Dismiss Notice
Want to stay up to date with Wynncraft? Follow us on twitter (@Wynncraft) and join our discord for fastest news, exclusive sneak peeks of future updates, store giveaways & more!
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Wynncraft - The Gameplay Update: Changeblog #1 [powders]

Discussion in 'News & Patches' started by Salted, Jul 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. war_lord_55

war_lord_55 Well-Known Adventurer

y?

2. FunkyMoneyMan

FunkyMoneyMan Loves Pretzule

Minecraft:
    gg
    I was wondering what to do with that red powder you get from like the second quest when you start the game.

3. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    Look on the bright side, multihit is now useless on assassins because of that passive
    And I think the fire passive is for if you're being mobbed by a horde, or if you're dueling against assassin because that thing is the perfect counter to fast attacking weapons and multihit/smoke bomb
    The reason why is that most mages use water for they're builds, and the water weapon passive boosts your damage by insane levels. Not to mention the ARMOR passive is pretty OP, allowing mages to get damage boosts by doing nothing but spamming spells
    The Air passive actually seems pretty good for me, as it's more than likely a forcing tool (you use it to push enemies into corners, or to trap and keep an enemy that's been overwhelming your group in check). You can use it on, lets say, Bob, so you can deal with his swords without having to worry about Bob.
    The Earth passive is also pretty good, as it might be able to interrupt a mob from using it's spell (as it did say it stuns enemies)
    And the Thunder passive seems great for dealing with the minions of a boss, such as the hive drones and those wither skeleton elemental things from final form Amadel

4. Enderman1234

Enderman1234 Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    And if you never use it, because of how bad it is. That means air will be overshadowed, water from the look of this, is good in every situation, making water even stronger than what it was. Air sucks in almost every situation, because it needs rng to be good, or not have lag screw you. Chain lighting needs to do great damage for to to be good against boss mobs. But in the end, water is just too strong in all situations, for killing bosses and farming

Chain lighting need to be very good and high damage for it be relevant or water will beat since they get insane damage so quickly, and air will just be detrimental to the party.
    tgsts something different, this is part two of an expansion. Imagine if WoW didn't add, 107-110 level quests, people would be furious, and they also forgot to add the raids. What would there to do? Valve doesn't do part one of updates, then don't add 70% of the content. The problem is, people think this is a standalone update, when in reality, it's part of the promised product

5. Mistrise Mystic

Minecraft:
    At T5, thunder deals 240% weapon damage to multiple enemies, while water gives 200% damage taken to one. Both are useful for different situations, which is why it's a bad idea to try and put them in the same situation.
    As for air, there is something called coordination, which would help a lot with it not being detrimental to your team. You know, notifying your team to avoid hitting the thing you're about to capture?

6. Enderman1234

Minecraft:
    No, water DOUBLES THE DAMAGE THEY TAKE, for 7 or so seconds. That's insane, and 240% is not amazing compared. Where did you even get those numbers for thunder? Also if waters makes even more than double. Then they really fucked up. Also why not just give all the patch notes now and why not tell us all the item changes at once instead of being so lazy and not wanting to tell us cause it would be "too long"

7. Mistrise Mystic

Minecraft:
    It only doubles the damage for ONE PERSON. Chain lightning deals damage to multiple people. They are both meant to do two DIFFERENT things, so comparing them is like comparing apples and oranges. They're both fruit, sure, but they aren't the same thing and have different contents and appeal to people for different reasons.

8. Enderman1234

Minecraft:
    I understand that, but dealing with trash mobs isn't really a thing in wynncraft, while farming you mostly one shot stuff, and in qira spiders, you can kill pretty quickly, and a chain lightning every once in a while is pretty shitty, unless it does extremely good damage, now it would be good if it was a chance to pro randomly. Then it would very good. The only reason why I doubt that it will do a lot is that the devs have a record of making thing not very balanced. Double damage to one mob is insane. Qira dies 2x as fast, and it's not like she didn't die quickly before. Also about Wind Prison, while "capturing" it, only you are dealing damage to her, slowing down the kill speed. It's hard to coordinate without VoIP. And why can't they explain in detail in one long post at once? Also they aren't explaining In deep detail anyways

9. Mistrise Mystic

Minecraft:
    A. It's a lot easier for one guy with chain lightning to deal with all of the minions than for multiple people to try to deal with both Qira and the minions at the same time
    B. It does not mean Qira dies 2x as fast, as you can only cast it once in a while, and it only lasts for seven seconds
    C. Is it easier to deal with a Qira in the center of a room, where all of the minions aggro onto you, or is it easier to knock her into a corner, where she can be dealt with without the hassle of a bunch of minions? Wind Prison is not meant for direct damage; it's a tool to move mobs around the map and temporarily keep them out of a fight.

10. Happy New Year

Happy New Year Please bring the shoutbox back VIP+

Minecraft:
    a dxp weekend would be kewl after the update :>

11. Kraby

Kraby *insert clever meme* VIP+

Minecraft:
    actually its 8 months later
    and even tho it is coming a bit late the update has more new stuff than the stuff that were promised so there is that

12. TheBlobMiner

TheBlobMiner numb VIP+

Minecraft:
    omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg omg hype

13. Enderman1234

Minecraft:
    Except archer is the best at doing that with arrow storm, and so is warrior. The other calsses are pretty shit at it, and will still be shit at it even with wind prison. Plus, stack multiple water debuffs, and you can constantly have it up. Also, it depends HOW STRONG chain lightning is, it has to be extremely good for that to be the case. Also one water mage could solo all the trash mobs, and probably more efficiently too

14. Kraby

Kraby *insert clever meme* VIP+

Minecraft:
    its not 60% of the content its like 25%
    the province of gavel and the 50 quests with the texture were most of the content

15. Mistrise Mystic

Minecraft:
    So it's not worth stacking chain lightning's because it doesn't last over time? And we had a teaser that showed that the chain lightning deals 240% damage to up to nine targets. And as for the "the other classes are pretty shit at this", have you PLAYED assassin? Because there is a little thing on assassin called multihit that LITERALLY ALLOWS YOU TO CONTROL WHERE YOUR OPPONENT GOES. Also warrior doesn't really have that great of zoning, as bash is morso crowd control with the earthquake, and Uppercut is REALLY inconsistent with knockback, and usually just puts the enemy out of reach. (As for archer, meh, Arrow storm is decent enough, though it does depend a lot on movement speed and spamming it). Finally, it's all about different playstyles. Water mages with curse is a playstyle based on spell spamming, assassins using air can easily trap any enemy in a corner and eliminate them, etc. also, there is one thing we both forgot about; the passives only charge with MELEE attacks (which, lets be honest, are basically never used on water mages), which probably is meant to make it so Quake, Chain Lightning, and Wind Prison, are up more often then Curse, and such can be used more.

Cruuk likes this.
  16. Enderman1234

Minecraft:
    Stacking chain lightning doesnt really do much, much better to just stack fire instead BUT, i didnt know it did 240% damage, which isnt too amazing anyways, but it depends on how fast it charges. I also didnt know it only charges with melee attacks. Also i was talking about warrior shout, and personally i forgot about the controlling aspect of assassin. So that kinda proved my point further that air prison is even less needed, so here is something that would make air prison extremely strong. Just remove the knockback, since the controlling aspect is pretty useless, and would make it stacking with water and fire very strong (and make it borderline broken on archers and assasins, since they attack stupidly fast, but again i need numbers to know how strong it will be. I still dont know how i feel about chain lightning, but i neeed more numbers about it.

Since curse will not be up that much, which i didnt know about, BUT fire will, and fire is still extremely strong, but depends on the numbers again.

If they remove knockback, i can easily see Air + Fire + Water melting bosses.

PS, you cant really doubr archers arrow storm, it has the furthest knockback i nthe game last i played.

Mistrise Mystic likes this.
  17. Mouse :)

Mouse :) cicetil is no longer a slave VIP+

Minecraft:
    Where did you get those pictures

18. Aya

Aya Very Serious Gensokyo Journalist HERO

Minecraft:
    i already feel like using the powders for make epic combos OqO

19. Mistrise Mystic

Minecraft:
    Because it will
    A. Again, different playstyles. Not everything needs to deal insane damage (although Wind Prison does give bonus damage apparently)
    B. Yeah, I agree about the fire passive. It's not only one of the easiest powders to get, it seems REALLY op , especially for groups
    C. The Air prison without knockback would be pretty fun to mess around with, I'll give you that, though they would also have to remove bonus damage because otherwise it would just be a better curse
    D. Arrow storm does have great knockback, but it and multihit are both getting indirect nerfs from the armor fire passive. Can we all agree that fire might become the OP element of the new update? It tends to be melee based, it gives huge damage boosts, it makes fast weapons a lot less viable, ETC?

20. Enderman1234

Minecraft:
    Yeah, fire will become broken in groups and in pvp. But in solo content, water will probably reign king, though air prision with bonus damage isnt a better curse, because its trash with slow, but stupid strong with fast. Curse is just strong for everyone, but as you said, it will rarely proc

Mistrise Mystic likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.