Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

The Decline Of Wow

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by EscapedConvict_, Jun 7, 2016.

?

When did you leave?

1. World of Warcraft (2004)

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. The Burning Crusades (2007)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Wrath of the Lich King (2008)

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. Cataclysm (2010)

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  5. Mist of Pandaria (2012)

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  6. Warlords of Draenor (2014)

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  7. Still Playing

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EscapedConvict_

EscapedConvict_ Travelled Adventurer

I think most people agree with me that Wow has declined in recent years the number of subs have been declining over the past 4 years. I personally stopped playing after Cataclysm about mid way thru 2011. So for any former WoW players I am just wonder after witch expansion did you stop playing or are you still playing? Also I hate blizzard at the moment for shunting down my favorite private server. R.I.P Nostalrius wow.png

Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
    Crue911 likes this.
  2. Dawn UwU

Dawn UwU Midi Musician HERO

Minecraft:
    I actually have never played wow but if the movie is any good then I think I may

3. CoinSmasher

CoinSmasher Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I play wow myself and I know the reasoning why wow has declined, it's because activision recently purchased blizzard and so the recent expansions are doing horrible, but I'm thinking legion is bringing it back a little, ;) slowly but surely.

4. EscapedConvict_

I dont think I could ever go back its just changed so much since lich king And I feel that its strayed to far from the game I used to love all MMO have their life span I think WoW Is hitting it. The things they added such as garssion take away from the magic and not to mention the inflation coming back as a new player is petty unlikely for me. or maybe i'm just nostalgic ;)

5. Crue911

Crue911 where? VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    tbh I expect the number of subscriptions to increase since overwatch just came out and a lot of new people that never played a blizzard game before will wana try Wow. (also the movie and the new expansion should make the numbers go high at least temporarily)

6. EscapedConvict_

Know the history of video game movies it probably won"t be.

7. Argagaes

Argagaes Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I never fully left, although I usually have huge breaks from it and I just come back for events. The point at which I feel like it got ruined however was when they released cata... fuck flying :/ Even dungeon finder was shit in my opinion. I also tried nost, had 300x more fun than on live since cata. Never forget D:

8. Pwnguino

Pwnguino Neigborhood friendly social experimenter VIP

Minecraft:
    played wow only for hearthstone promo ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

9. MinerDwarf222

MinerDwarf222 I AM A DWARF. HERO

Minecraft:
    I stopped playing WoW.... but that's more because I have gotten to lvl 100 already and had I think started to play Gmod more...
    Also because I take huge breaks from games...

10. Wynntastic

Wynntastic Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    WoW thats interesting

11. Flubby

Flubby left and accidentally became leftist VIP+

Minecraft:
    I think we need to remember that Blizzard makes other games. They have two other massively successful games named Overwatch and Hearthstone. The people who currently handle WoW are dicks, not all of Blizzard. Besides, it's not my right to judge them. I left WoW when the developers started acting a bit crazy with MoP, but I still love them as a team overall, for giving me some of my happiest moments. Sure, the WoW dev team may be tanking the game, but Blizzard is still making some games that people love.

12. CoinSmasher

Minecraft:
    Blame activision, it's their fault some of blizzard is this way.

13. Zelefant

Zelefant wizard fortress will return one day HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I never played WoW, it wasn't appealing to me. I don't think it will after i had a bunch of WoW fanatics in my class last year.

Yeah, it was disasterous.

also explains why overwatch looks like shit

14. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    "The decline of WoW"
    7.5 mil players

Then againt, people say minecraft is dead even though it has like 8 mil players from what I know

15. CoinSmasher

Minecraft:
    It's "The Decline of WoW" because it had 10 mil players and it when down, far and fast.

16. meesv123

meesv123 A Dank Meme from Idk

Playing since BC and Cata and Mists wasn't that bad. Cataclysm gave you the feeling you were battling this big danger and Deathwing and Ragnaros were badass and I loved The Twilight Hammer Clan. And Mist of Pandaria had beautifull music and I really liked the whole Rebellion against Garrosh.
    WoW is a really good game if you just started. But if you reach max level the content just goes down by a lot. But I love the feeling of leveling up and getting that spell you always wanted and to choose what area to go to. And the story is one of the best you will ever find in games, it is so deep and so interesting and there are so many mysterious things in WoW such as the kids that come together at 12 PM in a house in goldshire and do this strange ritual or the visions of Yoggsaron. I recommend playing it, you will love it.

17. CoinSmasher

Minecraft:
    Yes, Ik those 2 expansions were great, what I meant by blame activision I've seen MANY wow players say that wow is getting declined because activision had recently bought it, and they were recently saying, WoD is shit because of activision, WoD is the worst expansion ever! Etc, etc.

18. meesv123

meesv123 A Dank Meme from Idk

That's bullshit that they say that because Activision has no saying over what story/content is in the game.

19. Skofidus

Skofidus Well-Known Adventurer

I quit wow in wod, but i will comeback when legion comes out.

20. CrazyCookie

CrazyCookie The Craziest Mage

Minecraft:
    I first played WOW when I was 9 (can't remember what expansion that was) and stop playing at the mid of cata. I quit not because cata was shit, it's because of school (Apparently when you turn 11 shit just got real at school). I tried to comeback but my pc's graphic card was broken and can't hand games. I'm currently using an ASUS laptop that can barely play minecraft without Optifine.

Liek if u cri everytiem

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.