Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Monster Hunter - Generations Is Out!

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Jaycee, May 8, 2016.

?

Yes?

1. Yes.

2. Yian Kut-Rex.

3. It's not like Gogumajiosu-san LIKES you or anything, you b-baka!

4. っ(◑_◑)っ

5. Wait... what.

6. frick

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devourer

Devourer Lava Warrior VIP+

Minecraft:
    Oh. My. What. This. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Here is a review of the areas I've been to so far:

Jurassic Frontier - This place is fantastic. Plains, forests, caves... AND MUSHROOMS WHICH BEAT LIKE A HEART?! Love it!
    Dunes - I never liked this area much... until now. They added sandstorms in some areas and the graphics make this place actually look good. Not to mention all those Apceros corpses!
    Misty Peaks - Seemingly dangerous wooden bridge? Check. Waterfalls? Check. Reeds? Check. Love this!
    Marshlands - Doesn't look nice like the others, but it's not meant to. It gives a dangerous, ruined feel which I like. You can just feel the urge to look out for Duramboros when you come to that tree stump.
    Verdant Hills - Second favourite area to Jurassic Frontier. It has canyons, and awkward places, which make it somehow loveable. Then there's the small areas everywhere.
    Arctic Ridge - It's okay, but I like all the others, except Dunes maybe, more than this.

That's it so far. I've also had fun with monsters which are new to me such as Nibelsnarf. The only monster I've hated so far is Blangonga. I barely survived that thing. Luckily, I used a hunter art combination of Lion's Maw and Ground Slash right when I ran out of potions.

2. Snakers28

Snakers28 mlg pro kobold mage

I've been spam playing the demo, and having alot of fun with it. Light bowgun FTW! They really upped the difficulty on this game though, and i've even had a bit of trouble beating the MACCO. On MH4 ultimate, could do Great Jaggi and Teusecabra in half the time limit.

3. Jaycee

Jaycee Still waiting for MHW VIP+

Minecraft:
    Aw yiss. **** Apceros. Trying to go mining in the volcano, those buggars never leave you be...
    Low rank version of Rajang, anyone?

4. LoyalFlush

LoyalFlush Very Pleasant

Minecraft:
    Aerial Swax is nuts.
    Charge blade is still pretty fun.
    Nargacuga returned. Nuff said.

5. Devourer

Minecraft:
    That's what I thought when I fought it. Urgh, I hate Rajang even more though. They're enraged half the time, and the rest of the time you're healing or preparing. Wonder what they'll be like in MHGen though.

Monsters I've had trouble with (though I haven't got stuck on any so far):

- Nargacuga. As much as I love these things, they use their most op move when you start dealing lots of damage to them. I'm getting better at dodging it though, and the move does leave them vulnerable
    - Nibelsnarf's armour made me realise how urgently I needed that bealite ore and larinoth hide to upgrade my slab of fossil. Tried attacking their head, didn't work.
    - Blangonga. What I said before. They really remind me of Rajang. The only difference is, I actually stand some chance against them.

Monsters I'm dreading fighting:

Glavenus. They look powerful from that one quest early on where you fight them. I'm preparing my cats, my equipment... and most importantly, my sanity.

6. Jaycee

Minecraft:
    I've gotten to where I can fight him, but each time I look at the quest...
    [​IMG]

Devourer likes this.
  7. Devourer

Minecraft:
    One thing I forgot to do all this time was to make my own traps and tranq bombs.
    So when I did that Shogun Ceanataur quest, I had only 3 tranqs, all of which I used when I thought it was low. Literally 30 seconds later, when I tried and failed to do the subquest, I saw it move to another area on my map and sleep.

8. Jaycee

Minecraft:
    tfw you find out the skills kind of knit together AND the set looks fabulous
    [​IMG]

edit: no nevermind it was a flop

Last edited: Jul 25, 2016
  9. Devourer

Minecraft:
    Which set?
    Also, I only just got stuck yesterday. On the quest where you steal the Astalos eggs. I hate transporting quests.

10. Jaycee

Minecraft:
    Must be a village quest... I got to 5* in village and kind of gave up from there.

11. Devourer

Minecraft:
    That happened to me now because of that quest. The reason why you can't progress in five star village? There is a three star egg quest with Astalos, steep drops, and a tonne of minor monsters. Once you do that, you unlock the Astalos quest in five star. I think you also have to do other three star quests which have Mizutsune and Gammoth in them, and those are given by chiefs. Basically, do all the chief quests until you unlock three of the Fated Four.

12. Jaycee

Minecraft:
    Which is why I said, "Oh **** it." Other than forcing the player to, there's really no driving reason to help the other villages.

13. Devourer

Minecraft:
    And also getting max points, completing all the quests and getting unknown rewards for doing those final ones with 3-5 large monsters (in previous games they usually give you something).

14. Devourer

Minecraft:
    Anyone else tried the Deviants yet?
    I fought Redhelm. He took 45 mins to kill. I died twice. I lost all my potions and used 4 whetstones. I had to cap him in the end before he got a chance to kill me. If you have not fought him, here's some advice:

Don't underestimate a Deviant. They are NOTHING like normal subspecies! For example, normal subspecies gain a few moves, maybe more attack and health. Isn't that the same with Deviants? No. Take Arzuros. If it had a subspecies, that would be as powerful as a normal Lagombi. Yes, it has more attacks and is more powerful, but it is still easy to fight. But Redhelm is as powerful as an elder dragon. That funny monster which was somehow loveable is now one of the most dangerous things ever.
    DO NOT USE AN ITEM IN THE SAME AREA! Both times I died, I did that. It walked up to me, and used its one-shot claw uppercut. That will destroy you.
    The one good thing about Redhelm? It has no status effects. Every other Deviant has one.
    Bring everything possible. Bring anything which heals, or can combine with something to be even better at healing. Bring those capturing items (I know I needed them!). Bring the best weapon and armour you can make.
    And finally... make sure you have at least low rank Uragaan armour, or an equivalent of it. Or if you can, bring Deviant armour! As for a weapon, at least either level 6 starter weapon or a level 2-4 upgraded weapon.

I actually used the gathering amulet, but you might have something better than that. I used a mixture of Uragaan, Najarala and Rathalos armour. I used Guild Great Sword, and the weapon was a level 2 Nibelsnarf weapon.

15. Jaycee

Minecraft:
    when you finally break the adamantine mohawk

Devourer likes this.
  16. Devourer

Minecraft:
    Erm... okay.

17. LoyalFlush

LoyalFlush Very Pleasant

Minecraft:
    I've fought the lagombi variant. It's not too tough. The moves are predictable enough. It does one-shot really easily. The armour is practically designed for aerial style. I used lr tetsu and upgraded petrified axe when I first fought it.

18. Devourer

Minecraft:
    I'm waiting until I fight Nakarkos, because it's the one monster I really want to fight. After that, I'm going to do the Deviants as much as I can. Then maybe do the other HR3 quests I miss out, then continue through High Rank.
    For the set of deviant armour, I'm thinking of using either Deadeye or Nargacuga armour. However, I heard that you can get talismans with the soul bonus. This apparently has a max of 3, which means that you can use this instead of two armour pieces. I'm then going to use other pieces of armour to get an extra bonus, and I'll either use a deviant weapon I like or a weapon with a few slots if I need them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.