Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

My Theoretical Map Of Wynncraft

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SPYROHAWK, Jul 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheHipster

TheHipster Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    The Twain family plays a small part

That's an understatement one of the children is the reason why Nesaak is so fucking cold

Yuno F Gasai and Reyko like this.
  2. SPYROHAWK

SPYROHAWK Head Grand Theorist HERO

Minecraft:
    Tbh that's still kind of up in the air. We have pretty much said that the ancients brought them or are at least related to the , but we don't know why or for what purpose. Perhaps to take them away from "the eye"?

We really don't know for certain, other than its related to the ancients and Dern.

But if it is he twain family, the dark magic in Dern (related to the crystals) could have some ties to the dark magic hunters that the twain family originated from

3. TheHipster

Minecraft:
    It only makes sense for it to be Twain's, they're literally located in Nesaak!

The Caritat's were in Gavel during (or shortly after) the Decay which appeared several years before the War of Corruption if we placed the events in timeline order.

The Dark Magic is heavily implied to be Thunder related btw

4. SPYROHAWK

Minecraft:
    Umm... Pls explain that last sentence again?

5. Ghalt

Ghalt I don't even know what I am now

Minecraft:
    The Ancients brought the Crystals to the jungle to hide them from 'The Eye'. The Eye could use them to dominate the corruption.

6. TheHipster

Minecraft:
    Like, Dark Magic you mean Dernic magic right?

Dernic magic is probably Thunder related

7. hmtn

hmtn Archivist of the Realm VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i'm just here to note that the ragni outskirts are actually tilted 90 degrees from where they should be, meaning the area is actually hugging the ocean
    [​IMG]
    (excuse my terrible scribbles) the red path is a simplified version (the actual is way more curvy and the cave actually loops and brushes ragni) of what you follow and the blue "dots" are the teleports, meaning that this area, in terms of where it would actually be, does in fact hug the ocean

8. Tantibus

Tantibus Chairman of the Wynnviet Union, God of Dern CT Manager HERO GM CMD

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Uhhhh no. that's not how it goes. You do a zigzag in the cave, but you still enter Ragni Castle while moving eastwards, towards where Ragni actually is. And sure enough, when you get teleported inside, you're still facing directly eastwards. It's not tilted 90 degrees, it's positioned right.

Moe_Ronickah likes this.
  9. hmtn

hmtn Archivist of the Realm VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    just checked it, there was a turn i forgot to put into account

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    Moe_Ronickah likes this.
  10. Shanaaro

Shanaaro . HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thunder is the stand-in element for Darkness damage.

11. SPYROHAWK

Minecraft:
    Where did you guys get to that assumption?

Yuno F Gasai likes this.
  12. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm with you here, first time I heard about this thunder/darkness thing.

13. TheHipster

Minecraft:
    Prepare to be amazed, YunoHAWK

First off, let's go down with the basics of the Thundra element

-Has random buffs/debuffs
    -Can provide negative Melee and Spell DMG
    -Can provide positive Melee and Spell DMG
    -Usually has effects similar to Earth such as Poison, Lifesteal and Thorns
    -Allows you to wield fast weapons (sometimes slow for some reason) that deals more hits per second but less damage (usually)

The Thunder element provides randomized effects and as such I believe it represents Destructive Magic, giving you either extremely high damage or low (i.e Fatal) or extremely fast DPS at the cost of lower damage or perhaps reducing all your buffs by a %.

Now a quote from Selvut!
    If you need proof it is from Selvut click HERE

Moving on, let's look at two items that are related to Dern, starting with

Dern's Desolation

Now at first glance it's not much, just a random rare that happens to related to the Thunder element.
    However the fact that it is called Dern's Desolation changes the whole concept of this weapon.
    Why is it called that? As we know in the lore of the game Dern is believed to be a "Far-off Darkland", why is that? Maybe it's the fact no-one has been there in years, decades even. Those who are rumored to have traveled there never seem to return. It is widely accepted that Dern might no longer exist with a civilization, it could be destroyed and in ruin.

There are loads of theories about this but I will link you to one thread that helps explain the importance of this weapon, credits to @Devourer , click HERE

Now the second item I want to explain is much easier as you are all familiar with it,

Abysso Galloshes

The very obvious thing about these boots as of right now is that they came from Dern, as their description states they're "rumored to be crafted of Dernic stone" but notice it's attributes and bonuses.
    Water and Thunder related buffs. If these boots and the spear I mentioned before both came from Dern and both have Thunder related elemental effects, what else could it mean other than the fact Dern, the Darkness or Desolation is Thunder based?

In the quest "Lost Soles", you stumble upon the mansion of the Sodeta Family.
    The heir to the mansion asks you to help him and he says he has lost a pair of boots a "gray-skinned visitor" gave him. As both of you know, the Abysso Galloshes are from Dern and the gray-skinned visitor is rumored to be from Dern too.

In the quest Fantastic Voyage, when you enter the Dark Realm (also rumored to be Dern) you are greeted by gray skinned natives (gray is often used as a substitute for black in Lore as black doesn't look very good in concept art), who are weak to the Earth element but are strong against Thunder and deal Thunder damage.

Looking back on the Sodeta family, we know that the gray-skinned visitor gave them the Abysso Galloshes which are crafted from Dernic stone and we know that the natives of the Dark Realm are gray-skinned.

The Sodeta family resides in the Dernel Jungle where you can find a basement with signs talking about an entity called The Eye and how the Ancients fled Dern from it. The basement is occupied by this Ancient and it share the same model as the natives of the Dark Realm, which must mean the visitor who gave the Abysso Galloshes was also similar in appearance.

Due to this gray-skinned visitor having been in Dernel Jungle and the signs in the basement telling us the Ancients fled from Dern, it is not far-fetched to assume Dern is close to Dernel Jungle.

That must mean that, if the Dark Realm natives and the Ancients are the same being, they both are Thunder themed and they gave the Sodeta Family a pair of boots that are Thunder themed and a spear can be found related to Dern that is also Thunder themed.

One last thing, the Mages are said to have learnt their Blink spell (Teleport) from Dern and as we know, Blink deals Thunder damage.

Devourer and Yuno F Gasai like this.
  14. Yuno F Gasai

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    most weapons have random buffs/debuffs
    same for negative melee and spell damage
    same as above
    those are there to make up for the low hits
    there are a lot of slow thunder weapons
    the huge range of damage is there to balance the crit function of dexterity.
    there is also rot of darnel which is an earth wand and another dern weapon which does net damage only.

also I was under the impression that the dern inhabitants and the darkness were two different things, why would they have the same powers?

15. TheHipster

Minecraft:
    that's related directly to the Dernel Jungle though

Wynn's alternate realm is Corruption
    Gavel's alternate realm is Light
    Dern's alternate realm must be Darkness as it's the opposite of Gavel and Light

Since the Ancients fled from Dern from The Eye, that must mean that something happened to the province and destroyed it and if our theory that the Dark Realm in Fantastic Voyage is Dern ends up being correct, then that must mean the Darkness leaked out into Dern and took over, kind of.

I speculate that The Eye is the Beast of Dern and was the Guardian of Darkness before it took over Dern.
    Similar to how Orphion is the Beast of Gavel and is the Guardian of Light.

16. SPYROHAWK

Minecraft:
    Ok woah that's a lot of info. I will try to address it the best I can.

I knew all this except for Sulvets quote and that blink does thunder damage. We have long ago connected the fact that all Dernic stuff has thunder in it, but did not know why. (Well setting aside one earth-based mob that I am covering soon).

Bth it's the quote from Sulvet that strikes me as interesting (really you could have just used that quote and saved yourself the trouble of everything else)

I will admit, it's interesting to say the least. BUT... But but but! I still don't think it's darkness. I will tell you why.

We need to be very clear about Dern vs Darkness. I agree, things from Dern have the thunder element, fine. But Darkness things I believe would not have Thunder, they would have a different element (it would be strange to see thunder fighting thunder). What element beats thunder? Earth. Which (if my theory is correct) we already see a darkness mob with this element (hint: you tagged him in the thread)

But then again, Sulvet did say it was evil. But once again, evil, not darkness.

Really you give good info, but it's hard to say. If @Selvut283 (omg it's with an E not a U?) could come and clear this up, it would help. (And yeah, I know the tagging mods rule, this should be fine)

TheHipster and Yuno F Gasai like this.
  17. Yuno F Gasai

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm with spyro on this one, he worded what I meant to say better.
    And about tagging moderators I think its ok in this case

TheHipster likes this.
  18. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Look at mobs generally considered to be evil. Naragath, Arcane Skeletons, Werewolves, Corrupted/Shadow Amadel. All thunder-based. Note that this isn't universal; thunder can also be used for electrical-attacking mobs, or just mobs that can hit quickly in theme with the effects of thunder weapons and dexterity...but generally, evil entities are thunder-elemented.

But again, this isn't 100% universal, looking at entities such as the Corrupter of Worlds. He hasn't got -any- element damage to speak of, but he resists Water, Earth, and Thunder. There's no doubt that he is something very evil indeed, but that element combo, earth/thunder, is generally viewed as the "corruption" evil while fire/thunder is sort of, at least in my head, the "demon" evil. Looking at items such as Inferno or Cage of Bones(or anything with "Nether's" in its name), both items made from the demon Garaheth, they're Fire/Thunder, and the few Earth/Thunder items in-game right now either explicitly say they're corrupted, or were references to Lovecraft(The original name for Petrified Horror was Stone Shoggoth!). In addition, another exception is their weakness. Oftentimes, their weaknesses are simply put there for balancing or according to the elemental rock-paper-scissors rule instead of anything meaningful.

This allows for some exceptions to the evil rule. For instance, let's look at the fundamental forces. Light and Darkness. From the descriptions and effects of certain items and enemies, we can judge that in general, Water and Air are "light" elements, particularly Water/Air together. Nearly every item based around Water/Air is holy-themed or gives SP regen. But, let's look at "dark" entities. Succoru Parasites, the Devourer of Light boss, the Ancients, and the enemies from Fantastic Voyage(or so I'm told; I have actually never done that quest outside of testing and I did that before the mobs were added). Arguably, the Succoru and Devourer of Light are evil, seeing as they are, well, destroying light. At the same time though, look at the Corrupted Heliolux. They get the Thunder-element when before, they were element-less. But, instead of a weakness to an element considered to be good, they just have an Earth weakness, going according to the element wheel. If it was a good vs. evil thing, they would be weak to Water or Air, which means it's just darkness instead of direct evil...but then again, I could be reading the situation wrong. This is mostly conjecture anyhow.

It's rather tricky to explain, but I hope you got the gist of it.

19. Inactive User

Inactive User Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    tl'dr:

Evil enemies tend to be thunder based and there are Lovecraft references.

20. SPYROHAWK

Minecraft:
    So what I am getting is that most evil things are a combination of thunder plus another element, based on what force they inhibit (corruption, decay, darkness, light, ect). Their weaknesses are either due to the element wheel or "good" element (water/air).

This does remind me of something. You said how corruption was typically fire/thunder. In the ancient city, the Ancients are all thunder based with earth weakness. However there is also a corrupted ancient with the fire element which is weak to water. Which fits into your fire/thunder thing (I know there are more examples, that's just the one I thought of).

So @TheHipster...

I believe we can say Thunder is based for either evil mobs or thunder mobs, but I don't think we can directly say it is equivalent to Darkness.

We agree on that?

Yay! One of the rare times Yuno and I are on the same side!

TheHipster and Yuno F Gasai like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.