Dismiss Notice
Want to stay up to date with Wynncraft? Follow us on twitter (@Wynncraft) and join our discord for fastest news, exclusive sneak peeks of future updates, store giveaways & more!
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Wynncraft - The Gameplay Update: Changeblog #1 [powders]

Discussion in 'News & Patches' started by Salted, Jul 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    Well there is no point to having lower tiers of powders so

bx2099 likes this.
  2. YYGAYMER

YYGAYMER reeeee FW FW HIC Master HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    huh
    Does powder works on your stats..?

3. Morgan83

Morgan83 Too lazy to change from Xmas picture HERO

Minecraft:
    Why not just collect the T6 ones?

donda biblioteca likes this.
  4. NamesAreHard

NamesAreHard Mage Enthusiast (She/He/They) CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    thats next

5. TheAule

TheAule The Smithy of the Valar

Guild:
    For the first week or so after the update releases, the T6s will be SWARMED, but for good reason. This looks like a lot of thought was put into it! (now we just need more quests and a cactus nerf and less gooses)

Moe_Ronickah likes this.
  6. HeckinGay

HeckinGay Classy and Sassy CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is a lot to take in even for a small chunk. But I just keep thinking about boosting my Az's thunder damage and doing damage to multiple mobs...and then electro-charge greaves with the empire builder..... all promising things to keep in mind ;D

7. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    If you're referring to the spell damage properties of +tier attack speed, that's not happening, +tier attack speed is getting fixed this update so that it only affects melee DPS the way it was supposed to rather than boost spell damage, in it's current state it doesn't even affect melee DPS, it may look like your weapon swings faster, but the DPS has not actually been affected by +tier attack speed at all.

If you are referring to using +tier attack speed the way it was meant to work with Empire Builder along with the special abilities that powders add by using melee attacks while shifting, well, good for you.

8. YourLocalGamer

YourLocalGamer That player that has that one Creepy follower.

Hopefully the pet riding thing will be fixed. :P

CheesePrince13 and Cruuk like this.
  9. HeckinGay

HeckinGay Classy and Sassy CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I just try to be optimistic even if ignorance to mechanics that I could easily fix by doing research is a method ;P But the second was what I was referring to, although I didnt know the first one worked the way it did, good to know. Also, your signature is super creepily trippy :)

10. theIronCraftler

theIronCraftler Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Tbh I think I saw a post from Salted or so where he claimed that Spells are calculated by ur dps. That would mean it's not a bug that it boosts Spelldamage. However it actually IS a bug that it doesn't boost ur dps (melee attackspeed) ingame. So imo I would like to both to be ingame.

11. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    Why yes, attack speed has a special spell multiplier of sorts that changes the spell damage based on the attack speed, with super fast having the highest, and super slow having the slowest to balance the 2 out... And, it has been confirmed that the +tier attack speed ID boosting the attack speed spell multiplier is not intended, at all. Ask @Selvut283 .

No, in it's current state, +tier attack speed makes spell damage absolutely ridiculous in terms of power, do you wonder why Melee builds are never used right now? Because +tier attack speed, the ID that is meant to boost the potential of melee-only builds, does the exact opposite, and if they were to make it so +tier attack speed boosted boost melee DPS and spell damage, this wouldn't change a thing! Even if melee DPS was finally fixed and the special attacks of powders being a thing, +tier attack speed with spell damage would still reign supreme! Having +tier attack speed boost both ways of attacking wouldn't change the current broken meta one bit.

12. CrazyCookie

CrazyCookie The Craziest Mage

Minecraft:
    Where's the Gameplay Update: Changeblog #2? I need to refuel my Hype Train.

13. NeonRider

NeonRider Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Finally I have a reason to come back and play

14. TwageTomato

TwageTomato Coder | Like-Giver | Tomato | Musician CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    So, lemme get this straight. There is a modifier to spell damage based upon the weapon's attack speed that helps even out the damage of super fast and super slow weapons, and this modifier was supposed to only look at the BASE attack speed of the weapon.
    However, there is a bug that allows IDs on armor and accessories that boost/hinder your attack speed to change said multiplier, which is not intended, and will be fixed in the coming update. Is this correct?

If so, that leads to another question: What about attack speed IDs on the weapon itself, like Tisuan's Proof, Chakram, and Return to Ether? Seeing as how I'd think @Selvut283 would have balanced the item's base damage around the fact it has a boosted attack speed from its own ID, should that specific boost be taken into consideration? Or would it be too difficult to code such a specific caveat that we will be expected to do without? (I completely understand if it is too hard to code, and have no qualms if this is the outcome.)

15. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    Tisaun's Proof is kind of meant to be a jack of all trades of sorts, with Melee Damage and +tier attack speed (when it gets fixed) for melee users and spell damage for any spell-users.

Chakram is literally only 1 attack speed from Super Fast, and even then, Very Fast still has a pretty strong spell multiplier.

Not too sure about Return to Ether, I'm too lazy to look, but I'd imagine even after the fix of +tier attack speed, it'll still be a good weapon for it's level and playstyle.

I think my favorite part about +tier attack speed getting fixed is that when the patch that fixes it releases, I no longer have to make very long posts stating that it doesn't do what it's supposed too.....

TwageTomato likes this.
  16. TwageTomato

TwageTomato Coder | Like-Giver | Tomato | Musician CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    But I had the first part right?

17. Cruuk

Cruuk yopyop HERO

Minecraft:
    Yes, you are correct, I believe Normal attack speed is 1.7x, Super Slow is 0.5x, and Super Fast is 4.0x, I don't know the rest, and I heard those spell multipliers from a post by Selvut in a thread a few months back...

Morgan83 and TwageTomato like this.
  18. moreiron

moreiron Have Wand Will Travel VIP+

Minecraft:
    super slow= .5
    very slow= .9?
    slow = 1.4?
    normal= 1.7
    fast=2.6?
    very fast=2.9?
    super fast= 3.6
    no ? I am almost positive
    ? I am pretty sure but hazy. I saw it posted by Salted/Selvut and tried to memorize it.
    The numbers make sense when you look at the subtractions to damage % items have, they still boost, but are somewhat offset.
    Also Selvut has said that modifiers that would modify a weapons speed to go faster/slower than Super fast/ super slow don't have any effect.

Also, weapons that have a built in tier modifier finally make sense, in that they are meant to be mixed use melee or spell weapons but with an edge in melee. Making them handy for builds that use both styles. Or possibly handy as back up weapons, like the weapons that do all five elements in damage (that are low damage).

Cruuk likes this.
  19. Moe_Ronickah

Moe_Ronickah Traveling through hyperspace . . .. CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You can go to a powder merchant, I think that's what they are called, and pay to combine powders, too. Four lower level powders = 1 of the next higher tier.

It shouldn't, as far as I know. You can still get the powders from the appropriate Relic Shrines.

No kidding! And you've been doing a good job of it, too.

20. TheHipster

TheHipster Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    then you gotta make long posts about how it is working how it's supposed to

Malkavian and LotKnockMC like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.