Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info In Regards To Duping

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Ryuu, Jan 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryuu

Ryuu bamboozle insurance VIP+ ✎ Artist

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    We just want to clarify a few things since the duping fiasco has been made much more public than initially intended, and we apologize for that. The purpose of this thread is to set a few things straight in light of the current situation.

Q: What do I do if I find a duped item in-game?

If you're suspicious of an item being duped, or you have reasons to believe that someone is possessing a duped item, please tell a moderator as soon as you can.
    • You can report using /report function in-game, or file a report in the report forum.
    • Please do NOT spread any rumors. This often leads to unnecessary witch hunts and you will get in trouble.
    Q: What do I do if I think someone is selling/auctioning a duped item on forums?

Use the report function on the bottom of their message/thread. Please do NOT reply with messages by:
    • Questioning them; asking how they obtained the item, where they got it from etc. We have the resources to look into the situation in greater depth. It's likely that external involvement will only serve to complicate matters.
    • Accusing them of duping. Once you've hit report, we will take care of it. Please do not make additional comments regarding your suspicions.
    Q: What do I do if I obtain duped items? (Picking them up, buying them etc.)

If you somehow come into possession of items that you think were duped, please abide by the instructions below:
    • Make sure to tell a moderator as soon as you can by either PMing them on forums or messaging them in-game.
    • Keep the item(s) in your bank or the class you found it in.
    • The moderator will come to pick up your items. No, you will not get in trouble.
    • If you bought the item and you think the item is duped, please remember and tell the IGN of the seller to the moderator involved.
    This dispute is one that the mod team has been working to settle, and we don't want unwarranted hate, drama, or people pointing fingers as a result. That being said, if you have any additional information at all in regards to duping, please PM a moderator about it.

You may ask questions below, but keep in mind that the amount of information we can leak about the situation is limited. Please don't make jokes or irrelevant comments as they will be removed.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
    BapCai, Choo, aderia8 and 58 others like this.
  2. Terrence23

Terrence23 The Strongest Sistercon Assassin in wynncraft VIP+

Minecraft:
    how can i judge if the item is duped or not?

3. Ryuu

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If you find an item that you think is pretty suspicious (was sold really cheap, was sold from a low level player, was an item you got from a drop party etc. ) then you should message one of the mods about it.

We will handle it from there. It's useful if you remember the name of anyone involved in the transaction (the name of the seller, the person holding the drop party).

NinjaWizard and Plasma~ like this.
  4. Plasma~

Plasma~ Antishitposter

Minecraft:
    They probably all share the same stats. Unless the fool offered to reidentify them.

Ryuu likes this.
  5. ShadowMage1

ShadowMage1 Seraph of Twilight CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    This kind of situation is pretty complicated if they have a high-level class and selling it as a low-level player.

6. Ryuu

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That's why low level players selling things mythics* (thanks @ShadowMage1) are extremely suspicious as they may be avoiding attention. Anyways, it's really only complicated for us :') If you find someone like this, be sure to notify a moderator and we'll handle the rest.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  7. ShadowMage1

ShadowMage1 Seraph of Twilight CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Sorry for editing that, but "things" just accuses the entire group of low-level players.

Czg likes this.
  8. LelPop

LelPop Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    What if they are just using the lower level class as storage for selling? I do most of my trading with my level 7 warrior and level 14 Mage and assassin

9. Ryuu

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    There's a certain amount of evidence that we need to conclusively identify a duper or a person in possession of duped items. Of course, a low level alt for storage is not the only factor. It only arouses our suspicion and leads us to investigate further, but they won't be prosecuted if they're actually clean.

10. stop

stop Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    What happens to the duped item if you bought it without knowing it was duped?

11. JuicedBananas

JuicedBananas Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    We'll try to switch it back with whatever you paid for it, but you'll need to know who you bought it from.

stop and Ryuu like this.
  12. LelPop

LelPop Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    whew

13. Ryuu

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    No, your item will be deleted and we will try to return to you whatever you paid. It's vital that you remember who you bought the item from is something that I want to stress.

14. Tealy

Tealy a businessman of sorts GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Thanks a lot for making this thread, a lot of people were confused, me included, about what went down.

Nyam, airballjordan, ajusa and 5 others like this.
  15. Symfynx

Symfynx Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    This tread. This entire thread. Just +1. Please no more witch hunts. Q.Q

coolname2034 and Stag2001 like this.
  16. Ryuu

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This thread is more about addressing the effect it had on the community in regards to the general atmosphere than the state of the actual dupes. The witch hunts and finger pointing was unnecesary and only served to cause drama, and didn't help on our end either. We don't want something like this to negatively impact the mood of the community as a whole. We realized that we never officially outlined what you guys were supposed to do in a situation like this, so I hope it's all cleared up now.

As for the dupes, we're working on it.

17. SizzlingBacon

SizzlingBacon Enlightened Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If i can ask... What was duped so i can know to look out for those items?

Jacquie likes this.
  18. Ryuu

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I believe the two big ones were monster and gaia. Lament and T6 powders were too.
    That being said, anything suspicious should be reported.

Stag2001 likes this.
  19. DerVillager

DerVillager Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Have there been any further dupes?

20. Ryuu

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Sorry, withholding that information for now.

DerVillager likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.