Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Media Why The Wynncraft Economy Is Close To (if Not Already) Garbage

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Defunct Fighter, Apr 18, 2016.

?

Are you in the ghetto?

1. Yes

13.2%
  2. What is up my fello gangsta'?

86.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Defunct Fighter

Defunct Fighter Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    As normal, the "TL;DR" version is at the bottom.

So, I guess I could consider this a part 2 to the previous rant on General Suggestions with the community (If you've seen that). This time I plan on going after Wynncraft directly please don't hurt me, GMs. So, if you've been paying attention, prices in the trade market for simple items like powders, relic gear, and even horses have skyrocketed from the already high prices. Here are a few examples I've seen from the top of my head (Prices may vary):

Green powder I: 1-2 eb to 3-5 eb
    Black Horse: 1-2 le to 3-5 le
    Bob's Mythic _____/Corrupt Treasure: 10-15 le to 20-30 le

So, yeah, those are only a few of the rising in prices. Under normal circumstances, this would be normal and beneficial (Inflation = more people = more items = better economy). That is not the case when inflation happens too fast, however. Once Gavel came out, everyone rushed to complete the quests and get to level 100, earning all the liquefied emeralds possible. Not including selling items (And off by a few for quests like "An Iron Heart part II"), you get about 82 liquid emeralds from quests alone. Let's assume you're a low-grinding person and only get 8 le from mobs and make it a clean 90. Let's assume 1,500 players 100% all emerald-giving quests and didn't submit a photo to @King Joffery's thread (At the bottom is a link). That creates 135,000 liquid emeralds, in itself. That's insane in itself, but enough about the poor, time for rich people!

On King's thread, only 9,501 liquid emeralds were recorded. That's pretty small compared to the average citizen, right? Not really. He didn't incorporate the emerald blocks and emeralds into account with division. Here is the real le count:

9501 le / 1 = 9,501
    583,583 eb / 64 = about 9,118.5 liquid emeralds
    38,8922,163 emeralds / 4096 = about 94,951.7 liquid emeralds

Add them all together to get about 248,571.2 liquid emeralds. No joke. If you've ever taken a laugh look at Germany's history, this is essentially the same concept. Germany screws up, so they print a crap ton of money to pay off debt. One slight problem: That money is now global, and hyperinflation started. It required a wheel-barrel full of money for 1 loaf of bread. The poor got completely screwed, and the rich made wallpaper out of money (Not kidding). The rich will continue to stay afloat in the economic world (Or continue to duplicate 120 le 40/40 white horses), while the poor slowly die in a hole. All that's left is for Hitler to take over Wynn and it's a perfect pattern.

Thread referenced: https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/total-money-count-almost-10k-les.89947/

"TL;DR"
    If you're poor, you will most likely never get to middle class
    If you're middle class, there's a 25% chance you will become rich
    If you're rich, congratulations! 80% of the community hates you for wealth!​

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  2. RemRin

RemRin Goddess of Air HERO

Minecraft:
    I think me buying potatoes for 1 Le each says enough...

3. ! 3 !

! 3 ! Wynntils Developer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG] Wow... That's alot

Kimjdav likes this.
  4. Thunder

Thunder Chief Thunder HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    rip dark theme

Stag2001, mothwolf, Mrs Sara and 7 others like this.
  5. ! 3 !

! 3 ! Wynntils Developer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Same.

6. Nepeta Leijon

Nepeta Leijon Rogue of Heart ♌ Leittarius CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The thing is, Wynn and Real Life are very different.

You used the event in germany where it cost a wheelbarrowful of money for bread; and bread is neseccary for survival, because it's food. Poor people got screwed because they couldn't afford essentials.

However, if we say, need a wheelbarrowful of LE for a mythic, nobodies going to get screwed other than the consumers. You don't need to buy mythics, it just makes the process of getting them way way easier; almost like entering a cheat code to deal tons of damage.

Even if LEs become equal to Emeralds, normal players can function completely fine. In game, Emeralds are used to buy potions and identify things (as well as other things but these are the main). The villagers don't suffer from inflation/deflation at all, because they essentially void your money. The weight of money on the NPC market doesn't change at all.

TL;DR:
    This only affects the player market. Emeralds hold a constant value on the villager market.

7. Frostburn

Frostburn Famous Adventurer

"If you've ever taken a laugh look at Germany's history, this is essentially the same concept. Germany screws up, so they print a crap ton of money to pay off debt"
    We can get into history if you'd like, because that above, is a lie.

The economy is not screwed up because of the Gavel release, it was already screwed up when the duping of LE and pumpkins happened, duplication of currency hurts the economy more than quests that give out a specific amount of currency.

8. FlamingPinecone

FlamingPinecone infinite lava source VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Who pays 5eb for a green powder one?
    @Selvut283

9. captainganon

captainganon God of k | Derpalope VIP+

Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    just one, and you goofed

10. FlamingPinecone

FlamingPinecone infinite lava source VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Really? 32 EB for a Black Horse?!?!? A black horse costs 144 EB just to breed!

11. Defunct Fighter

Defunct Fighter Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    You are correct in this regard, and we are very fortunate that villagers aren't affected by inflation. At the same time, in order to get good gear, you need to either rely on luck, or buy it from someone. So, if you're part of the lower class, well, let's hope you have 10 luck plus bobblehead.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    With certain items that were once useless now insanely good (Cough, treasure boots, cough) or high-powered items being bad in the new system, along with more le from quests, Gavel definitely banged the economy.
    This is why I rarely use your hipster-abbreviation-slang

aayl likes this.
  12. Bio

Bio Father of Class Builds Section VIP+

Minecraft:
    Of course Donald Trump made a thread about how the WynnCraft economy is garbage

13. TheDesk

TheDesk Good luck.

Minecraft:
    I don't think this is true. I entered the market a mere 2-3 months ago, a month or so after Gavel Update. Now I can safely say that I can afford almost anything. I played before there was protection against constantly farming loot chests. But after a while, i stopped. I had around 1 LE when I came back. Sure, I don't think I can say that I'm RICH per say, as in the 10 stacks of LE the other players have, but still a quite a bit of wealth accumulated from that 1LE. How I did it? I sold stuff and I got lucky with IDs around level 60-70. The poor can always get higher up by getting lucky with items. Sure, the rich have much better equipment, but that's only because they've bought it from other people. Those people have found them somewhere. Wealth in Wynncraft isn't like wealth in the real world. If you have money in the real world, you are more likely to succeed because you can afford education, living/health accommodations, you are able to invest in certain businesses. However, in Wynncraft, gaining money has nothing to do with currently having it. (Unless of course, you are a shitty douche who preys off people who don't know prices. In that case, sure, you make money by putting a bit of your own into an item that is worth several times more. But again, you'd have to be a shitty douche to do that.)

Ventus333 likes this.
  14. Thunder

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Isn't that like EVERY rich person?

DirtyDoge likes this.
  15. los_pollitoz

los_pollitoz Cringe: https://lospolltioz.deviantart.com HERO

Minecraft:
    Oh god xD
    I accidently added a second two to the +38.8M emeralds
    The real number is supposed to be 38,892,163 emeralds

16. Crue911

Crue911 where? VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    back in my day you could buy a good and trustworthy maelstrom for 2 LE.

17. TheDesk

TheDesk Good luck.

Minecraft:
    I don't scam. I would never scam. However, it is MOST of the really rich people. I can contest as I've been scammed multiple times when I started out selling my stuff. Do you have any reason to call me a scammer?

18. Thunder

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It depends on your definition of scamming, a scam, and a scammer.

19. TheDesk

TheDesk Good luck.

Minecraft:
    When a person buys an item for much less than its worth, fully knowing that they are getting a huge discount. Ex, I was scammed out of a 49loot jera for 1LE. The other person actually TOLD me that is what it was worth. Anyways. People think that if a person doesn't know prices of something and sells say a 42 xp bad wolf for 1LE, its their fault, as they accepted trade without any coaxing. Thats also scamming, as you're letting the person sell an item for way under the price.

20. Frostburn

Frostburn Famous Adventurer

As you can see from the graph you showed here, this was years past WWI. Germany did have to pay a large fine after WWI, but they shouldn't have been forced to pay it since they didn't screw up, they weren't the ones who declared war on little Serbia. Austria-Hungary did, they owned Serbia and Serbia didn't like it. Serbia ended up creating the "Black Hand" to kill "Archduke Franz Ferdinand"(And his wife by accident) who mistakenly visited Serbia. Germany did have to print out massive amounts of money, but this was to pay workers who went on a general strike, but that's not the point. Germany didn't screw up, Austria-Hungary did. They didn't print money cause "they screwed up" for WWI, they printed money so they can pay workers who went on a general strike, which was a poor decision.

The 4 images tha-. Wait...No, the 3 images that you shared with me only shares inflation without context why. The other two just show mone-, only one shows money that could have come from any country that used bills/notes.

There's some history for you, ya twat(I need that last bit as much as you need that final image).

No Tl;Dr, spend time going through this(Too long; Didn't read, this isn't a hipster abbreviation, it's easy to understand).
    AND NO, this isn't tinder for a flame war.

Kalmer, Ventus333 and scallysche like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.