Dismiss Notice
Want to stay up to date with Wynncraft? Follow us on twitter (@Wynncraft) and join our discord for fastest news, exclusive sneak peeks of future updates, store giveaways & more!
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Incoming Changes To The Wynncraft Store (please Read)

Discussion in 'News & Patches' started by Grian, Sep 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ironraptor3

Ironraptor3 Dragon Slayer, Sabre, CS/Game Dev VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ehem... I really do not understand why mojang would do this.

ANY virtual currency is against the EULA? So like, basic economy plugins, with no relevance to actual money, now allow servers to be blacklisted on the premises of being unfair?
    >>What?
    Simply assigning imaginary values of any kind, in a consistent manner, to items in game is now against the eula... I'm pretty sure that bans a good portion of plugins, even those that do not explicitly have something immediately identifiable as virtual currency.

Additionally, if virtual currency was bought via real money, and was not available otherwise... what is the difference? You are paying the same amount of money, the only use of the virtual currency is to act as a medium to allow purchases through the minecraft GUI's. If buying something on a server's website is fine, why is buying it via a customizable and more readily accessible GUI considered unfair, p2w, etc?

Though I do know that some servers were totally trying to avoid the old EULA, making more stringent and relatively nonsensical rules as opposed to simply pursuing rule breakers with more vigor... does not change a single thing. Servers that were purposely breaking rules will continue to do so, while those that seek the support of mojang will be punished because they opened themselves up to scrutinization. Just, fair, and will totally solve the problem. Right?

Though, then again, who am I to argue against fair use rules created by a company that I have no control over and can choose to drift away from its games at any moment?

2. Thunder

Thunder Chief Thunder HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation-the-follow-up-qa/
    My server features a currency that you can earn through gameplay, but which can also be bought for hard currency. Is that OK?
    Soft currencies that are earned in-game are fine, but you cannot sell in-game currency for hard currency. Hybrid/dual currency systems are not allowed.

Was it this?

3. CupBoi

CupBoi Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    i guess u can say it is the beginning of the end for wynncraft.... rest in peace

4. sami ~

sami ~ ヽ(*ᗜ*)ノ VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I, and some other friends bet that EULA will fokin ban left clicking next.

BUT THE QUESTION IS, do you guys agree? C;

13threemc likes this.
  5. NinjaPro8000

NinjaPro8000 Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I will still support you guys.

However i really only read the part saying no more player towers....

6. PreDawnHydra

PreDawnHydra Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Wow well that is sad to hear i haven't bought anything from the store but iv been playing for at least a year probably the best minecraft server iv played on

good luck Wynncraft

i think the reason mojang is doing this is mainly this reason - they are not making money by watching public servers get bigger. so what they are trying to do is hurt the server enough to the point where people say oh why do i even play on this its a waste of time and hope they turn towards their realms service. well im pretty upset about this. i get they should make rules where you cant buy a rank then oh no one can beat me i have the OP class. but there is literally nothing wrong/unfair about this server it has been perfectly fine if you ask me. They are just trying to slowly kill off servers until you are forced to buy realms.

stlast likes this.
  7. Ophiocordyceps

Ophiocordyceps Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Yeah, probably, the thing is that you can get GC in the nether, fun, oh wait someone can buy it if they have the money without doing work making it pay to win, oh no, EULA ATTACK. Now I think since they can't be gotten with money anymore you should get it in the nether again as it won't break EULA and maybe some other ways so that non-vip/vip+ people can get exp/item/party bombs and other items too.

Now the problem with that is it could possibly break EULA because VIP and VIP+ get bombs and stuff when buying the rank without doing anything making it pay to wynn as far as EULA is concerned and honestly I can't think of a comeback from that so it could stop GC from being obtainable unless buying VIP doesn't give bombs anymore which would cause a rage which may or may not be good idea but you could give VIPs other stuff too, I'm not quite sure.

Anyway if you do make GC obtainable for people who play free I'd recommend making another way for getting it without the nether just to make it a bit more diverse.

8. Obcinerate

Obcinerate Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Look... I ain't here trying to bitch about everything, but here's my two cents.

Stacking was cool you know... Got your friends impressed, ride on pets and convinced them to get Vip....
    I could just stack on someone and check out twitter while traveling #thanksfriends

I understand why this is important and Mojang is Mojang and they got their own stuff to do, whatever.

But can you at least propose some new ideas? Get us hype up? and solve this issue?
    There has to be something, or else the ranks are useles beyond that :(

Stag2001 likes this.
  9. Pretzule

Pretzule eats pretzels HERO

Minecraft:
    We're going to go into what's coming in the next few weeks. Don't wanna reveal all our secrets just yet ;D

stlast and bx2099 like this.
  10. Thunder

Thunder Chief Thunder HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    More classes = more item slots. Also, jukebox. c:

11. Cassi

Cassi potato enthusiast VIP

Minecraft:
    So what do we take from this? Microsoft is ruining minecraft. What was once one of the best games on the Internet is being killed off by idiots who have no idea what they are fucking with.

Isabeau37, FringeTech, stlast and 7 others like this.
  12. BeeMiner

BeeMiner Be Mindful HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    My life jus ended when i read that part! rIP towers and ridin' ;-;

Mrs Sara likes this.
  13. ThrowingChildren

ThrowingChildren Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Does this mean bombs are useless now?

Also, why not ignore these? I heard blacklisted servers are 1.9+

14. TempleOfLegends

TempleOfLegends Emma CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    it doesnt matter....

15. Morgan83

Morgan83 Too lazy to change from Xmas picture HERO

Minecraft:
    Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Pretzuuuuuuuule why do you need to always get me hyped for new things you son of a duck!!!! @Odnod

Pretzule likes this.
  16. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    Holy canoli I did it

I highly doubt these changes were made solely by Microsoft, they didn't buy the game to dictate updates, they bought it as a tool to show off stuff. (like W10 edition)

stlast likes this.
  17. Cassi

Cassi potato enthusiast VIP

Minecraft:
    They chose to enforce eula, even though it hadn't been enforced up until recently, in effect ruining minecraft as we know it.

18. Keeko100

Keeko100 static VIP+

Minecraft:
    I really need to get VIP+. I can't thank you enough for this wonderful game you have created and I am amazed of the blood, sweat, and tears that have been put into it - purely from donation (and shouts). Hopefully you guys figure out a new way to fund yourselves. Wish you luck and for the love of god, don't let this amazing game go down.

19. JuicedBananas

JuicedBananas Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Up until this I've been fine with the EULA. I agreed with the removal of pay to win purchases, I felt that it made multiplayer feel like a more friendly environment without "BUY" being shoved in your face constantly. But I just don't understand why it's necessary to disallow currency that is only used to buy cosmetics. The only reason GC is used is that it's much more user-friendly than having to make a transaction every time you want to use an XP bomb. Wynncraft could still sell everything in the GC store for cash directly; the only difference is that it would require a payment every time, instead of the player being able to buy a ton of GC and spend it ingame when they want to, without having to get out their credit card.

KabalUT likes this.
  20. Odnod

Odnod Duck CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I am at least 90% sure that I am not Pretzule's father.

CoolVictor2002, Morgan83 and Mrs Sara like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.