Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

The World Of Wynn (game)

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Harryisbeast, Sep 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harryisbeast

Harryisbeast rip CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The project has been canceled by the Wynncraft staff. Thank you to everyone who took interest.

Hello Wynncraftians, (Yep, gonna call you something else every big thread I make)
    As you know I have decided to make WynnCraft it's own game, if you haven't heard you can check out the original thread here. From this ALLOT has been brought to mind so I want to make this thread to talk about plans for the future and what is official and non-official. For starters, this is a fan made game and all profit that doesn't go into the servers will go to the original WynnCraft team. Yes, I am doing this completely for free for the community. I have decided that a Voxel style will be very fitting for the game. No, Grian, Salted, and Jumla have not agree'd to the making of this game which is why, for now, it's unofficial. With the spreading of the project hopefully they will eventually notice it. While I'm on that note I should mention that I really appreciate the support you have given me so far! We have broken over 1,000 views on the original thread! Honestly, I wasn't expecting this amount of feedback from you guys but I really do appreciate it. All big updates will have there own thread but any small things such as patch notes will not, as I don't want to create spam. You can always check here if you are curious of the general progress we have made in the game.

Plans before BETA release -

• Working character system
    • At least two classes
    • Banking System
    • Good combat system & health (Not very buggy)
    • All combo abilities
    • At LEAST half of the Wynn Province finished
    • Some character customization
    • Working servers and saving to a database
    • Inventory system
    • Fighting system
    • Dungeons
    • Quest system
    • Good amount of mobs
    • A good amount of items (Hopefully I can get help from a GM for these)

Talking Alpha
    Now, just so you know, the Alpha version of the game will be released not very long from now. It will have it's own application to try and get in but any active, big, content creators and staff will likely get in easily. Just so you know the Alpha will be a singleplayer version and nothing will be saved over to the Beta game, it is simply just so you guys can mess around and check it out. I may also set up a donation system to increase the chances of getting into the Alpha so I can get some help paying for the servers before they come live.

Applications
    So, you want to join the team? This is the place for you! Yes you can apply for more than one.

Have any other questions? Think I left something out? Tell me below!

Last edited: Sep 2, 2016
    Devourer and DragonEngineer like this.
  2. Jamieverse

Jamieverse Legendary Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Pretty cool dude.

But will it be freeeeeeeee

Harryisbeast likes this.
  3. SeemsLegit

SeemsLegit waffles are just pancakes, but with abs HERO

Minecraft:
    Yep I he typed it in a shout

Jamieverse likes this.
  4. Harryisbeast

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yep

Jamieverse likes this.
  5. Jamieverse

Jamieverse Legendary Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Oh shit yay

6. ThePopeOfNope

ThePopeOfNope Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    My name is the Pope of Nope and I approve this message

Bubbles likes this.
  7. Hexorcism

Hexorcism warrior class enjoyer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Amazing idea, Wynncraft as its own game would get big and sell lots

8. ThePyro_

ThePyro_ Mayor of Corkus HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I mean, you may want to play a bit more, get to above level 55 before you start making games based on it. Just a suggestion.

IggyBoii, Gogeta, Devourer and 2 others like this.
  9. Harryisbeast

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Lol, to late! Also, I will be able to get help from GM's if I have any real questions. (And there is a wiki page for a reason)

10. ThePyro_

ThePyro_ Mayor of Corkus HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    After the update, a lot of the pages are outdated. But hey, so have fun.
    *Too late.

11. TempleOfLegends

TempleOfLegends Emma CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I wish i could join the team but i'm not that far into JS ;-;

12. _Star

_Star Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    While it's a really good idea, and i'd be able to help with the development of it if you'd like, there are two main concerns that pop into my head:

1) Development.

This is an issue with most fan made games (I am guilty of it myself). Development goes amazingly for about 2-3 months. Then you realize how big of a project you have tried to tackle, and it can get very overwhelming, slowing the project to a halt.

2) Legal.

While you may not be making money off of the remake, it is still Wynncraft's legal property. I have no clue how much you will be copying exactly, and how much of it you will be re-doing, but either one of those creates an issue.

A) Coping

This creates the obvious issue of copying the companies property for your own use, without consent. (Which is still not allowed, even if you are making no profit off the game) If you could get consent from an Owner, this would be no issue.

B) Re-doing

The issue with re-doing and not copying then is that you are using Wynncraft's forum to basically advertise your own game (depending on how much you copy vs re-do), which again, can and will create issues.

You need to find an okay balance between the two, or get consent from an Owner really. If I were you, that would be my top priority right now before getting a pre-alpha out, because if you put 2-3 months into it, only for the Owners to say no and shut it down, you're out of luck. You legally cannot continue development for it, even on another site, since it is still Wynncraft's.

Just my 2 cents. I don't think it'll get to the extreme of anyone suing, however it very easily could if the Owners say no and you continue development.

FishWaffle, Gogeta, Devourer and 2 others like this.
  13. TempleOfLegends

Minecraft:
    That's more than 2

14. _Star

_Star Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    It's two main points in an outline format. Wynncraft's forum removed my formatting though. A and B fall under section 2.

15. TempleOfLegends

Minecraft:
    O i see

16. modern

modern The irony is that I love the future

Guild:
    This has been done many times before. As a game developer myself who worked on a wynncraft fan game, let me just say...

Dont do it.

Heres why:
    From what I have seen of your game (which is nothing), I will assume you have very little done. I don't know your level of skill when it comes to programming, but I guess you are fairly new. Thats fine, everyone has to start somewhere. Me and @eeveelution made a witchcraft fan game made in Unity called the fall of Annes, (https://forums.wynncraft.com/thread...-of-annes-wynnunity-v-0-2-☆-play-now-☆.96666/) that made it very far, but had to stop, because WYNNCRAFT IS TOO BIG OF A GAME FOR ONE PERSON. And I very much doubt you will get enough people to help you. Wynncraft does not have a big enough community for that.

To add onto the community note, you seem to think that this is to become a official witchcraft thing, which is severely misguided. Wynncraft is happy being a part of minecraft. And that's where it will stay. It just does not make sense to associate outside of minecraft.

I'm also going to make another guess. That this is your first game you have ever made, or that you at least have never completed one. Your problem? You are thinking way too big. Recreating a game that took YEARS to develop in a new engine, without the bonus of a premade framework to build off of? For a newbie that's impossible. Try making something smaller. A sinpler game to learn the ropes of game development. You might be saying now, "But I already know how to develop!" And my answer to that is another question. Have you ever completed a singular game? Please give examples. You can't go from never playing Baseball to pitching in some major league game. You practice, you take steps.

A great example of a wynncraft fan game would be dungeon spire by @I'm the Ice Guy. Do not try to make something like that yet, Ice probably has much more experience then you, but work towards something similar. I do not mean in style or gameplay, but in scope. I'm pretty sure you will just write this off as dumb, or a nay-sayer. Dont. I am giving you important advice it took me years to realize on my own. Goals need to be manageable, put your magnum opus on hold until you can REALLY do it justice.

Ok so this rant covered many topics. The moral? Dont think that your game is a new and revolutionary idea. Dont think that you can pull something off yet. But don't give up either. You need to work towards your dreams, build stairs towards the stars, jumping will only cause you to fall back down, making no progress.

17. eeveelution

eeveelution Wynn Veteran/OG VIP+

Minecraft:
    If this is successful enough and doesn't completely flop like every other attempt at this, including mine, I'll consider applying for dev. The only question I have is if you are using cs or js? If it's js, then 1. I probably won't join the team and 2. You might want to seriously reconsider your language choice, cs allows for much more and switching to it from js is really easy.

Apart from that, pretty much what modern said are my thoughts on this. But if you really think you can do it, go for it. Just one tip - no donations (or at least donation perks, like higher chance of alpha testing) before people actually see and try out the game. You'll get way too many kids saying that they donated 50 Euro and want it back because it's "complete shit", as in not exactly like what they expected. I don't have any experience with donations though, so don't take my word as gospel.

modern likes this.
  18. Ice Guy

Ice Guy I'm a little too icy for you VIP

Minecraft:
    Hey I'm famous enough to get mentioned yay

modern likes this.
  19. Harryisbeast

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I've heard this a million times and I understand everything except that, even though I know the admins have heard, they wont say anything about it. If they shut me down oh well, if I really wanted I could change some things and still make it my own thing but I highly doubt that they would cancel a fan made project. I've spoken to staff all around the server (gms, mods, etc.) and they have given it the okay but the admins just don't see to like talking.

20. IggyBoii

IggyBoii I Have No Idea What Im Doing VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Can i beta test?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.