Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Media Why The Wynncraft Economy Is Close To (if Not Already) Garbage

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Defunct Fighter, Apr 18, 2016.

?

Are you in the ghetto?

1. Yes

13.2%
  2. What is up my fello gangsta'?

86.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thunder

Thunder Chief Thunder HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What I consider scamming:
    1. Buyer tells seller the worth of something as fact, but that worth is under-priced and ridiculous. (Buyer tells Seller that Mythic is worth 10LE. Seller sells it to Buyer for 10LE because that's what it's "worth".)
    2. Selling something for an unfair amount of money. (EX: Mythic for 15 stacks of LE)
    3. Buying/Selling items from Merchants for more than what they are worth from the merchant. (Ultimate Weapon/ Masterpiece, Pink Wool )
    4. "Selling something that is grossly overpriced, tricking someone into buying an item that was not promised."
    5. Some other stuff like bidding after buyout in auctions, etc.
    6. Grab bags, pick a slot and get that item for an LE, etc. (kinda meh about this)

What I consider NOT scamming:
    1. Buyer offers stupidly low amount of money for something, and the buyer accepts the offer. (Seller: Selling Mythic, offer. | Buyer: 10LE |Seller: Sure.)
    2. Seller sells something for a set price, but seller doesn't know prices. (Seller: Selling Mythic for 15LE | Buyer: Deal!)
    3. Maybe some other things.

MajesticMaj likes this.
  2. Defunct Fighter

Defunct Fighter Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Considering that I just presented information based on current events, you've been the only one attempting to start a flame war of any sorts.
    "TL;DR" is in-fact an abbreviated slang.

Yuno F Gasai likes this.
  3. TheDesk

TheDesk Good luck.

Minecraft:
    So on what grounds are you accusing me of scamming for? Also, I’d like to say that just because someone doesn’t know prices, it is not alright to take advantage of that. That’s scamming in my eyes. Sure, if the buyer KNOWS the real price, and just wants to get it off his hands fast, thats alright. But scamming always has a beneficiary and someone who was negatively affected by it. Buying a 42 xp Bad Wolf for 1 LE just because the buyer doesn’t know the real price IS meeting both these requirements. You are gaining a stack of LE while the person you’re buying from is losing a stack of LE, unknowingly. When that person realizes how much that costs, how do you think he’d feel? From personal experience, I can say that it feels terrible.

Oh, you wanted to buy my +2 attack speed Electrocharge Greaves for 48 EB? Sure!
    Later, I realized it was worth much more. And I was pretty pissed off that person let that happen to me.

4. Jaycee

Jaycee Still waiting for MHW VIP+

Minecraft:
    yep
    I've done that
    sold a mythic for 10 LE, that hit home

XavierEXE and Thunder like this.
  5. Thunder

Thunder Chief Thunder HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    What are you talking about? I have no clue...etc. *Hides the fact that I misread the 1o stacks of LE thing*

6. TheDesk

TheDesk Good luck.

Minecraft:
    Lol i see you've edited your original post :p

Thunder likes this.
  7. FlamingPinecone

FlamingPinecone infinite lava source VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't count that as scamming, and if you want to avoid that heres a tip:
    Use the price check thread

8. TheDesk

TheDesk Good luck.

Minecraft:
    Nobody replies.
    Scamming always has someone who loses. In cases where the person sells for wayy lower because they didn't know pricing? They're losing. If you've ever been scammed in this way, you'd certainly say its a scam.

9. FlamingPinecone

FlamingPinecone infinite lava source VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Life always has somebody who loses. Its a fact. Know your prices. Get someone who knows their prices.

Andy0132 and Thunder like this.
  10. TheDesk

TheDesk Good luck.

Minecraft:
    Yeah, someone always loses in life. But you can say that it was an unfair loss almost always. I don’t think that you’ve ever been scammed in that way before. You think that its alright to do that just because someone doesn’t know prices. Is it REALLY just to buy someone something for wayy less than its worth? What do you think?

I just found a max mana Aquarius and I don’t know what its worth. You say, oh! Can i buy for 2LE?

You aren’t explicitly telling me that it’s worth 2LE, however, I assume that its worth 2LE, as I trust you enough to not scam someone else.

Sure, we all lose stuff in life. But is this REALLY your justification? Oh! I killed that guy. Tons of lose their LIVES every day. I guess its alright for ME to take part in it. If you don’t consider it scamming, then I hope you at least see that its a bad thing.

11. px_1

px_1 Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I know i am way too late for it but please do not create any kind of flame war from this point onwards, i will have to close thread otherwise, thanks.

12. Andy0132

Andy0132 King Beneath the Mountain

Guild:
    Eh, I'll respectfully disagree. It's one thing to encourage somebody to sell at a poor price. It's another to accept a significantly advantageous deal. Always ask if the price you're selling at is a good one - if you don't, it's on your wallet.

It is the responsibility of the one who might lose money to ensure they're getting a good sum of money for the deal. There are always third parties around to price-check for you ingame. If you sold at a price disadvantageous to the buyer, then too bad - the buyer ought to have checked to ensure they bought at the right price. If you sold something for a price below its value, then too bad - always double-check your prices with passerby.

I fail to see the connection between murder, causing the irreplaceable loss of life, and the loss of in-game money that can easily be replaced at any moment through grinding.

Once again, make sure you check prices. I have no idea what an Aquarius is worth - if I were to sell it for less than its value without checking with someone (A friend, passerby, the person you're selling to...), I'd grit my teeth and learn my lesson.

Now, if you've asked the person you're selling to, and they say that such is a fair price without having checked themselves? It's the blind leading the blind. Neither side knows what the true value of the weapon is.

If it's willful deception? Scamming plain and simple.

EDIT: Several edits have been made since the original post to expand on details, and to reply to other points made by TheDesk.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  13. TheDesk

TheDesk Good luck.

Minecraft:
    Well, that wasn't my intention :c It didn't really feel like a flame war on my end; more like a debate.
    I guess the topic has strayed. My bad.
    I will hold my opinion, and others should be entitled to theirs. I was not trying to denounce anyone's opinions, instead, I was trying to explain my side of it.

Alright, I'll stop replying to comments that relate to this.

14. EJCrusher

EJCrusher Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Money. there's too much of a flame so i don't know what to say

15. TheMeteorPhoenix

TheMeteorPhoenix Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Should have put at the end... "Make Wynncraft great again."

XavierEXE and Defunct Fighter like this.
  16. kioph

kioph ahh yes heavy melee hmm yes

I would support that.

XavierEXE likes this.
  17. ShinyAfro

ShinyAfro Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    At the same time, when offering prices and you have no idea either what the item is worth, the seller is not going to be like lol no, that's too high. I have got many items really cheap, most of them the buyer puts buyouts low. If i estimate somethings worth to be 2le and it turns out to be 10le, that's usually a pleasant surprise. Generally when selling things, it requires a bit of common sense and research, but no one got time for dat so we just take risks. Unless you are buying things for the sole purpose of reselling i literally don't see the issue with offering low prices. Generally, i dislike the whole offer thing and would prefer listed hard prices as it makes it easier to see what somethings worth. You can literally just go to another store and compare prices like i do on most games to get a ganeral idea of an items worth, which this popularity of this "Offer only" system new players are at a disadvantage as there is no easy way to compare worth. As such i generally estimate the worth and go under the estimated worth by around about 10-20% depending so the seller just literally corrects me on my price back to usually what i figure its worth and then i offer 1 le lower and we go like 32eb lower because i like those EB all about them gotta catch em all. but anyway, what i do think would be scamming is offering low and selling high, or making a sob story to exploit kindness like "Oh noes i only have 1le pls" and then them selling it for like 5le later.

I once sold my sage with 39% xp for like 3le and later wanted it, though i kept to my word and ended up getting a 40% one for like 3le, then to find people auctioning sages for like 10+le with 40%+ xp, I really wouldn't consider something like that scamming as it happened to me as the buyer and sellers perspective it was literally just bad and good luck.

But basically replace scamming mentioned previously in my post with being a dick. That's really what it is. What a REAL SCAMMER is, is tricking people into buying something of lesser value then what was said. For instance, if i were to sell a mythic wand pure with 500% spell damage for 32le, then switch it for an exactly identically looking wand that is actually grey before they click the tick and trade really fast, before they realise they got scammed. That happened to me in runescape, back when i was 12 but i got over it easily. But that is real scamming and i assume the only bannable type.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    Ventus333, Reyko and Thunder like this.
  18. Reyko

Reyko Wynn Soldier HERO

Minecraft:
    There was this guy earlier who offered a stack of LE in-game for a +4 Mana Regen Memento and I was like "Uhh, that's way too high for a Memento." Turns out he was a noob like me in the market so I sold it to him for 7 LE. (I wanted to get the Memento off my hands so if it's considered cheap, then that's why. If it's too expensive then whoops.)

About the set prices on items, how does a "minimum price" for items sound? I'm still a noob in the market.

19. Baezingashinga

Baezingashinga Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Quite a lot of rich people don't do that believe it or not.

20. kolleden

kolleden Bop Bop VIP+

Minecraft:
    theres a probebly good explenation for all those price fuckups (or at least i'll try finding them)

the main thing behind the black horse is "demand and supply", and it originated alot befor gavel was even out...
    it all started when vip town was removed, and by that extent the black horse merchant as well... that made the original unquestionalbe price for black horse (1 le) into alot more, since its you have a 30% chance (about) to get a black horse for 48 eb, and with more players failing at breeding it made the value of black horse rise up by about 2 le, which seems completly understandable

powder has 0 justefications for being sold for even 1 eb, for 1 reason: relics. There's a freaking green powder relic in nivla woods, which is like the easyest area to get to when you spawn, and for FREE even.

on the bob mythic/CT topic... theres also an explenation: the weapons are suppose to be good nowdays, it was started long ago that "the bob mythic weapons should be able to carry you to at least lvl 85", and paying the old price [10-20 le (IMPORTANT TO NOTE: the original prices for those was about 64-32 le, it was lowerd to its 20 le price since it got dune duped)] got turned into higher prices (i personally belive its not the case but thats not important).

XavierEXE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.