Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Featured Wynncraftian Featured Wynncraft Season 3 Episode 1 - Wynncon Founders

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Bank, Jul 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tantibus

Tantibus Chairman of the Wynnviet Union, God of Dern CT Manager HERO GM CMD

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Okay, let's settle down here. Bank was trying to stop this from erupting to a flame war. This thread isn't meant to be a place for arguing about who got picked and who didn't, and that's what he was trying to prevent. He might not have handled it perfectly but he was still trying to do his job. EDIT: To add onto this, even if what Bank said was a bit offensive, you should still try to respect what he was doing and not try to continue the argument. Sometimes it takes a bit of a threat to calm down a flame war.
    Let's not try to ENCOURAGE flame wars.

Ackro, Pretzule and i eat bees like this.
  2. Nepeta Leijon

Nepeta Leijon Rogue of Heart ♌ Leittarius CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't know about you, but I think with bank essentially saying 'Shut the fuck up, I got to choose so your opinion doesn't matter. I don't care what the community wants, I'm the one in power here and I'm gonna ban you if you disagree with me.' isn't exactly saying 'Hey, I'm sorry, please don't start a flame war.'

A quote from bank himself:

Mutton's response to Kitten's post?

Doesn't sound like bitching to me.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  3. Ascended Kitten

Ascended Kitten The Greatest HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't want a flamewar to happen, and I am not working towards one.
    I am defending my opinion, which was more or less "insulted" in what you describe as an "attempt to stop a flamewar"
    If necessary I'll move to PMs, but I'd prefer to settle this here, in a conversation where insults are not required to get your point across.

While I see what Bank wanted to achieve, he provokes the opposite, using threats to scare off potential replies.

And as far as I know, fear shouldn't be a moderators weapon.

Shanaaro, Bio, Ha_Ha_Redstone and 7 others like this.
  4. Tantibus

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Even if Bank did not handle the situation perfectly, that is no excuse to continue arguing as well. That's exactly how flame wars start. So, let's all just drop the topic of who we think does or does not deserve FW, because that is not at all what this thread is meant to be about.

i eat bees likes this.
  5. Piano

Piano Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    If I may interject I would honestly think just apologies would be better off to end the argument, not simply "dropping it". Otherwise neither side will have real closure on the situation.

6. Tantibus

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm not saying apologies aren't allowed, I'm just saying that opinions about who does or does not deserve FW shouldn't be on here, as it's just easy flamewar material and goes against the entire purpose of Featured Wynncraftian.

i eat bees likes this.
  7. Nepeta Leijon

Nepeta Leijon Rogue of Heart ♌ Leittarius CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I agree with Pianoboy:

I think Kitten just wants Bank to apologise for being so blatantly rude to her and stomping all over her opinion saying he knows better than the community; essentially acting like a child having a tantrum in the process.

Bio, Yamipanda, ShadowMage1 and 4 others like this.
  8. XavierEXE

XavierEXE ♪ Wynncraft's Composer and Ability Tree Lead ♫ ♪ Music Item Team CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I'm just gonna completely ignore the argument before this
    How often do you expect to do FW, and do the previous FW nominations even matter?

Yuno F Gasai likes this.
  9. GTX 1080

GTX 1080 GTX 1080 VIP

Minecraft:
    feels.jpg heeliesfeelies.jpg

10. Tantibus

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    As I said above:
    Apologies are how you end a flame war, not start one. So I can't really say "no" to those.

We don't have a schedule set in stone for FW, and we certainly don't want to make any promises, but we are considering a few of the previous nominations. We just did something different for the first new episode of the season, but that doesn't automatically make the nominations invalid.

XavierEXE likes this.
  11. T-Flex

T-Flex At the gym HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Congratulations to picked few members of the Wynncraft community for the FW spot!
    You guys thought of something new and refreshing. It seems it brought community more closer and people enjoyed it. In my books, you deserved the spotlight. When I 1st saw the Wynncon thread I never realized it was such a big deal between the community members. Kudos for that.

Regarding the questions, 1 big is missing, and that is "What is Wynncon". I don't want to be redirected to 3 different threads to find out what it is. I also don't need 3 pages long explanation, but a simple "Wynncon is <insert small description here>" would do.

I read the rest of the replies here, and I am not going to address most of them, mostly to avoid drama, but I do want to mention 1 thing for the future.
    Voting for people that deserve it - that is hard, since most voting is done based on popularity. I'd rather have mods decide who is going to be FW than to have a biased community vote for their friends. Amount of votes shouldn't determine the FW, but only serve as an indicator.

DJBorbo, Ackro, Broettinger and 4 others like this.
  12. TheHipster

TheHipster Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    lmao no offense bank fam but if you only see friends come and go on Wynn you need to get laid

ShadowMage1 likes this.
  13. Tantibus

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Basically it was just a fan-made convention hosted on a private server. Gained popularity quick and a few staff members including Grian even showed up.

XavierEXE and T-Flex like this.
  14. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    who do you think they come with?

15. TheHipster

TheHipster Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    free dental care

XavierEXE likes this.
  16. Pretzule

Pretzule eats pretzels HERO

Minecraft:
    With all of these arguments I can see why we stopped doing this when we did. I mean if nothing changed and people will still criticize and argue about who is chosen why should we do it anymore. Just because some people aren't chosen or the people who were aren't liked doesn't mean that they are the only ones ever to become one. We will be taking suggestions from the community and people that we think deserve it, it's just how it's going to happen. Plus you really have to remember Featured Wynncraftian gives nothing truly special, it is just so we can pick members of the community who we believe have done some good and something unique. But I am serious about having it stopped if everyone keeps arguing about who gets it, if you believe that someone deserves it then suggest them and they will be put on the list. We are trying to do something for you guys, and if you don't want it then we don't have to do it.

Lotem, Imaxelius, Mrs Sara and 7 others like this.
  17. Jack Jackson

Jack Jackson Best News Anchor Out There GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Excuse me, but did you make Cowfusion, the clearly superior quest to Fantastic Voyage? No? Conversation over.

Shanaaro, Ackro, CrazyCookie and 2 others like this.
  18. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The Gambler, Jackpot, Prism, Wavedash, and Poison Ivy. I don't think he made any others, but I could be wrong.

01100110111 and XavierEXE like this.
  19. Tantibus

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I also made Suppression and a few other rings that nobody cares about.

01100110111 and XavierEXE like this.
  20. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Oh yeah; Ring of Fire, Coiled Briar...and Bubble, I think?

XavierEXE and Tantibus like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.