Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Media A Note From Igbar - Our Late Moderator

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SilverMirror, Apr 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilverMirror

SilverMirror Retired IM HERO

Minecraft:
    Hello guys, I don't feel appropriate to do this as this will probably be a controversial video and might even start a flame war (plz dont), but after watching the following video, I feel like Igbar pointed out several concerns about wynncraft and made some suggestions that I think it would benefit the community.

Note that Igbar made this video and not me, all credits to him.

[Igbar brought down the video, please expect a newer and more objected commentary video from his channel, if he doesn't mind i would post it on here to replace the old one later]

What Igbar stated in the video really pointed out some of the issues of wynn, as a dedicated veteran player myself, I am personally a fan of wynncraft, and appreciate how wynncraft is right now. What Igbar said has somewhat been better in the Gavel update with quests that can carry you up from lv 70-90 and such. But in Igbar's vision, I can see a wynncraft with a better and brighter future with more people truly enjoying the game itself. I hope to share this to you guys, some might find it nonsense, some might find it great, and I find it inspiring

EDIT:
    Ok I feel like editing this in, I share this video in the hopes of creating a peaceful and friendly discussion among the community. I found Igbar's video and concerns with Wynn inspiring, while he is still a man and no god he does make mistakes, moreover we all have different opinions and perspectives in how we view his video.
    What I'm saying is that please do not take his words as an accuse or my thread as a hate post. And use objective and positive tone when commenting, be mature. <3

plz don't hate

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  2. xKindredKinesis

xKindredKinesis .[_]. VIP

Minecraft:
    basically
    the reward you get for grinding is quests
    quest requirements break immersion and the end rewards aren't all that worth it
    and like 53% of all quests now have required boss battles

that's what i got from the video

3. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    the level requirement on quests is a failsafe to keep low level players from running into bob. its also so the quests will be more spread apart.

4. Hajri

Hajri of Arabia HERO

Minecraft:
    I actually Agree with him try lvl 90+ grinding you will hate your self

I won't like the thread because you didn't really make the vid nub

5. SilverMirror

Minecraft:
    i'm sure that everyone have his/her view on this video, i just found it inspiring and feel like it would be beneficial for more of the community members to see it

thank you for watching the video i don't need a like

6. xKindredKinesis

xKindredKinesis .[_]. VIP

Minecraft:
    yeah basically
    i left my input as a comment on the video

XavierEXE and SilverMirror like this.
  7. Hiradaei

Hiradaei 1080 Pound Phoenix HERO

Minecraft:
    you know, i dont acctually have a problem with wynn, But at the same time Igbar is right.

8. ShinyAfro

ShinyAfro Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    level 101 too hard gonna kill myself before i get there. Level 75 cap was kinda okay atleast i could level decently fast not like some sort of uphill battle starting at level 85+

9. Hiradaei

Minecraft:
    You know you dont have to call him a noob, because he posted this video it might make us realise something, which I thank him for.

10. ShinyAfro

Guild:
    also about no one ever helping out with anything any time anyone asked for help with bobs tomb and ToA i usually help like 90% of the time and usually theres like 5 of players who decided to help too so like thats kinda wrong what he said there.

Lady_of_Rohan and Ventus333 like this.
  11. Hajri

Hajri of Arabia HERO

Minecraft:
    You know I was Joking with him ._.

12. Hiradaei

Minecraft:
    Oh sorry, i didnt really understand then

CheesePrince13 and Hajri like this.
  13. ShinyAfro

Guild:
    I agree that we need more quests around the 80-100 range so you can actually get to 100. Past 100 like 101 or 102 if that exists, as long as no gear uses that as a requirement, whatever. the 2 stats per level is negligible. Maybe make grinding easier too.

14. SilverMirror

Minecraft:
    yeah i kinda agree on that myself o.0 but his overall view point is valid :P

15. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm sure the content team is aware of this problem and that's why they are adding quests for all levels.
    those of you who are complaining about level 80-100 we caused that by rushing them to finish Gavel early, they said they will add more quests in little updates.

16. ShinyAfro

Guild:
    yeah hence why i don't start bitching and making threads under suggestions but since someone made a thread i figured i'd vent a bit. Great game it is imho its just that the end game is lacking completion, as time goes on we will be more complete.
    i hate the 3 level cap, why can't i do ToA at 40 and become level 50+? then i can line up all the quests and turn them all in during DXP for fast leveling ,rather then waiting for DXP per like 1-2 quests.

17. SilverMirror

Minecraft:
    Tbh the goal of wynn for most players is to get to lv 100, use the most bad-ass gear, and maybe get rich and famous among the community. This is an aspect of other RPG game that other games cannot achieve, that is to create a great community. But at the same time, quests only feel like a tool to help players to level up, instead of players actually enjoying the quest line and such, i'm sure most player rather get the EXP and the reward itself. This is where wynn got the concept of RPG wrong. Finishing the quests and exploring the game should be the main focus of a true RPG game.

But I do appreciate what you suggested a couple of comments before, but as stated by Igbar, if a lv 1 player can finish Fantastic Voyage he might miss out a lot of game play, but then, shame on him/her for not enjoying wynn itself. But it also shows that he/she is a really good player or so. If combining the mixed opinions, in an ideal world, Wynn might be able to set the level caps on each quests to a fix point, such as like these quests are for 1-20, these are for 21-40 and so on. This might be a neat idea,idk, but thats not gonna happen ever ._.

AngusH3 likes this.
  18. Rawb

Rawb Disciple of Bak'al

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ...but I like grinding...

Isabeau37, Nightkay and IreczeQ like this.
  19. AngusH3

AngusH3 GRAND DAD???? FLEENTSTONES?? VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So you like sitting on a tree for a few hours waiting to get maybe a level or two without leaving the computer?

20. ashdalf

ashdalf wagoo wagoo

I think the true major flaw of this video is Igbar's use of the +5 chaos zweihander. He has the fucking father's mask, but where the fuck is his giant set? Filthy casul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.