuffAirSpear

Minecraft:
    indeed .-------. but do you have to get me hyped now already? :((((( ima be impatient ;-; i am just way too curious now what kind of crazy thing the main story line is going to be D:

Ackro likes this.
  6. Ackro

Minecraft:
    :D

BuffAirSpear likes this.
  7. BuffAirSpear

Minecraft:
    meeeepppp nawt helping ;-; but dw i can be annoying :o and persistant :3 some day ima annoy it out of you guys .-. *goes and finds hams*

8. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'd say it's more likec olonazation of America. With peple kicking out the natives, and growing as a world power. Also they do come from another land. And in order for them to get to corkus, they had to go through the ocean, not much but still.

9. davicusprime

Minecraft:
    Sure, and every other colonial invasion/settlement in history, ever.

I am gravitating towards Japan because most of the others were pre-industrial revolution and the Japanese version was still in progress during the 1800's.

-DavicusPrime

Plasma~ likes this.
  10. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Also uncle Granola said that it's like America, I might be mistaken though.

11. Plasma~

Plasma~ Antishitposter

Minecraft:
    No, that was…

SUPER M likes this.
  12. hihock

hihock Poor Slime

Minecraft:
    story telling with papa Grian

13. davicusprime

Minecraft:
    Other random thoughts...
    Corkus history vs. random real world history:

The cultural and political evolution of any fictional nation is going to steal liberally from real life examples. The more parallels and divergences one spots are only
    limited by the amount of history you have in yer noggin to compare it to. So no need to fight over this subject.

I just wonder if something in the fiction was inspired by a specific historic event or if it was more of a stew of a bunch of them tossed in a mental blender and allowed to ferment into some highly illegal intoxicant that we really shouldn't be snorting. But we are anyway...

-DavicusPrime

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  14. timetravellerA&B

timetravellerA&B Watermelon

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yes definitely bype

SageBuilds likes this.
  15. NinjaPro8000

NinjaPro8000 Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    so gavel is japan and wynn is russia....

Seriously what are these guys now?

SUPER M likes this.
  16. davicusprime

Minecraft:
    The villagers are evolved chickens (large nose = vestigial beak)... The Easter eggs are actually hidden caches of ancient chicken knowledge.

The true satanic figure in this world is a trans-dimensional Colonel Sanders and his greatest abomination, the secret recipe of the 7 vile seasonings.

All the cultists we've stumblmed across are cultists of the Great Sanders, and the crystals of corruption are the embodiment of the vile seasonings.

The Bovinists have chosen a path free of fear. The path undefiled by the deep fat fryer of hell, for they have turned their back on the poultry of the past and followed in the hoof prints of the Exalted Salted!

-DavicusPrime

17. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Fight over the subject? I'm just having diferent opinion on the subjest. Every goddammn time I go on forums and see people having diferent opinions, just after few replies someone comes in and says to stop the fighting where the people are just having a conversation. It's even worse when it's a mod, people then get threatened with being punished. It remins me of the time my vice-principal threatened to sue me after I argues with her about that you can't hit women (not just you can't hit people to begin with but you can't hit women), and i think that women can't be violent.

18. timetravellerA&B

timetravellerA&B Watermelon

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    POTATO IS MINE... PRECIOUS.... Precious.... precious...

FREE POTATOS! FREE POTATOS! ONLY $8.99 each
    buy 'em at >>>>potato.io<<<<

(Seriously, go there)

19. davicusprime

Minecraft:
    Yeah, that was all about me, really. I was starting to feel like I had to defend my thinking (sarcasm on) on this super mega important topic for which millions have died and may actually have gotten my panties in a wad (sarcasm off). Which was really not coming from this conversation at all but was some emotional bleed through from a frustrating day irl. Translation: Veiled attempt at chastising myself for getting all defensive.
    I've been a mod before on a miniatures wargame forum for years and rarely misread a reasonable disagreement as a flame war. But we had a three strikes you're out kinda thing going and all recorded violations could be peer reviewed by the admins and other mods so you really had to be an ass before you got banned. Folks rarely got warned more than once (show you're serious about the rules yet reasonable with the enforcement and people fall in line). But if you start pissing off multiple mods you didn't last long at all.

Now that's weirdly over the top... Sued for having an opinion that doesn't match means take you to court?! And you actually sounded generally respectful toward women on your side of the argument?

I can't give such honor to the fungoid evil after what they've done between my toes. The horror... The horror...

-DavicusPrime

20. SUPER M

SUPER M shoop CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Respectful, eh... WEll she's known to speak loudly, I'd even say shouting, and I also talk loudly, however! I distinctively remember that after speaking very loudly, I decidet to calm down and tried to speak calmly. I have a bit of a problem with how loudly I talk, it's a thing to do with the enviorement I grew up in (It's not what you think, my mother just owned buisness that required you to speak very lopudly).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.