Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Lore/Story Angels And Demons: Chapter 4

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by Amun_Ra, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amun_Ra

Amun_Ra 『One Who Steals the Principle of Fire』

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hub thread: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/angels-and-demons-a-legends-story-hub.163016/
    Previous Chapter: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/angels-and-demons-chapter-3.164277/

Chapter 4: King's Recruits
    ~
    Katherine~

The small road slowly leads us into an open area. There are few houses around, inside a sea of farms. Chickens, cows and pigs stride around in the field.

"Aren't elves from Gavel?" Nicolas ask as we walk along the road. "Why were you born in Fruma?"

"My mother was an elf, and she travelled into Fruma as a messenger from Aldorei. She liked it in Fruma, however, and stayed, and married to a soldier of Fruma. They had to hide me because I could use magic."

Nicolas looks at me. "So you're only half-elf, huh?"

I nod, slightly embarrassed. Nicolas doesn't seem to notice this. He says, "Well, at least you know something about your past. I don't know anything."

I frown. "You don't remember?"

"One day I woke up near Nolden with no memory." Nicolas says. "I slowly adjusted, though."

I found this interesting, but did not broach the topic.

At one side of the road, a man is sitting on a log. He has an axe at his side. He looks up lazily at us. "You're the new recruits that's coming from Fruma, right?" He says. Remembering what the mage told us, we nod. "You're real behind, then. You should hurry, follow this path, and it leads toward the gates of Ragni."

We thanked the lumberjack and walked on. "He's right, we should hurry. Don't want them suspiscious of us from the start." I say. Nicolas nods.

We make our way into another narrow passage, which then opens up into an even larger clearing.

In the middle of the clearing is a big cliff. As we peer down, a harsh river is flowing. A man is holding his head in his hands, and is swearing to himself.

"What should I do?" He is saying. The man look up at us and say, "Another recruits? Well, we can't pass this cliff, the monsters destroyed it! You better turn back to Fruma now." He says.

"Should we..." I start to say, but Nicolas shut me up with a look. He gestures at the man, then shake his head.

"Then..." I walk over to a tall tree at the edge of the cliff. It looks old, extremely old. There are cracks in the tree. "Humph." I say, then give it a nudge with my boot.

There is a loud crack, then the whole tree starts shifting forward. With a huge thump, it lands on the other side of the cliff, making a bridge.

Nicolas jog towards me. "What was it about not looking suspiscious?" He says. I smile and hop onto the tree. It creaks under me, but holds. I quickly make my way across, with Nicolas behind me. When we cross the bridge, we walk toward an entrance to a huge cave. A wooden wall block the cave.

A man in chainmail armour look at us. "I won't let you through in this tunnel unless you have a helmet!" He says, swinging his spear. "There are dangerous creatures in there!"

"Is there anywhere we can get a helmet, sir?" I ask the soldier politely. He points his spear at a small cottage. We thank him and walk towards the cottage.

In there, a figure is facing the back of the counter, counting emeralds. "Hello?" Nicolas says, and the man faces back. Both me and Nicolas is taken aback. The man's nose is huge, about four times the size of a human's. He is as tall as us, and has no hair on his head.

The villager look at us with an annoyed look. "What d'ya want?"

I shake my head and say, "We were looking to buy a helmet..?"

"Oh yea, helmets. Each would cost five emeralds." I look at Nicolas, who shrug and take five emeralds out of his pocket, and hand it to the villager. In return, he gives back a helmet. I do the same.

The soldier doesn't give as a backward glance as we pass him with our helmet on. We enter the cave.

I hear a growl from behind me. We turn around, and comes in face to face with a zombie. Even though I have prepared for this, it is still surprising to see an undead. There were no such monsters in Fruma.

The zombie has green, rotting skin. Its eyes are black and hollow, and is not breathing. A stench of death float around the creature. With a practiced ease, Nicolas use his spear to impale the zombie in its chest. The zombie gives a grunt, then fall to the ground, now truly dead.

Nicolas looks as shocked as I am. "We have to fight more of these. We should as well get used to this." He says.

We hurry our way across the cave. More undead start gathering around us, and gives chase. Even though they're slow, they are still deadly. At the end of the tunnel, a battle is seemingly going on. A group of Ragni soldiers fight the ranks of undead. A soldier sees us and says, "Go, we'll hold them back!"

An explosion happen from one of the mines. A soldier is knocked by the explosion, and falls to the ground, in the middle of the undead. Without hesitation, I leap, higher and farther than any human could, and land next to the fallen soldier. I summon a Spin, and the undead fall to the ground in pieces.

Nicolas and I meet eyes. He nods.

Expanding my wings, I jump into the air. At the other side of the cave, Nicolas does the same. Several shocked cries come from the group of soldiers, but they quickly get over their shock and start holding off the undead. Soon, the undead are overwhelmed, and starts to flee. Some of the soldiers give chase, but most stay behind.

The soldiers smile and laugh, celebrating our victory. They urge us on, saying, "You're already late, you should hurry to Ragni!"

"They don't seem to care that we used magic, or the fact that we're angels." Nicolas whispers to me. I mention this to a nearby soldier, and he replies, "People of Wynn welcome magic. Besides, we need good warriors like you to win this war!"

I look at Nicolas. "We don't have to hide our wings, then?" I ask. "Apparently not." He says.

We make our way out of the cave, where we reach a wooden gate. In front of the cave is a villager in neat clothing.

"Recruits from Fruma? Welcome to Ragni!" He says, and opens the gate.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
    ZiyiCrafting, Plasma~ and Malkavian like this.
  2. Mouse :)

Mouse :) cicetil is no longer a slave VIP+

Minecraft:
    I love how this is inspired litteraly off 2 particles

Amazing story so far

Molfu and Amun_Ra like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.