Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Media Wynn News S2 #18 New Cult? Wynncraft Survey!

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by PillowPet, Jul 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PillowPet

PillowPet Lovable Neighborhood Pillow CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    dFxo0sY.png

Hello Wynncraftians!

Welcome to Wynn News, where today we will be discussing a cult that has been growing and growing since it's creation, and a new Survey that has swept the community of it's feet.

[​IMG]

On July 20th, 2016, a thread which can be found here has addressed "a recent sweeping of Homestuck characters made by Ikimaru as profile pictures of members." The thread's purpose was to allow members to "claim" a character as their profile picture so they can join the bandwagon of Homestuck-themed profiles. The idea was a hit, reaching all 32/32 Homestuck characters claimed within three days of the thread being posted. With the amount of members involved with the idea, @Nepeta Leijon pitched the idea to make the group a "cult". They named the cult "Homestuck Ikimaru Cult". We have @B¡øn¡c_Mâg3 here to interview Nepeta Leijon (owner of the cult) over the subject.

Bio.jpg
    Would you mind explaining to us this cult you created?

AJ.jpg
    [​IMG]
    Of course!

The 'cult' is called the Homestuck Ikimaru Cult, and it's a gathering of 32 members of fans of the webcomic 'Homestuck'. The members all use icons created by an artist called Ikimaru, each of the icons related to one of the major characters in Homestuck (The Alpha and Beta kids, the Alternian Trolls and the Beforus Trolls). It's also a way for new members to see which character's icon is available for use and which character's icon is not. Currently, the cult is full, so there are no available icons that can be used; however members occasionally leave, opening up spaces for new members to join. It's really just a fun section of the community which I jokingly named a 'Cult'; as I used to tell people who used Homestuck pictures 'Welcome to the cul- club!'

Bio.jpg

What motivated you to create this cult?

AJ.jpg

[​IMG]
    The idea of the cult actually stemmed from a similar thread I made back around December of 2015, when the Undertale battle sprites where all the rage (remember that, people?). I made a thread with a list of all the characters in Undertale, showing which character's battle sprite was taken and whose was not. The thread, unlike the Homestuck one, withered and died in the grimy cellars of Nemract's bar.

Fast forward a few months, and I'm all the rage about Homestuck. Two of my friends, Kaiser Zahrghul and Ascended Kitten had decided to change their profile pictures to two canon pictures of two characters of Homestuck, Karkat Vantas and Vriska Serket respectively, at a computer. I decided to join in, and whilst chatting with Ascended Kitten in the shoutbox, she suggested we should all change our pictures to icons created by the artist Ikimaru (which I had previously been using). As more people had decided to join in at this point, such as Gamzee Makara using, well, Gamzee Makara's icon, I decided to create the spiritual successor to my Undertale battle sprites thread, with a lot more planning and style put into it. And there the Homestuck Ikimaru Cult was born.

Bio.jpg
    Were you surprised by how many people joined?

AJ.jpg
    [​IMG]
    I was incredibly surprised to see so many people joining my cult in such a short amount of time! Within about 3 days of the thread being posted, we'd managed to get all 32 people to join the cult, one for each icon. I was blown away by this, and I did not expect it to happen when I first created the thread. I even managed to get a few mods to join too (Tantibus, Pretzule and Cloudavia), which was astounding! Consider it a cherry on the cake, but we'd actually managed to fill the cult the day before my birthday, which was probably one of the best presents I could've gotten!

Bio.jpg

Do you plan on disbanding the cult in the near future?

AJ.jpg

[​IMG]
    Not while people are still in it! That'd be incredibly mean, especially with the amount of people in it! (I mean, really, who disbands a massive community of people like that without good reason?)

The life of the cult is determined by the members, and I'll probably only disband it when people eventually move on from Homestuck and pursue other trends. While there are still a ton of members using their icons, however, I'll keep the cult open. I don't expect the cult to live forever, but I'd think its going to stay a while!

Thank you Nepeta Leijon! Pleasure to have you on the show.

[​IMG]

With the new update drawing near, a certain player decided to take a look at what we have already. On July 25th, 2016, @eeveelution created a thread with the link to a survey he created concerning Wynncraft.The thread became quite popular within the first day and eventually 165+ people visited the survey answer questions. This survey covers everything from the player's highest level, to their overall rating of Wynncraft (which the most voted area was 5/5). The community's response was quite positive and most voted that he continue these survey's regularly. We have B¡øn¡c_Mâg3 here to interview eeveelution over the topic.
    Bio.jpg
    What was your inspiration behind making the survey?

eevee.png
    I actually saw a wynncraft survey a year or so ago, made by Dr. Hax/Haxii (Or was it Acer? I don't quite remember.) which was a lot of fun. I suddenly remembered this and noticed that there weren't any surveys on the forums since quite a while now. I decided to create one just to see what people will say and to possibly help out the staff in improving the game. I don't regret doing so!

Bio.jpg

What do you think about the statistics you gathered from this survey?

eevee.png

The results were very interesting to say the least. Some things turned out how I thought they would, but many surprised me. There were also obviously some comedic replies, which still crack me up. I found out quite a few things from the survey, such as the fact that most people that responded had 3-5 stacks of LE. The wealth chart is actually pretty evenly distributed between 1-4 LE and 5-10 stacks. I'm also surprised that over half of the respondents joined more than 2 years ago, and only about 15% joined less than one year ago. I never thought that so many people can be considered Wynncraft "veterans". Almost half (44%) of the people who answered have a class at or over level 91, which is also more than I expected. Gavel quests and Wynncraft in general got 5/5 as their most common rating, which is certainly a good thing to see. The most popular favourite quests were the ones which are set in unique places or have new mechanics, such as Memory Paranoia, Cowfusion, Beyond the Grave, Fantastic Voyage and Shattered Minds. The least popular ones are of course fetch or grind quests, such as Potion Making, ToL, and The Ultimate Weapon. Lastly, the most popular favourite places are Sky Islands, Detlas, Molten Heights, Cinfras, and Canyon of the Lost, while the least popular ones were Canyon of the Lost (mixed opinions on this one, as you can see), "None" and the Ocean.

Bio.jpg

Were you shocked by the community's overwhelmingly positive response to this survey?

eevee.png
    I sure was! It got way more responses than I initially though it would get. As of writing this, it's at 177 which is about 177 more than I expected. It's great to see that the community enjoyed this!

Bio.jpg

Are you planning on making more WynnCraft Surveys in the future?

eevee.png

The people (well, ~90% of them) want it, so I don't see any reason not to! I'm planning to make another one soon enough. If these keep being supported, then I could make it a regular thing.

Thanks PillowPet for having me, it was a pleasure talking to you!

Thank you eeveelution! It was great having you on the show.

That's all we have time for today. Thanks for tuning in, and also for the massive amounts of support recently. It means a lot! We have a new trial reporter by the name of @xMC_Master11x so everyone give him a nice warm welcome! Thanks for reading, and as always

This Has Been
    Wynn News

Wynn News Hub

2. Zelefant

Zelefant wizard fortress will return one day HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    you didn't even use jacksepticeye's intro like I said!

I'm disappointed, pillow!

3. PillowPet

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is a big business I'm running here :P I'm sure jack's watching and I'm not looking to get sued.

4. Zelefant

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yeah because jack is obviously reading our messages now

pls edit

4 me ;-;

5. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    "Top of the [REDACTED] to ya [REDACTED]s, my name is PillowPet and I'm here with a new news edition"?

Doesn't this edition seem a bit small? Normally it's more than 2 'articles', right?

6. Zelefant

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    TOP of the morning to you, laddies! My name is Pillowpet and welcome to WYNN NEWS!

7. PillowPet

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    We don't have as many workers since the break we took. A lot have gone inactive. Also, we look for quality over quantity, and there weren't many quality stories to report on.

8. Icy

Icy Returning Player CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Didn't think I'd survive without important news like this!

Procrast likes this.
  9. Bio

Bio Father of Class Builds Section VIP+

Minecraft:
    That's one shitty sexy interviewer right there!

10. Eric Yang

Eric Yang RIP Mincreafterkid12|THE LEGEND NEVER DIES

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So he really did look through the whole favorite areas.

11. D Strider

D Strider Prince of Heart || God of Wubs || \^3^/

Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    Looks like we got in the news! Just wait, soon the forums will become Wynnstuck!

SpadenadeZ1 likes this.
  12. buukie

buukie Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    i hope you mean "cool and new wynncraft"

13. D Strider

D Strider Prince of Heart || God of Wubs || \^3^/

Minecraft:
    I don't know what the fuck I mean.

14. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    I do hope @Nepeta Leijon and his cult will have fun days! People like me will make sure it prospers!

Nepeta Leijon likes this.
  15. DirtyDoge

DirtyDoge Master Procastinator HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Favorite quest:
    "Sonic and the African American Knight"
    "Memorie Paranoïa"
    "Fucking your mom"
    "YourMomma:)"
    "Memory Paranoia - except that damn boss fight"
    "JOHN CENA- Flight in distress"
    "Samus and the Aboriginal Australian knight"

16. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    Frankly I'm amazed @B¡øn¡c_Mâg3 didn't let his prejudice get in the way of interviewing @Nepeta Leijon

DirtyDoge and Bio like this.
  17. DirtyDoge

DirtyDoge Master Procastinator HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I just really want to hear the story behind the first and last one.

18. Power :3

Power :3 Drowned in projects VIP+

Minecraft:
    Aye, we made it on the news!

19. Procrast

Procrast Schmoovin' VIP+

Minecraft:
    Hey, are we talking about Youtuber intros? I'd suggest Pewdiepie, but that's been long overused.
    Wait! I got it!
    Whaaaat is up, [Wynncraft] Nation, I'm your host, [Ever-lovable Pillowpet], leeettts get roooiiiggghhtt into the [Wynn] Neeeeeeewwwsss
    @Killer Meemstar

eeveelution and Sprite like this.
  20. Sprite

Sprite sprtie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    *Krunches on Komedic Keem's Kreamy Krunchy PopKorn*

Procrast likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.