Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Build Wynncraft-styled Nether City [wip]

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by LavaCat, Dec 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LavaCat

LavaCat Fiery Feline Forumer VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well, this has been a project I've been sparsely working on for well over a year. It's quite a large build (the finished product would be almost 5x the size of Detlas) and not even half of it is complete. As a result, some things may look weird because I haven't gotten around to building and detailing in those areas (plus some head textures glitched out and now they're all regular skulls, ignore those). Without further adieu, here it is:

The Main Gate
    [​IMG]
    As you can see, I'm not done with the gate, but a good portion of it is completed.

The Inner Wall
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So far, this is where around 90% of the build's content is at. The inner city is mainly comprised of small houses, market areas, tents, a few amenities, and one key feature you've probably noticed...

The Crystal of Light
    [​IMG]
    So at this point, you may be wondering "If this is a supposed Wynncraft-styled build, how would it fit into the game's lore?" or "Who even inhabits this city? Dwarves? Civilized Nether Monsters?" While I won't go into specifics (partly because I don't even have a complete lore for the city yet), it's populated by Human miners who got lost in the unfathomable depths of the Nether. Lost in a corruption-induced rage, many of the emerald-seeking miners aimlessly journeyed deeper and deeper into the realm, until some were fortunate enough to stumble upon this crystal. When in proximity to the crystal, it shielded the minds of the humans from the corrupted realm's effects, allowing the lost miners to regain a normal state of conciousness. Since they couldn't leave the crystal's protection, the miners chose to establish a settlement around it, hence the crystal's significance.

Bank
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The entrance to the bank is built into the city's inner wall. It leads to staircases which bring you to the bank underground.

Powder Master
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    At the time I built this, the Gamplay Update hadn't been released and I thought the upcoming Powder Master would be more like a merchant, hence the room is full of powder crates and such.

The King's Palace/Castle
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is the latest part of the build, thus it's very incomplete. It's supposed to be a bit more neat and pristine in contrast to the rest of the city with its crappy, dull houses.

2. TempleOfLegends

TempleOfLegends Emma CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    This looks amazing so far! Keep up the great work!

3. Zoingo

Zoingo The robotic Warrior VIP+

Minecraft:
    I love how the pillars on either side of the gate look like giant heads! The whole build is looking great so far, well done!

4. MrPuppies

MrPuppies Life is Hard

You should honestly apply for the build team :D you got some fabulous skills.

5. Plasma~

Plasma~ Antishitposter

Minecraft:
    I like your idea of a settlement in the Nether. I can't wait to see the whole thing finished. Also, this vaguely reminds me of Rodoroc…

6. ploo

ploo Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    This is reallllllyyy good and you should continue doing the great work! I'd love to see this completed!!

7. LavaCat

LavaCat Fiery Feline Forumer VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thanks, but where do you see giant heads? I don't really see them.

The inner walls were built pre-Gavel, but I do think the gate looks kind of like Rodoroc. Plus the top of the pillars look Eltomish to me.

By the way, this is probably gonna take at least several months to finish.

Plasma~ likes this.
  8. Plasma~

Plasma~ Antishitposter

Minecraft:
    Just faces in the bottom part of the pillars in the first image.

9. Chun_

Chun_ Any broken builds founder,nerfed by Salted VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  10. Francis12qwasyx

Francis12qwasyx Hacker Extraordinaire VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Pretty sweet!

Reminds me a bunch of the old nether map as well! Those were more ruins though than an actual city or village

Chun_ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.